Raw for Women

Becks23

They look like a great fit! Seems the smaller size is the way to go. I'm torn, because to get them big enough for my thigh measurement, the waist is half an inch bigger than I'd prefer - so I'm not sure what to do! Might just have to take a punt.

I've said this myself....somehow I've still ended up with way too many jeans!  :D

The thighs will stretch a lot though!  the size 3 when I first bought it was so tight in the thighs that I couldn't pull them all the way up...20 wears later I could pinch extra fabric in the thigh and butt (too much extra for my taste actually).  The waist and everything else will stretch too though so who knows.

Momotaro 8005SP has the smallest waist/biggest thigh ratio I have ever seen so far (at least among raw denim low rise which is where I've been looking the most); I like that one too  :D

I have officially too many jeans too now too...lol!  2 are slightly too big for me, 2 just right, 1 a very tight squeeze....so even if I gain or lose weight I should still try really really hard to not buy more....lol

Great fit! It was a good decision to size down  :)

thank you! I am glad I did  :D

Edited by machine-language

Not sure, I've avoided all measurements and scales since I had to stop exercising again because of knee issues, but I'll check later. I'm 5'10", close to 150 lbs and have a normal build, if that helps. My impression is that the TCB 606 is slightly undersized compared to other brands and fits I own. The size 30 is closer to a 29, and the 32 is really a 31. 

Edited by mandel9000

Correct!

I just measured, and my natural waist - which is quite high up on women - is 28.5", and the point where these jeans sit measures about 30.5-31". I usually wear size 29-30 depending on cut, sometimes 31, and the TCB Oranges are my only size 32.

Hello everyone, we wanted to invite you to our event this Saturday November 19th from 1pm-6pm at the Railcar Workshop in Monrovia, California! We will be having a workshop open house to welcome the new Railcar women's "Starlet" stretch skinny fit to the line and to celebrate the Red Wing women's line to the shop. Both these items pair well with each other. We will also be having a free leather boot care class. There will be free boot cleaning supplies here to use and to purchase. We have Red Wing showing you what products works best for your boots leather. All brand boots welcome to party. To really want to out do ourselves, for every Red Wing bought, men's or women's we will be giving away a $50 store credit to buy something here! Other items will also be given away too. Such as Red Wing socks and accessories while supplies last! Enjoy the day with us here. Drinks and snacks too! Located at 802 S Primrose Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016

1032.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hello - I'm looking for a pair of jeans for my ladyfriend. I have done a bit of reading, but i'm still not sure. Her actual waist is around 30, hips around 36 and butt around 38. I'm worried something even with stretch will be too loose in the legs, while fitting the waist fine. I'll keep looking through this thread. But any suggestions for someone with not a ton of waist hip ratio would be great. She doesn't like anything with very low of a rise. I'm considering the Railcar Vixen X028 but even then, I'm not sure exactly what size to get her. Because it stretches, going a sz under might be reasonable.. but in your experience, is that actually too tight?

edit: shit i might be wrong about those measurements.... something close tho.

Edited by rockon99

Hello - I'm looking for a pair of jeans for my ladyfriend. I have done a bit of reading, but i'm still not sure. Her actual waist is around 30, hips around 36 and butt around 38. I'm worried something even with stretch will be too loose in the legs, while fitting the waist fine. I'll keep looking through this thread. But any suggestions for someone with not a ton of waist hip ratio would be great. She doesn't like anything with very low of a rise. I'm considering the Railcar Vixen X028 but even then, I'm not sure exactly what size to get her. Because it stretches, going a sz under might be reasonable.. but in your experience, is that actually too tight?

Just reach out to Taylor at Rail Car directly. She really knows their line and measurements and will def guide you to the right fit. They're also very keen on making sure the fit is right (exchanges have never been an issue for me).

