Raw for Women

Becks23

those look nice Machine, don't really get some of the details like that single expose rivet on right back pocket or the exposed selvedge on the coin pocket, but the silhouette looks dope.

I ended up giving my partner my Oni's that were picking up dust. Fits spot on she's just going to get the knee and leg tapered and cool it good. Will post pictures once they are all done.

Thanks!  I see what you mean... I like the little bit of contrast in the pocket, but I would have been happy with them either way.  I feel like finding something that fits thighs/hips/waist all at the same time is the main holdup for me, so I'm happy :)  The only thing I would change is for my shape I think I'd like the back pockets to be just a wee bit closer together... but it doesn't scream "whoa, pockets too far apart!" like the other one did, so I'm not going to worry about that.  I might someday need to get the waist taken in if the waist stretches out a lot... or a belt might be enough by itself.  I want to find a wider belt because they have huge belt loops and I love wide belts ...I think I could fit a 2.25" wide belt in there.

Having the back pockets so far apart and wide would annoy me so much. Anyways, really nice fit and it would be nice to see your fades down the line.  If you're looking for thick belts, check out Don't Mourn Organize.  They do custom belts that are very affordable and thick as hell, great bang for your  buck.  Highly recommended.  

Edited by Chubacca

Having the back pockets so far apart and wide would annoy me so much. Anyways, really nice fit and it would be nice to see your fades down the line.  If you're looking for thick belts, check out Don't Mourn Organize.  They do custom belts that are very affordable and thick as hell, great bang for your  buck.  Highly recommended.  

Thanks!  Do you know if they have a store online?  I searched but could only find a blog. 

I hope to come back with some nice fade pictures in a year or so :)

I think if I ever need to get the baldwin ten jeans waist taken in (if the waist stretches too much) then I might have the pockets moved at the same time.  They are a little farther apart than where I would like them to be, but not far enough to make me feel like I absolutely must fix it before I can wear them.  They are centered on the pocket zone, but I think my shape wants pockets to be closer to the back seam than the side seam, otherwise they don't look centered when I'm wearing it.  I'm mostly relieved that they are not as far apart as the 77bsp pockets.  On the 77bsp's the pockets were closer to the side seam than the back seam and that looked cringeworthy on me :)

Edited by machine-language

Thanks!  Do you know if they have a store online?  I searched but could only find a blog. 

I hope to come back with some nice fade pictures in a year or so :)

I think if I ever need to get the baldwin ten jeans waist taken in (if the waist stretches too much) then I might have the pockets moved at the same time.  They are a little farther apart than where I would like them to be, but not far enough to make me feel like I absolutely must fix it before I can wear them.  They are centered on the pocket zone, but I think my shape wants pockets to be closer to the back seam than the side seam, otherwise they don't look centered when I'm wearing it.  I'm mostly relieved that they are not as far apart as the 77bsp pockets.  On the 77bsp's the pockets were closer to the side seam than the back seam and that looked cringeworthy on me :)

They don't have an online store because everything is custom, made to order.  I'd send Scott an email at <[email protected]> and he'll tell you what he has in stock.  I have 2 belts - one black and another horsehide gunslinger in natural tan.  The horsehide is so thick and sturdy, I'd trust it if my life was on the line.  

dang sounds like the back pockets are keeping you up at night fam. They might move after their fires wash but if its that big of a deal just sell them and get another pair. 

lol sorry, but you've mentioned the back pockets literally every post, I think that's the least distracting feature on those considering the details I mentioned earlier.

Good luck though

Pics of Baldwin The Ten Skinny size 29 from Brooklyn Denim Co. I like these a lot, so I'm done looking for the moment :D

http://imgur.com/a/RJ9pw

The pockets look good. Just keep wearing them and I think you'll begin to see what most of us agree on, they are a good fit. In the past I have focused on a specific detail on some of my jeans and obsessed and obsessed only to find myself happy with what was once driving me crazy.

Just wear them and enjoy!

Thanks...well, the reason I brought up the estimate is because I hoped someone who knows a lot about denim alterations might have an opinion on the number... like "yep, $160ish is a pretty normal price for moving back pockets" or "whoa, that is ridiculous, someone with the right equipment could do that a lot easier/cheaper." To me it seemed high but I don't have any sewing knowledge. If it truly is a $160 effort then that makes me love and accept all my pockets just the way they are! Except when I'm looking for the next pair of jeans. :)

For this pair I agree perfect shouldn't be the enemy of good. I am enjoying my jeans. I love them actually :)

Perfect pocket placement could inspire me to love a 2nd pair of jeans too though, so I'm going to hopefully-not-creepily watch this thread in hopes for seeing more real-life fit pictures from women with a similar size as me. :)

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I picked up some jeans for my girlfriend and got the deal of the century, a pair of RRLs made in the US from stretch Japanese selvedge denim with a really hairy texture. Retail price was over $250 but RRL's women's line has apparently been discontinued so they were only about $100. Only details missing that I would've liked to have seen are hidden rivets in the back pocket, but other than that these are spot on. Think they'll fade really nice too. Might post some pics later if she doesn't object ;)

I just would like to chime in that Railcar Vixen\Viper fit has the best fit for me so far. I found it accommodates\moulds to my hip better than other models. 

