Raw for Women

Becks23

i was wondering if i could get some opinions from the ladies. i've been wanting to buy my wife a pair of (something) for a couple years now, and i'm tired of putting it off (read: seeing her wear jeans from the mall). i took some measurements from her current favorite pair in hopes of finding something similar in cut. she tends to like jeans with a high-ish rise and small hem. however, she's a small girl so a medium-rise on most jeans is high on her. anyway, here are some measurements taken from her jeans (express brand, 95% cotton, 5% stretch).

waist: 14.25"

inseam: 27"

front rise: 8.5"

back rise: 12"

hem: 4.5"

as i said, she's small 4'11" tall and 103 lbs. i'm currently looking at PBJ 1069-2's, APC petit standards, and Ande Whall Cobras. if anyone has any suggestions, i'd love to hear them. i personally like FH balders, but she's not a fan of the cut :(

i can post up a fit pic if it would help.

fh balders probably wouldn't be a good pick for her because of her height :( 

personally i think the PBJs are perfect for a more petite person. also maybe take a look at the Sling & Stone Naomi cut, they're my favorite because of the medium-ish rise. :) best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

she's gonna need to get her jeans hemmed if she doesnt like stacks. apcs stretch way too much so I'd advise against ps's if shes not a fan of a loose fit. pbjs are more slim. i had a small friend who got naked and famous jeans and they looked awesome on her

I think I may have mentioned it but the 005 and the Skull Linda are direct templates for each other, except the 005 has more rise.  This is true for my girl's pairs anyway.  Her 005 are an old tabbed pair, which in my own experience with older 005 may differ slightly from new runs.

cliffs, you rare birds starving for a Linda should try a tight 005.

n&f the skinny lightweight super stretch. worn for around a year and a half, more heavily in first 6 months, washed 2-3 times?

ZJM8vWa.jpg?1

I'll patch that rip so good if you're looking to repair.

Edited by jyoni

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a pair of N&F "the skinny" stretch selvedge jeans in size 25 from Tate and Yoko and they are too big for me. Would anybody like to buy/swap them? I don't think I can get them to shrink. I soaked them for 4 hours and there was no noticeable difference.

@nabila how big is big? I'm not very sure how the shrinkage goes for nf but you should try doing a hot soak with agitation, if that's a no go try a hot wash in the washing machine, if worse comes to worse try a hot wash with a tumble try, all this should be done inside out.

Thank you for your advice. :)

I would say it's about one size too big, but I'm worried that it'll stretch even more with wear. The first soak I did was 75 degrees celcius without agitation, so I will try doing another with agitation. I didn't realise that made a difference. I don't have a tumble dryer but I could try the washing machine next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a pair of raws from my gf. These start looking broken in.

But it's so hard to keep repairing them. Being used to Japanese denim pairs that hardly need a repair before reaching 10-12 months, this is a bit disappointing.

The cut is very nice though.

Type: Ten - Skinny

Worn for: 1 year, probably 4-5 months of effective wear

Washes: 3-4, first one around 3 months.

15330011079_e95faa46d7_z.jpg

15330325027_2d43014962_n.jpg15330176840_c7ea2ea2e3_n.jpg

15330008849_c5339d6b80.jpg15330167730_940b7f335e.jpg

15330320187_d29ee820bf_n.jpg

Cheers

Hey everybody,

we need your help and advice!

We are working on a retail store concept and we want to know your opinion on women's denim.

Which brand(s) do you think are the best out there? What could be better (fit, material, etc)? What is currently missing in this market?

Please give your thoughts, either here or via our email: info@unionofartisans 

Thanks and keep it raw kids

old hellz bellz demin i found. pretty sure they dont even make these anymore. i bought this pair freshman year in high school? back when i didn't have enough $$$ to blow on selvedge. only wore it a handful of times back then and i started wearing them again this week. never washed. texture like levis.

baby fades coming through. i really like the back pockets and they fit around the hips and ass pretty well. other jeans usually cause pancake butt, but theres a lot of real estate in the back of this pair. gonna see where this goes over the next month or so.

cnnBoh1.jpg

HBDhUA0.jpg

zPcmwC2.jpg

qHBxmEL.jpg

kaKR12d.jpg

Here's a pair of raws from my gf. These start looking broken in.

