Raw for Women

Becks23

Hell, I'd go as far to say that a pair of nice denim would be better than a pair of jeans with a bunch of holes in them from some mall brand.

I'm still trying to get my girlfriend into a pair of nice jeans, but she doesn't seem to be having it. She thinks that most of the brands / model shots I've shown her look weird for one reason or another. She seemed to like the 77BSP, so that's a possibility.

I'd like to see what the Roy women's jean turns out to be.

I never realized how serious Imogene and willie were with their cuts. Ever check that?

I never realized how serious Imogene and willie were with their cuts. Ever check that?

Haven't really thought about them, mainly because I'm not a fan of their mens stuff.

But their womens stuff looks like it could be more her speed, good tip!

I'm a big fan of the new James Rigid fit.  Have two pair and are breaking both in.  

Lawless do womens jeans not sure about Gustin but iv had thought that a company that boasts that them make fit to measure jeans it wouldn't matter , you're not going to want to get anything that is tight as they won't fit in a years time if she intends to do the full two years so my thought would be to get a more boyish cut anyway that she can grow into , she will be what 15 towards the end of the comp ,by then they will be darn tight fitting and that's about when young girls like tight fitting jeans .

Good luck , it won't be an easy decision whatever you end up buying .

@cmboland - I'd also say check out Imogene + Willie, Raleigh Denim, and Rail Car Fine Goods. And obviously 3sixteen (if you haven't already). 

I'd second the N&F recommendation. Price-wise, they're fairly competitive (if she's 13, she's gonna grow out of 'em, maybe in as little as a year or so) and fit-wise, they're bloody tiny, so that shouldn't be an issue - 24s should work, if you aren't able to get 23s.

http://nakedandfamousdenim.com/2013/06/21/the-straight-stretch-selvedge/?cat=182

Those, which I think are what we're both talking about, are a straight fit, so puritans don't have to worry about them being too figure-hugging, and also the little stretch means that when she's off doing kid stuff like running around and climbing trees and whatnot, they're going to be comfy. Sure, they're maybe not as 'pure' a raw denim as some of the other choices, but I think they're pretty practical without making too many compromises.

Edited by Strange Standards

Pretty damn frustrating when I'm posting on a Thread for Raws for women and I'm being told I need to dress my kid in a full length denim dress instead.

This is just me, but I recommend getting her jeans when she actually stops growing or closer to when her growth plateaus. When I was younger, I gave a pair of size 0 PBJs to my little sister because I out grew them.

She was around 13 when I gave them to her...she also quickly outgrew them...

Was such a waste

Edited by neptunecitylocal

I'm thinking that as well.  I think she's fairly close so its probably going to be a size larger than recommended situation

This is just me, but I recommend getting her jeans when she actually stops growing or closer to when her growth plateaus. When I was younger, I gave a pair of size 0 PBJs to my little sister because I out grew them.

She was around 13 when I gave them to her...she also quickly outgrew them...

Was such a waste

I just ordered a pair of skinny fit jeans in 12 oz. Cone Mills natural denim from Lawless. I'm really excited to have finally found white selvedge skinnies. :D:blush: I hope they are delivered in time for winter here in Australia.

I was considering buying these from 3sixteen+ but I thought the lighter 9.5 oz. denim in white might not be so flattering on me.

After heavy repairs in the crotch area here's an update on some Baldwin "Ten".

It's pretty hard to repair fabric that stretches...

Type: Ten - Skinny

Worn for: 1 year, probably 5-6 months of effective wear

Washes: 5-6, first one around 3 months.

16734411590_84d5b233fb_z.jpg

16735657759_ac8aa202db_z.jpg

16714516607_43a5a3a074_z.jpg

16920850901_d859f0041c_z.jpg

Just worn for a few days, here's a pair of Viper-X021 bought in SF a couple days ago for my gf. The construction is amazing for a women's pair: back pockets rivets, back pockets reinforcements fabric, heavy weight Kuroki 14.25Oz selvedge denim, triple stitching...

Can't wait to see how these will fade.

Type: RFG Viper X021

Worn for: 3-4 days

Washes: none.