Below is the Railcar Vixen X023. Worn ~8 months almost everyday and washed about half dozen times.

DSC 0994

DSC 1071

DSC 1074

sorry some of the photos were taken in low light so its grainy ><

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone! I wanted to show you guys a fit pic from a customer I helped out a few days ago, she's wearing the new Railcar Vixen X028 raw 12 ounce Japanese 2% stretch selvedge denim. Size 29. 

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

Hey everyone! I wanted to show you guys a fit pic from a customer I helped out a few days ago, she's wearing the new Railcar Vixen X028 raw 12 ounce Japanese 2% stretch selvedge denim. Size 29. 

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

Those look great!!!!  Seems like Steven has added some room in the booty and legs.  Might need to get my gf a pair.  

Thanks for posting pic Taylor!

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

that makes me need my 2nd pair of raw denim   :D

her shape is really similar to mine and it looks great. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to introduce Railcars new raw denim skirt! I'm really excited about this one I know Steven has been wanting to do something like this for a while. So here it is, raw and crispy lets see if we get some skirt fades! It should be available for this fall :)

1020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have no idea why i'm wearing my vixen X026s it's pretty hot today but they looked so pretty in my closet this morning. I haven't washed these yet but I had a taper done on mine and they came out perfect! 13oz 100% cotton black weft/ black warp. 5 months no washes. 

1021.jpg

I got brand-new Railcar Vixen X023 in the mail today  :D  I like them a lot!  

Now I know what to wear all winter and I don't need to wash my pants for the foreseeable future, yay.  :D

They look great on you! Im glad you got the X023s because we just ran out of that fabric, i dont think we will be getting it back for a while, so you scored! Keep us posted the fades on this fabric are really unique. 

They look great on you! Im glad you got the X023s because we just ran out of that fabric, i dont think we will be getting it back for a while, so you scored! Keep us posted the fades on this fabric are really unique.

Thanks! I'm so glad there was enough left to make mine. I love them ðŸ˜

I am going to try to wear them daily through fall and winter and spring ...fade pics later

I already want the black/black ones too but I have to pace myself so I can fade these first 😄

Seeking opinions after 5 wears of the Railcar Vixens.  because now that they are broken in, I see there's a space that I can't fill, right below the waistband in the back.  The jeans are curved outward in that tailbone area, but my body is totally flat there.  The back rise is also cut pretty high but my body shape is resisting that; my body shape seems to push the waistband down in the back until it's level with the front, creating that fold.

Be honest; does it look bad enough that I should take action on it (either alterations, or ebay + looking for a different pair)?  Or should I just roll with it and appreciate the minor quirks like I did with my Baldwin Tens (which I still have and still love)

I'm not bootylicious enough for the Vixens   B)   Lol!  

I do have a very wide pelvis though, so no trouble filling the space farther down, and I can definitely appreciate the waist/hip ratio of these jeans because I have trouble finding jeans that have a small enough waist in the size that fits my wide pelvis. 

Seeking opinions after 5 wears of the Railcar Vixens.  because now that they are broken in, I see there's a space that I can't fill, right below the waistband in the back.  The jeans are curved outward in that tailbone area, but my body is totally flat there.  The back rise is also cut pretty high but my body shape is resisting that; my body shape seems to push the waistband down in the back until it's level with the front, creating that fold.

Be honest; does it look bad enough that I should take action on it (either alterations, or ebay + looking for a different pair)?  Or should I just roll with it and appreciate the minor quirks like I did with my Baldwin Tens (which I still have and still love)

I'm not bootylicious enough for the Vixens   B)   Lol!  

I do have a very wide pelvis though, so no trouble filling the space farther down, and I can definitely appreciate the waist/hip ratio of these jeans because I have trouble finding jeans that have a small enough waist in the size that fits my wide pelvis. 

Hi! I think you need a jean with a lower rear rise. But we can do for you. Do one of our Downsize services. I can downsize the waist just a little bit and lower the rear rise .75 inch to take up that slack. Use code rfgservice25 when you check out. We give 25% discount on all of our service for Railcar jeans regardless of where you bought them. Also if you need to get them hemmed to your length I can do that for free for you too while its over here.

Email me so I can set it up. [email protected]

Hi! I think you need a jean with a lower rear rise. But we can do for you. Do one of our Downsize services. I can downsize the waist just a little bit and lower the rear rise .75 inch to take up that slack. Use code rfgservice25 when you check out. We give 25% discount on all of our service for Railcar jeans regardless of where you bought them. Also if you need to get them hemmed to your length I can do that for free for you too while its over here.

Email me so I can set it up. [email protected]

that sounds fantastic  :D  I emailed you!