• 2 weeks later...

need pics when it gets here! :D  in any brand so far I am happiest with the raw denim where I sized down a lot...like on day 1 too tight in the thighs to pull it all the way up and too tight in the waist to button it without an extender.  I tried Railcar Vixen before I learned that.  and my Vixens fit great on day 1 but a week later was clearly at least two sizes too big for me. They do stretch a lot.  Downsizing service made them fit better but then they sat too high on me and the back pocket placement was odd when they sat higher so I gave them away.  Railcar Vixen also had a lot of convex shape in the tailbone/SI joint area that I couldn't fill because I am flat right above my butt.  But I'm not sure if that was just the size I tried; maybe in a much smaller size that convex area would have been on my butt instead of above it.

edit: one fit example for you ... my body measurements are

- natural waist 26"-29" depending on how much I just ate :D

- body measurement where my belt sits (mid-rise) 32" if tape is just barely touching skin but not digging in at all

- body measurement where my belt sits (mid-rise) 30" if I pull the tape as tight and squished as humanly possible

- high hip (around my hip joints) 35"

- low hip (at the widest part of my butt & greater trochanters) 38"

- seated thigh measurement 21.5"

...and the jeans I am happiest with after they stretched out all had a waist measurement of about 30" fresh out of the box unworn, with 10.25" or 10.5" thighs measured right at the crotch... so too tight in the thighs to pull them all the way up on day 1, and too tight in the waist to button on day 1, with muffin top when I finally can button them, wondering if I sized down too much ...but a few weeks later just lovely, fitted.  :D  The 2 pairs I have that fit me the best are Samurai Geisha size 2 (16oz nonstretch) which broke in very quickly, and Momotaro 8005SP size 27 (14.7 oz nonstretch) which broke in very slowly.  I also have Baldwin Ten skinny size 25 (10oz stretch) which fits me decently but might end up being a little too large when it's done stretching.  Also tried Railcar Vixen size 29 which was definitely way too big for me after it stretched.  My favorite in that list is the Samurai Geisha because it's fading the fastest and I think it has a flattering shape in the rear.

Seconding getting in touch with Railcar about the Vixens or even the Starlets which are a new skinny style (Taylor posted about them above!). 3sixteen have released a ladies stretch skinny too which seems to have a higher rise. A stretch pair can be a good place to start because fitting them can be more forgiving. Having said that there's nothing like finding that great 100% cotton pair that just moulds to fit you.   :)

Edited by theravensnest

need pics when it gets here! :D  in any brand so far I am happiest with the raw denim where I sized down a lot...like on day 1 too tight in the thighs to pull it all the way up and too tight in the waist to button it without an extender.  I tried Railcar Vixen before I learned that.  and my Vixens fit great on day 1 but a week later was clearly at least two sizes too big for me. They do stretch a lot.  Downsizing service made them fit better but then they sat too high on me and the back pocket placement was odd when they sat higher so I gave them away.  Railcar Vixen also had a lot of convex shape in the tailbone/SI joint area that I couldn't fill because I am flat right above my butt.  But I'm not sure if that was just the size I tried; maybe in a much smaller size that convex area would have been on my butt instead of above it.

edit: one fit example for you ... my body measurements are

- natural waist 26"-29" depending on how much I just ate :D

- body measurement where my belt sits (mid-rise) 32" if tape is just barely touching skin but not digging in at all

- body measurement where my belt sits (mid-rise) 30" if I pull the tape as tight and squished as humanly possible

- high hip (around my hip joints) 35"

- low hip (at the widest part of my butt & greater trochanters) 38"

- seated thigh measurement 21.5"

...and the jeans I am happiest with after they stretched out all had a waist measurement of about 30" fresh out of the box unworn, with 10.25" or 10.5" thighs measured right at the crotch... so too tight in the thighs to pull them all the way up on day 1, and too tight in the waist to button on day 1, with muffin top when I finally can button them, wondering if I sized down too much ...but a few weeks later just lovely, fitted.  :D  The 2 pairs I have that fit me the best are Samurai Geisha size 2 (16oz nonstretch) which broke in very quickly, and Momotaro 8005SP size 27 (14.7 oz nonstretch) which broke in very slowly.  I also have Baldwin Ten skinny size 25 (10oz stretch) which fits me decently but might end up being a little too large when it's done stretching.  Also tried Railcar Vixen size 29 which was definitely way too big for me after it stretched.  My favorite in that list is the Samurai Geisha because it's fading the fastest and I think it has a flattering shape in the rear.