16734407460_a886f09627_z.jpg

16735654759_9714bc31d6_z.jpg

16920568542_7cf559f1e9_z.jpg

Edited by vgadjo

First, do you have kids? If so do you have a daughter who's almost in high school? That would be extremely strange if I purchased clothes for her to "show off curves" but what's the difference between her buying clothes at forever 21, American eagle or HM and me buying her a pair of jeans with the exact same fit? I'm still buying her clothes either way. It's no different than if I choose to buy cheaper Levi's or a pair of 3sixteens for myself. Not that it hugs my curves but the fact that I want that specific piece of clothing.

There's absolutely no need to sexualize this and say it's any bit inappropriate. Did you buy your girlfriend those jeans because you wanted her to enjoy high quality denim like you or because you wanted to see how good she looked in them? I'm gonna go with the former.

Got me thinking about getting a pair of real jeans for my 12 year old daughter. I'd love for her to gain an appreciation for real denim. She wears 'jeans' plenty, but always super stretchy pseudo denim blends. At 12 she's been into fashion (or clothes at least) for a couple of years or so now, and as you point out, these may well be some of the most formative years in terms of gaining some consumer consciousness, and maybe the time is right to introduce the idea of clothes that are a little more considered and require a little input from her. She's noticed the differences between her jeans and mine and is interested in the story of raw denim, so I think what you're doing is pretty cool.

As a father I also like the idea of jeans for my kids as being clothes which are cool, but NOT particularly or overtly sexualised....

I ended up getting her naked and famous jeans with the exact measurements of her favorite pair and she loves them.  What i also realized is it's teaching her to be more aware of quality and respect for her things. It's something she was really excited about something "unique" and to her its special.

Got me thinking about getting a pair of real jeans for my 12 year old daughter. I'd love for her to gain an appreciation for real denim. She wears 'jeans' plenty, but always super stretchy pseudo denim blends. At 12 she's been into fashion (or clothes at least) for a couple of years or so now, and as you point out, these may well be some of the most formative years in terms of gaining some consumer consciousness, and maybe the time is right to introduce the idea of clothes that are a little more considered and require a little input from her. She's noticed the differences between her jeans and mine and is interested in the story of raw denim, so I think what you're doing is pretty cool.
As a father I also like the idea of jeans for my kids as being clothes which are cool, but NOT particularly or overtly sexualised....

Could be hard to find a decent pair that fulfills that criteria, no? The small Geisha or Balder models could fit, but would be too expensive for a 12 year old. And the cheaper brands mostly focus on tight cuts. (Besides, the N&F patch alone would not match the last criteria).

Edited by Max Power

Could be hard to find a decent pair that fulfills that criteria, no? The small Geisha or Balder models could fit, but would be too expensive for a 12 year old. And the cheaper brands mostly focus on tight cuts. (Besides, the N&F patch alone would not match the last criteria).

i got her these http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/naked-and-famous-womens/products/naked-famous-denim-the-skinny-raw-stretch-selvedge

Cool stuff. Good outcome.

I ended up getting her naked and famous jeans with the exact measurements of her favorite pair and she loves them.  What i also realized is it's teaching her to be more aware of quality and respect for her things. It's something she was really excited about something "unique" and to her its special.

This is a bummer but im selling womens 2% stretchy skinny NF raw indigo jeans in 24.

Here's the link to the TY site: http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/naked-and-famous-womens/products/naked-famous-the-skinny-stretch-selvedge

long story but they havent been tried on or even unfolded. Wanted to give sufu the discount before I return them for store credit.

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of quick shots of my wife getting ready for a Saturday night on the razz in Liverpool (a night on the lash with the mad scousers is a must do at least once if you ever make it to this neck of the woods). She also wore these jeans with a pair of duck boots and a big woolly jumper for a hangover clearing walk to the pub for sunday lunch through the wirral marshes. Next week she will be wearing them to visit a tattoo parlour in the east end of london and for cocktails in the sky at a london hotel. Ideal for all occasions! Not entirely sure on the makeup of these (nod to IHF123) other than it's a 14oz selvedge indigo denim called s-gene. the 'stretch' in these comes from a four way weave and works wonders.

3sixteen 77bsp womens selvedge skinny, size 27. Picked up at Rivet & HIde a couple of months ago.

ORqfRmt.png

bTmiO5G.png

P8gulWR.png

The fit on these just improves with every wear, it's quite something.... Oh, and apparently they are VERY comfortable.

edited for factual accuracy...

Edited by Artisandenim

• 2 weeks later...