Raw for Women

Becks23

• 2 weeks later...

well....a big new contracting project made it impossible for me to resist the momo's that I was lusting after  :rolleyes:  the measurements on these looked so perfect for my shape in theory (a low rise in front and back, but also a small waist compared to the thigh)

I keep feeling like my jeans stretch out too much and then feel too big, so this one is like a test of how small a size I can start with. On day 1 the thighs were so tight that they sat 2 inches too low on me and could not be buttoned or zipped at all, not even if my life depended on it.  I slept in them twice, I know it's kind of odd, but it worked; now the thighs are loose enough that I can pull them all the way up and I can button them and zip them.  so this picture is day 3; I think they will be just right in the end 

momotaro 8005SP size 27

VA0CMY5.jpg

oh yeah...in my case I think my thighs are always the holdup if it can't button at the waist... lol.  If the thighs are too tight then I can't pull the waistband high enough, to the part of my body that's small enough for it to button.  but once I get them up my thighs then it's fine.

I wasn't sure if it was going to work because I read momo's don't stretch much...plan B if it didn't work was to gift this pair to my sister who's a size or two smaller than me :)  I still want to give her a present though, maybe she'll get size 26 :D

well I imagine it would be a lot more unpleasant for a guy to size down!  :P  for me pretty painless though. and I will really like it a lot if they still feel somewhat fitted after they are fully broken in.

ignoring the hoodie (because maybe I need a fancier shirt for this to work)... do you think the momo's work with my 4" heels?  It's nice that they are already the perfect length for it. 

WZL7X1z.jpg

Sh7Al33.jpg

TAA2z5S.jpg

thank you for the input!  I don't know anything about women's fashion but maybe you are both right about not hiding heels :P  

(as for what i was aiming for...a "going out to eat and wanting to look kind-of-sort-of dressed up, but not so dressed up that I am actually wearing a dress" kind of outfit...needs a different shirt though. maybe a nice sweater or nice blouse. just not a hoodie... lol)

Hello! :D Railcar here back with a new style. Railcar Starlet. 11oz Turkish fabric. This non-selvedge stretch cotton denim was designed for multiple body shapes. Legs have a skinny profile and the dark indigo fades into a classic blue. Machine washable, mine tightened up on the legs after a wash as you can see on the bottom photo. Really easy raw for women to get into. If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

1024.jpg

1025.jpg

Thanks for posting the info on the Geisha's machine-language I've been looking at those for ages, but the rise always puts me off. They look so great I might have to give in though!

well....a big new contracting project made it impossible for me to resist the momo's that I was lusting after  :rolleyes:  the measurements on these looked so perfect for my shape in theory (a low rise in front and back, but also a small waist compared to the thigh)

I keep feeling like my jeans stretch out too much and then feel too big, so this one is like a test of how small a size I can start with. On day 1 the thighs were so tight that they sat 2 inches too low on me and could not be buttoned or zipped at all, not even if my life depended on it.  I slept in them twice, I know it's kind of odd, but it worked; now the thighs are loose enough that I can pull them all the way up and I can button them and zip them.  so this picture is day 3; I think they will be just right in the end 

momotaro 8005SP size 27

I found my Momotaro's didn't stretch too much - I purposely soaked and stretched just the waistband and now they're perfect, just coming up on a year I think (although not wearing them every day). I'm a boots girl, but you're rocking those heels :)

Taylor - those are just lovely!  :D

ravensnest - glad it helped; I love my geishas soooo much, they fade so fast and it's lovely to watch. I personally wouldn't be afraid of the low rise because they stretch so much.  on mine the thighs stretched out so much that they can sit pretty much as high as I want them to. and the rise stretched too.  everything stretched horizontally and also vertically.  I would love to try the next size down because I think they stretched a little too much for my taste but damn $295 is a lot so I'm ok with the looser fit for now, whatever! lol

I absolutely love my momo 8005sp too...they are starting to feel like second skin :) breaking those in was grueling (for a while my hip flexors were fatigued when I walked a lot in them; just a lot of resistance on every step because I sized down) but I love that waist/thigh ratio.  they are the only pair of jeans I own that is still fitted in the waist and upper butt after break-in; the only jeans I own that don't tempt me to take in the waist someday :)

PS. I would love you see pictures of your momos! :D

Edited by machine-language

Can do! I had them on today actually, so good timing. These are I think my favourites.

RiyAf5h.jpg

zqSxQDJ.jpg

They are the Momotaro copper label 'vintage indigo' GL007-MZ. More info here. I love the details on them, the yoke and pocket fabric is really different/interesting and I love the peach arcs!