Hello! I like to buy my raws snug as well, it feels much better when it's finally broken in and molded to your body. For my Railcars I've never had to size down, but there is some stretch in the waistband and top block area depending on the fabric. Do you remember which fabric you had tried? I wash my stretch raws regularly because I do notice it starts to loosen up and drape differently, after the wash they tighten right back up in all the right areas. I only do this for stretch denim because of how elastic they are, I try to find the right routine for all my denim and this seems to work great for me. For you I would recommend our Starlet skinny or like mentioned above our Vixen X028sBased on your measurements you would be around a 27-28 for Railcars, to better fit you though, we always recommend measuring a jean that fits you best. The waist, back/front rise, widest part of hip(widest part of jean) and thighs. Let me know!  :) 

Back to my Railcar Starlet skinny. I mentioned that stretch denim does stretch out a bit more than 100% cotton denim. I wash mine regularly (every 2 weeks or so), let them air dry. They always tighten back up in the butt, waistband and knees area where I tend to have the most movement. I also work in a workshop environment and am constantly climbing, bending and moving things around so I tend to wash more than usual. Most girls are afraid of how snug the jean feels at first but it really pays off in the end, when the jean molds to your body instead of buying a size up. If you cant even button the jean, you might want to size up though depending on how you feel. Our denim usually stretches about half an inch in the waistband. So it ends up working out fine. Here are my Starlet skinnies. I have not washed mine in about 2 weeks so they are a little loose in the knees, but nothing a quick soak cant fix. You can even dip just the legs in hot water, let it soak in the tub to make those tighten up. Same with the top block area. I posted some pics of a new pair above if you want to see the comparison.I also post a lot of fit pics of our womens line on my instagram if you are ever curious. @taylorofrailcarOverall, i love these jeans. I work in the retail front of our workshop sometimes and these are always a winner when girls come in for raws. 

1036.jpg

1035.jpg

Hello! I like to buy my raws snug as well, it feels much better when it's finally broken in and molded to your body. For my Railcars I've never had to size down, but there is some stretch in the waistband and top block area depending on the fabric. Do you remember which fabric you had tried? I wash my stretch raws regularly because I do notice it starts to loosen up and drape differently, after the wash they tighten right back up in all the right areas. I only do this for stretch denim because of how elastic they are, I try to find the right routine for all my denim and this seems to work great for me. For you I would recommend our Starlet skinny or like mentioned above our Vixen X028sBased on your measurements you would be around a 27-28 for Railcars, to better fit you though, we always recommend measuring a jean that fits you best. The waist, back/front rise, widest part of hip(widest part of jean) and thighs. Let me know!  :) 

I got the impression Vixen probably isn't for me because the place where the yoke and butt join together had a lot of convexity - and my body shape is totally flat there in the upper butt and above my butt.  Maybe that shape difference was magnified by me guessing the wrong size, but still.  I am having very good luck in brands/styles that are cut less generously in the upper butt.  I thought at first that vixen "cut with extra room in the seat" sounded perfect for me because my waist/hip ratio is pretty far out there... but it turns out mine is mostly just bone width and I don't actually have much of a butt at all.  Lol!  if I do attempt another raw denim purchase someday it would be if I lose more weight, if the samurai geishas feel too big, then I would look for the next smaller size samurai geisha's, because I love those so much and they match my shape almost like they were made for me.  But to answer your question the fabric I had tried was the X023. 

