Raw for Women

Becks23

Fit looks spot on and hope you enjoy your pair! I'm not sure what you did to break them in with your 5 wears, but maybe they need more time to break in.  

We need more women rocking raw denim.  I wish I could get a pair for my gf, but her hips and bootay are too big (lucky me  ;)).  

Fit looks spot on and hope you enjoy your pair! I'm not sure what you did to break them in with your 5 wears, but maybe they need more time to break in.  

We need more women rocking raw denim.  I wish I could get a pair for my gf, but her hips and bootay are too big (lucky me  ;)).  

I have faith in the alterations...we are going to flatten this tailbone area where the jeans are curved, but I am flat. 

curved tailbone area

and slightly lower the rise + reduce the waist to match.

I added 1 more picture to my previous album ... I found a safety pin spot that takes out the extra tailbone volume, without taking out so much volume that the jeans want to sit higher on me.  (I don't want them to sit higher on me because I like where the back pockets are currently ...I want the pockets to stay at the same height.)

planning alteration with safety pins

I only tried 3 raw brands so far (3sixteen, baldwin, & railcar) but of those I like Railcar the best. for symmetry and flattering back pocket placement   :D  I think they are going to be my favorite jeans after the alteration    :)
Edited by machine-language

Don't judge; I have no restraint this week :D  I was googling low rise raw denim for women last night and ended up ordering this: http://blueingreensoho.com/products/samurai-ladies-jeans-geisha-ga0512lxx-boot-cut

I am not familiar with Japanese sizes but based on the measurements I picked "3" which I hope will be "just barely able to squeeze into it with difficulty" kinda tight, and then over time break in to a point where it's form-fitting. They are once-washed and I read they stretch out a lot during break-in so hopefully super-tight on day 1 is a good goal for these (...is it? I guess I should figure that out before they get here)

If all goes well then I will 3 pairs of jeans I like that are all slightly different fit (railcar vixen, samurai geisha, & baldwin ten).    :D

I hope it fits; I am hoping maybe if I size it right then the geisha will avoid my fit issues by staying farther away from my waist.  with a low front rise and low back rise.  but we'll see  :)  I might need an even lower rise than that, to do what I am picturing.  I am picturing jeans where the belt could sit right on the bony SI joint area right above my butt.  all of my butt is below that bony area, but that bony area is still pretty wide too so it's not like an extreme waist/hip ratio if I find jeans that sit there.

PBJ do you have a specific model in mind?  Every picture I see of those so far looks so straight up and down from waist to hip to thigh. so I admit they scare me a little.   :ph34r:  but if they are returnable then I might like to try them too.

Edited by machine-language

My dream low rise jeans…I hope I can find them someday :)

33†waistband, and front rise + back rise add up to 18.5â€

or

31†waistband, and front rise + back rise add up to 21â€

that’s like the top, and the bottom, of the bony area right above my butt where my belt always wants to sit (whether it is supposed to sit there or not).

measurements look like the samurai geisha might be very close to that range:  31†waist, and front rise + back rise add up to 21.25â€.  but only if I can fit my thighs and hips into it.  Upper thigh measurement looks like it will be a struggle.  but I hope it will work.

I also bought baldwin ten skinny size 27 and got them in the mail today (same ones I already had, but 2 sizes down)... like I said I have no restraint this week, don't judge  :D

(2 sizes down because I felt like the size 29's had stretched out too much to be a true skinny jean any more.  Or maybe I lost weight or something idk. I was going to try 28 but 27 is what they had.)

they're so perfect and I'm glad I sized all the way down to 27...I love them  :D

this one has a 30" waistband, and the front + back rise add up to 21.5.  So it's a little outside the range I measured earlier but it is still sitting right on that bony area that I want.  so maybe I measured myself wrong.  Or maybe stretchy makes it ok.

And the back pocket positioning is so much better than my first pair of baldwin tens. I don't know if they changed the pocket position or if the smaller size always had better pocket positions.  but I do love it a lot.  

Super-skinny stretchy legging-jean needs all taken care of  :biggrin:

here are the baldwin ten size 29's that I am saving in my closet for later in case I gain enough weight to size back up again.

8 months, 0 washes

5GmYyeq.jpg

0IwgbbZ.jpg

and here is the new baldwin ten size 27.  got a little bit of muffin top bit it's subtle.  I think the muffin top will be resolved when they stretch out... if not then time to lose 5 pounds because I really like these  :P

FWY3Jlu.jpg

one last picture of the baldwin ten size 27...it's a crappy blurry picture but it shows what I like about the back pockets.  

they're just so... correct  :D

I'm done with pictures now unless the samurai geishas fit enough to keep them too.   I hope we get more pictures from other women too... I am curious what other jeans look like but I don't have the budget to try them all.

GPJONhH.jpg

Those really do fit you perfectly! Id just recommend a little hem.

thanks!  I see what you mean.  I am going to wait until they break in to decide if I need it though.  last year the baldwin ten size 29 sat a tiny bit higher on me after break-in because the upper thighs loosened up.  I feel the 27's starting to do the same.