I have the Railcar Vixens too - what do you think of them? I love mine, but made the mistake of having them taken up too much! I'm going to wait and see if they bring back the higher waisted Donna's soon - but I'd love to get the Vixen's made in a heavier weight.

I *really* want those Geisha's now!! 

Edited by theravensnest

Can do! I had them on today actually, so good timing. These are I think my favourites.

They are the Momotaro copper label 'vintage indigo' GL007-MZ. More info here. I love the details on them, the yoke and pocket fabric is really different/interesting and I love the peach arcs!

I have the Railcar Vixens too - what do you think of them? I love mine, but made the mistake of having them taken up too much! I'm going to wait and see if they bring back the higher waisted Donna's soon - but I'd love to get the Vixen's made in a heavier weight.

I *really* want those Geisha's now!! 

ooh those are gorgeous!   love  :D

my size 29 railcar vixens unfortunately didn't work out for my shape...they were very nice quality but I ended up gifting them because of shape differences...I think part of the problem is I guessed my size wrong from afar (too big) but also they had too high of a back rise for my shape and too much convexity in the upper butt.  I think my shape needs a low back rise and a totally flat shape around the yoke - I'm very wide-boned in the hips but not enough butt volume to fill a higher back rise or a convex yoke area.  we did an alteration to take in the waist and lower the back rise and it definitely helped get everything closer to my body shape but taking out that much fabric changed where they sat on me and the back pockets looked too high afterwards...oh well, it was a learning mistake on my part.  I noticed those also stretched a lot very quickly so if I ever try them again I will try to err on the side of picking a size too small. 

Thanks! I hadn't worn them a huge amount, but during the past 4 months I've started wearing them a lot more. Just about to wash them for the first time, I've had them for about 16 months all up.

That's interesting - I have two pair of Vixens, one in the natural indigo, one in the black. I've never had an issue with the indigo ones - other than the crotch sits below my actual crotch by a bit, and this puts a bit more stress on that area, so I've had to repair them (which I'm fine with). I had always assumed the thighs were a little tight which prevented me from pulling them up as far as they can go - they sit just on my hips, whereas in the pics I've seen they seem to sit higher on other people.

So I bought one size up in the black ones and actually saw the picture of the ones you had on the  previous page and realised that's how the bigger ones fit me! With the kind of bunch/roll at the back. So I'm not sure they're actually the best fit for me. Having said that, I LOVE my indigo Vixens and wear them all the time and would recommend them to anyone based on the construction and materials etc. I've just forced them to fit me a certain way :D

The Momotaros fit me better I think for the same reason as you, they're a bit lower rise - but I think also it has to do with the denim itself. The Railcar denim is very tightly woven and rigid, whereas the Momotaro denim, while a heavier weight (14oz), seems to have a bit more texture and was softer from the start, so is maybe less densely woven. So perhaps they have a bit more give and have moulded a bit better to my shape? 

Funnily enough I just bought a new pair of TCB Orange Tab super slims - they have a *really* high rise (approx 10") and I was a bit uh hopeful with the sizing (haha) and got a smaller size. But the denim is soft and hairy and despite being 13oz has really softened up quickly where I need it to - so while they're still tight, they fit really well. And they're guys jeans so not curvy at all. 

So I think what I've learned through trial and error is that the actual denim, rather than the cut will contribute a lot to the eventual fit - which I guess is pretty obvious but it's one of those things you have to learn yourself I guess! 

Thanks! I hadn't worn them a huge amount, but during the past 4 months I've started wearing them a lot more. Just about to wash them for the first time, I've had them for about 16 months all up.

That's interesting - I have two pair of Vixens, one in the natural indigo, one in the black. I've never had an issue with the indigo ones - other than the crotch sits below my actual crotch by a bit, and this puts a bit more stress on that area, so I've had to repair them (which I'm fine with). I had always assumed the thighs were a little tight which prevented me from pulling them up as far as they can go - they sit just on my hips, whereas in the pics I've seen they seem to sit higher on other people.

So I bought one size up in the black ones and actually saw the picture of the ones you had on the  previous page and realised that's how the bigger ones fit me! With the kind of bunch/roll at the back. So I'm not sure they're actually the best fit for me. Having said that, I LOVE my indigo Vixens and wear them all the time and would recommend them to anyone based on the construction and materials etc. I've just forced them to fit me a certain way :D

The Momotaros fit me better I think for the same reason as you, they're a bit lower rise - but I think also it has to do with the denim itself. The Railcar denim is very tightly woven and rigid, whereas the Momotaro denim, while a heavier weight (14oz), seems to have a bit more texture and was softer from the start, so is maybe less densely woven. So perhaps they have a bit more give and have moulded a bit better to my shape? 