I got the impression Vixen probably isn't for me because the place where the yoke and butt join together had a lot of convexity - and my body shape is totally flat there in the upper butt and above my butt.  Maybe that shape difference was magnified by me guessing the wrong size, but still.  I am having very good luck in brands/styles that are cut less generously in the upper butt.  I thought at first that vixen "cut with extra room in the seat" sounded perfect for me because my waist/hip ratio is pretty far out there... but it turns out mine is mostly just bone width and I don't actually have much of a butt at all.  Lol!  if I do attempt another raw denim purchase someday it would be if I lose more weight, if the samurai geishas feel too big, then I would look for the next smaller size samurai geisha's, because I love those so much and they match my shape almost like they were made for me.  But to answer your question the fabric I had tried was the X023. 

You definitely know what fits work for you! Yeah the Vixen fit isnt for everyone. X023 is leaning towards the heavier side of fabrics so maybe it was a little harsh. A lighter fabric would have draped and sat differently on the hip. We did have a Viper fit, it is designed for girls who have more of a straight body, lower rise as well. We pushed it to the side to see how this Vixen fit would do and girls seem to like it a lot, although we do get a lot of old time customers requesting this slimmer fit. We are going to relaunch that fit soon it might be the fit for you. I will post about it more when it is all set and done. Hope I at least helped shed some info about our fits! :) 

You definitely know what fits work for you! Yeah the Vixen fit isnt for everyone. X023 is leaning towards the heavier side of fabrics so maybe it was a little harsh. A lighter fabric would have draped and sat differently on the hip. We did have a Viper fit, it is designed for girls who have more of a straight body, lower rise as well. We pushed it to the side to see how this Vixen fit would do and girls seem to like it a lot, although we do get a lot of old time customers requesting this slimmer fit. We are going to relaunch that fit soon it might be the fit for you. I will post about it more when it is all set and done. Hope I at least helped shed some info about our fits! :)

I don't think it was the weight...I mean my favorite samurai geishas are very heavy too (16oz) but they match my shape. I think I learned how to avoid this problem next time by looking at the measurements especially the back rise ... and a picture of the jeans folded with a back pocket visible so I can see if the tailbone area is curved or flat   :)  The jeans that fit me the best are all low rise in the front, low rise in the back, very flat where the yoke meets the butt, with a smaller than average waist compared to the thighs. 

• 2 weeks later...

These are Japan Blue 1169 Skinny Stitch from Denimio.com and they do not yet button.  It's fine though lol ...I'm sure they will button soon enough.

They are cute...I like them :)  Only $77.  Not selvedge.  but I like them a lot.  I got them because the waist/thigh/rise measurements looked right up my alley; low rise in front and back, and a smaller waist compared to the thighs.  I think I like these marginally better than my Baldwin Ten skinnies.  because the slightly angled back pockets are cute and also because the upper butt is cut less generously and more flat.  Baldwin Ten size 25 has a little bit of convexity in the upper butt that I don't need, and a higher back rise than I need; it's not bad but I think these will match my shape better (after I get them to button!)

5tPOSj5.jpg

82XIw8O.jpg

IYnoBAR.jpg

e5Sk8xl.jpg

Now they can zip and button (Japan Blue 1169).  They were stubborn... felt like they weren't stretching at all for a few days.  I wondered if I should have gotten size 27.  I slept in them once - then they could button the next morning.  Rise/thighs/waistband all stretched a little bit, and it was just barely enough.  And I like the snug fit so I'm glad I got the 26 instead of the 27 :) 

I like these a lot; good match on my shape.  The little knotwood bug tag is cute too :) 

ICFdNqv.jpg

EKCSeAM.jpg

nNI28kj.jpg

FNdpsFP.jpg

• 1 month later...