With great difficulty, I have squeezed myself into the samurai geisha size 3. I love them and I keeping them!   I think the back pockets look cute and that is obviously priority #1 haha.  

denim: 16oz nonstretch, once washed

front rise: 8.5"
back rise: 12.5"
waist: 31.5"
upper thigh (measured right at the crotch like BIG measures it): 11"
my waist measurement: 26"
my hip/lower butt measurement: 39"
my upper hip measurement where the belt is sitting: 32.5"

The bottom 2 buttons were extremely difficult to button (took me about 6 tries per button... until I figured out I can wedge a metal thing in there to pry the button out of the hole... exactly like taking a tire off a bike...lol).  by the time I got to the top button I had figured that out so that top button was a lot easier.

gQ1gYQt.jpg

KFANOU7.jpg

ABpoYTq.jpg

wxKcl8a.jpg

Yhodbuf.jpg

iqWwqlt.jpg

6gdVoXY.jpg

I have some lower back muffin top but I think that will go away after they break in.  And obviously they're going to need a hem at some point and maybe a lower leg taper too. but that is an easy fix.  I want these to fit over boots, but they don't need to be *that* huge to fit over boots. 

I think I will try a hem first and see if I like the flare after hemming...I was wearing them yesterday and that flare makes me feel like a kid in a good way so maybe it's a keeper  :D

do the samurai geishas shrink in the length on their 2nd wash?  BIG website said they were washed once already.  I do want to break them in before hemming to see if the thighs loosen up at all (they will sit half an inch higher on me if the thighs loosen up a little bit)

samurai geisha loosened up so nicely after a few wears and they feel great.  I keep reaching for these instead of rotating like I was planning to. So I apologize in advance if I only have samurai geisha fade pictures in the spring instead of a rotation...I just love them so much!  they make me feel like exploring everything and climbing on all the rocks and trees  :D  the weight and texture is so good.

qrGDQgn.jpg

here is an interesting low rise choice for wide hips & narrow waist; momotaro 8005sp

https://www.denimio.com/momotarojeans-8005sp-7oz-ladies-natural-straight.html

compared to my samurai geisha, it looks like the waist is a little bit smaller and the thighs are a little bit bigger.  rise is similar though. 

It's not for me because I need to do less buying and more wearing... for, I don't now, a year at least?   :D  but I thought I would share anyway.  I had to dig a bit to find it...I don't usually see momotaro listed in any summary of "raw jeans for women" ...I'm really not sure why.  They look nice.  I like the stripes. 

^Dont know if u can still find them, but the Skulls config might be a match for u, as well.

Btw, fab fits on those jawns, especially the Geisha. I know wider hems aren't so pop these days, but I think, once in awhile, having a slight hourglass-esqué bottoms silhouette is quite glam & sexy ... as compared to the ubiquitous jeggingfit ...

Edited by BrownMetallic

thx :) I found some pictures of skull linda and it does look like potentially a good match for my shape but I need to do less buying and more wearing!  I'm already trying hard to talk myself out of buying the momo's and it's very difficult.  those stripes  :blink:   

I like the flare too!  I decided not to hem them yet either. I just sewed the cuff very loosely into place, at a good height for hiking boots and sneakers.  and if I want to wear them with 4.5" heels someday when they stop bleeding indigo then I can take the cuff down.

samurai geisha fades already just barely visible after 9 days... it seems so fast!   but the weight makes me want to be a lot more active in them than I was in my baldwin tens last year so that might be why they are fading faster. 

93PQw8f.jpg

bbUIsPK.jpg

It seems like girls can get away with a lot more with fashion than guys.  I'm not sure if a guy can pull off boot cut now a days or maybe that cut will be hip again in 10 years.  Respect the Geisha denim and it should be your duty to beat the crap out of them for epic fades  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Are your Baldwins made from Cone Mills Denim? I think it's interesting that Cone denim fades so fast, whereas, other denim is not.

that was a picture of the geishas (with 20 wears and no washes yet); not sure about Baldwin Ten but I looked it up and it says those are japanese denim too.  very different weight though (16oz geishas vs. 10oz baldwin ten) so maybe it's a weight thing; being more active in the geishas because I feel like they are heavy enough to take it :)  

that was a picture of the geishas (with 20 wears and no washes yet); not sure about Baldwin Ten but I looked it up and it says those are japanese denim too.  very different weight though (16oz geishas vs. 10oz baldwin ten) so maybe it's a weight thing; being more active in the geishas because I feel like they are heavy enough to take it :)

I'm wondering if it has to do with the weave as well. I have a pair of 12.5oz Gustin Cone Mills denim that faded incredibly fast and then a pair of 14.5oz N&F Left Hand Twill that took forever just to see fades. I'm currently wearing a pair of 14.5oz Leon Denim which is made from low tension denim from Collect Mills and these are proving to be tough faders. I'm already over a month in and the only fades I can see is in the rear, but just barely.

It seems like girls can get away with a lot more with fashion than guys.  I'm not sure if a guy can pull off boot cut now a days or maybe that cut will be hip again in 10 years.  Respect the Geisha denim and it should be your duty to beat the crap out of them for epic fades  :)

Meh, you can pull off whatever you like, it's not like super relaxed fitting 50s jeans or 1890s wabash fabrics are in fashion but people pull it off all the time ;)

I agree, wear whatever you like :D

samurai geisha stretched out soooo much everywhere ...lol.  it's even doing a tiny bit of the same horizontal upper butt fold that the railcar vixens had, so I find myself wishing I had tried the size 2 instead of the 3, but I'm leaving it alone.  I love them anyway.  on the bright side, zero muffin top now since they are so loose.  I just feel like next time I order raw denim I really need to test the limits of how small a size I can squeeze into on day 1, if I want it to still be somewhat fitted later  :D

how much samurai geisha stretched:

- the flat thigh measurement is 0.75" bigger than it used to be (thigh circumference 1.5" bigger)

- front and back rise are each 1" longer now

- the waist circumference is 2" bigger. 

that's a lot!