Funnily enough I just bought a new pair of TCB Orange Tab super slims - they have a *really* high rise (approx 10") and I was a bit uh hopeful with the sizing (haha) and got a smaller size. But the denim is soft and hairy and despite being 13oz has really softened up quickly where I need it to - so while they're still tight, they fit really well. And they're guys jeans so not curvy at all. 

So I think what I've learned through trial and error is that the actual denim, rather than the cut will contribute a lot to the eventual fit - which I guess is pretty obvious but it's one of those things you have to learn yourself I guess! 

I would love to see your TCB jeans too, if you have a picture! :D  I have to live vicariously through other people since I already spent too much on jeans lately....lol

I think you would like the samurai geisha denim a lot ... it is heavy (16oz) but feels like a looser weave ...and it's also "soft and hairy" ... I love the texture of it.    :D

Yours are the ones that convinced me to the get the TCBs @mandel! (I'm blaewen on Insta and I can't figure out how to change my display name here!). I'm considering getting the one size up as well, since the ones I have fit quite tight, though still pretty comfy. The TCBs are my first pair of high rise - and I love them. Although for me (being short) the waist sits right on/above my belly button, so super high, but I like the style.

I've tried out a few mens' cuts (Flathead, Levis, TCBs) and I think the women's cuts suit me better, only because I'm so short and my waist/thigh ratio is...significant? :D

I love the Warehouse and the fit on the Ooe-Yofukuten's look great!

I figured that much after seeing similarities in the photos here and there, @theravensnest/@blaewen! :D Looking forward to seeing more of the TCBs and your other jeans. Thanks for the kind words too!

You're right about rise and other fit properties being very individual and dependent on height/body type. It takes a few trials and errors but I think I've finally found what works best for me. The funny thing is that what is often labeled anti-fit (for men), i.e. baggy in the seat and thighs, usually fits me like a glove when sized down. So one man's anti-fit is another woman's best fit, so to speak. 

Edited by mandel9000

I have and love the TCB Orange 606 too. I have two pairs, one is tight and the other is a little looser and more comfortable. Fit pics of both below. Sorry about the low resolution, I had to re-download from my own Instagram. 

TCB Orange 606, size 30

TCB Orange 606, size 32

I have quite a few pairs of raw denim, but I don't own a single women's cut. Most men's or unisex cuts work for me since I'm tall and not very curvy, as long as the thighs are roomy (enough) I'm good. Funny you should say that about the rise, @theravensnest, because 10 inches is an absolute minimum for me, although that's based on comfort and not aesthetics. I do like the low rise look on others.

Here are a couple of other jeans in my rotation. 

Warehouse 1101, size 30

Ooe-Yofukuten OA02-510, size 31

looks fantastic! :D  

I figured that much after seeing similarities in the photos here and there, @theravensnest/@blaewen! :D Looking forward to seeing more of the TCBs and your other jeans. Thanks for the kind words too!

You're right about rise and other fit properties being very individual and dependent on height/body type. It takes a few trials and errors but I think I've finally found what works best for me. The funny thing is that what is often labeled anti-fit (for men), i.e. baggy in the seat and thighs, usually fits me like a glove when sized down. So one man's anti-fit is another woman's best fit, so to speak. 

Definitely! I've found it a bit hit and miss, but been lucky overall. Just about to sell a pair of guys Flatheads 5002 that didn't work out for me - I hate to let them go because they're gorgeous, but too nice for me not to wear as much as they deserve.

On the bright side, I get to shop for a new pair now!

The TCBs in the bigger size look great, they look like totally different jeans!

I did decide to size down in the samurai geisha; just had a "what if I regret it forever?" kind of moment because I love so much how the size 3 is fading and I love how it matches my shape, love the texture and weight too, but I liked the size less and less because they had stretched so much and felt too big :)

so this is samurai geisha bootcut size 2 (M); on day 2 because I couldn't button them on day 1 (they did loosen up fast though - just wearing them a few hours was enough to button them the next day).  And the flare at the bottom is smaller in this size...I like that too :)

QCMmIU4.jpg

I'm done buying jeans now, I swear!   :D

They look like a great fit! Seems the smaller size is the way to go. I'm torn, because to get them big enough for my thigh measurement, the waist is half an inch bigger than I'd prefer - so I'm not sure what to do! Might just have to take a punt.

I'm done buying jeans now, I swear!   :D

I've said this myself....somehow I've still ended up with way too many jeans!  :D

Edited by theravensnest