Recently Railcar released a 23 ounce in the Spikes fit. Working closely with Steven we decided to make one in our women's Vixen cut! I had him make me a size up from my normal Railcar size which is 27. The size 28s fit me perfect! Snug as hell, but I know if i would have gone for a 29 it wouldnt not have worked for me. I rather wear this snug and stretch it out as much as I can resulting in a better fit at the end. I have been wearing this as much as I can, its been about 2 weeks total and they are already easier to put on than the first time I tried it! Steven had to help me pull the two panels together to get it buttoned, but after a few hours of wearing it and having to rebutton after using the ladies room multiple times throughout the day I noticed the fabric relaxed and started to mold to my body.

First time trying it on. Felt some pressure on the top block area, but relaxed after a day or two (which I admit probably has to do with my booty haha) 

IMG_3373.jpg.b9ad288b92abd119accd8a0d628c7c1a.jpg

About 2 weeks into trying to break them in. We took these shots a few days ago. I am not going to soak these for a while. The fabric broke in bit and molded to my body shape. Back of the knees are starting to crease and getting some honeycomb fades which I am very excited about! 

IMG_3916.thumb.jpg.b916c846a7d42b99982b69ba83ce26b4.jpg

The geometry of our Vixen cut is made with a curved in waistband so we did not have a problem with waistband gaping. 

IMG_3918.thumb.jpg.0f4ed29d4a8328fc90c09e8e7e474ccc.jpg

Overall I am having fun seeing the results day by day and I am going to continue to wear it as much as possible! Will keep you updated. 

IMG_3927.thumb.jpg.6662282a15d6f652caf51ab897326970.jpg

IMG_4057.thumb.jpg.d2a8a6f6115603da2e48420937ed4a20.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG

Thanks for posting Taylor! I'm looking forward to seeing how you go with them. Really tempted, but I'm not 100% sure what my normal Vixen size is (I've just grown out of a pair!) so I'm going to hold off for now. Your pair is making me rethink though!

On 1/17/2017 at 3:38 AM, machine-language said:

Now they can zip and button (Japan Blue 1169).  They were stubborn... felt like they weren't stretching at all for a few days.  I wondered if I should have gotten size 27.  I slept in them once - then they could button the next morning.  Rise/thighs/waistband all stretched a little bit, and it was just barely enough.  And I like the snug fit so I'm glad I got the 26 instead of the 27 :) 

I like these a lot; good match on my shape.  The little knotwood bug tag is cute too :) 

These look great, nice fit. I like the look of Japan Blue's but haven't tried them yet so thanks for posting. 

I noticed that Denimio has a new listing for Samurai Geishas....so tempted if I can get the sizing sorted! How are your Geishas going?

@Rika

yes, I've had 4 pairs of N and F

skinny Girl Glow in the Dark

skinny Girl rich blue stretch(mystery pair!!!)

leggy girl cashmere stretch

leggy girl super Slub stretch

basically,,you get what you pay for..

theyre fun, gimmicky jeans at reasonable prices

unfortunately, the cut that fit me best, leggy girl was discontinued..

but don't get them if you're looking for a long term project as I never got a pair to wear as far as a year even!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2017 at 9:06 PM, blaewen_blue said:

These look great, nice fit. I like the look of Japan Blue's but haven't tried them yet so thanks for posting. 

I noticed that Denimio has a new listing for Samurai Geishas....so tempted if I can get the sizing sorted! How are your Geishas going?

sorry I just saw this question but yes I still love my samurai geishas :)  they fade fast. They also stretch a lot during breakin.  I am most comfortable in a size that was impossible to button on day 1 (because they stretched so much - not just the width but also the rise and the thighs).   I wore mine with a 2" waistband extender at first and then after a few weeks it felt almost too loose on me.  I am usually a denim size 27 and the geisha size 2 is perfect for me.  my body shape is mostly just wide hip bones compared to everything else and the geisha matches that shape very well. 

Here are my raw 3sixteen+577bsp Cone Mills natural Pima cotton jeans

image.jpeg