But it's so hard to keep repairing them. Being used to Japanese denim pairs that hardly need a repair before reaching 10-12 months, this is a bit disappointing.

The cut is very nice though.

Type: Ten - Skinny

Worn for: 1 year, probably 4-5 months of effective wear

Washes: 3-4, first one around 3 months.

15330011079_e95faa46d7_z.jpg

15330325027_2d43014962_n.jpg15330176840_c7ea2ea2e3_n.jpg

15330008849_c5339d6b80.jpg15330167730_940b7f335e.jpg

15330320187_d29ee820bf_n.jpg

Cheers

Nice work!

I like em too.  The EJ is also nice -- very reminiscent of the straight cut from Evisu's Heritage for Women, the 06ish ones designed to reflect the Macau made No.1 Specials.

Pretty cool. Have you ever put stuff in that giant waist zipper pocket? You could probably hide like rope along there lol

the zipper is solely decorative and serves no practical use lol

i honestly wish it wasnt there to begin with

My initial hunch on the Flat Head 3012 has proven correct and the last 3 pairs we've sold at SEPDX have gone to women who came in looking for "women's jeans'.  What I'm getting at with this is that the jean isn't being purchased as a statement piece, or to be worn differently than the women in question were wearing their previous jeans which were ostensibly designed for and marketed towards women.  The only leap of faith involved has revolved around sizing/shrinkage, but thankfully I'm pretty well versed in the shrink/stretch capacities of the 3xxx denim, and I've been lucky enough to have customers who trusted me on it.  So far the feeback on fit after achieving full shrink has been universally positive.  I will say that because of the super long pre-shrink inseam, this jean looks better during try-on for taller women, but I'm convinced it'd be very good for shorter women once it was shrunk and given a proper hem. 

Can't wait to start seeing worn examples!

Quick pics of my beloved Flat Head denim, a little more than a year of wear and a good number of washes ^_^

c51af3b0-89a6-4212-95b4-5189f7a8c096_zps

Decided to throw on a belt...

791f64c6-5f86-40f7-b8e5-db2f1e272214_zps1c25c4c9-e2d2-43ad-91c8-3bafc66d2f96_zps

Deciding on what to get for my next pair... something with a little more wiggle room (not 100% cotton) Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a horribly brazen plug on behalf of my wife, who is reluctantly selling a new (soaked, but unworn) pair of Flat Head Balder.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flat-Head-Balder-Womens-Japanese-Selvedge-Jeans-Slim-Size-31-/191431688083?pt=UK_Women_s_Jeans&hash=item2c9237bf93

$_1.JPG

Size 31, soaked twice in lukewarm water for an hour or so, so you might get a little more shrink out of them. Purchased from Self Edge.

Unfortunately she is the wrong size for them, and after some deep consideration we've agreed that it probably has to be the Flat Heads that leave.  So grab yourselves a bargain, as they say.

Denim is of course lovely, and they'll fade beautifully, so much so that I've tried my best to squeeze into them, but my ass simply ain't that dainty any more.

Really hope someone picks these up, as [a] they deserve a good home and some good fades and  the in-laws won't be impressed if I have to keep the jeans and sell the wife.

Edited by el padre

Hey Kiya + SE Crew - what's the difference between the 3Sixteen+ 77BSP and the 99BSP? My girl's BD is coming, and I'm looking for a selvedge gift... Thanks! mpp

Hey Kiya + SE Crew - what's the difference between the 3Sixteen+ 77BSP and the 99BSP? My girl's BD is coming, and I'm looking for a selvedge gift... Thanks! mpp

The 77BSP is a skinny fit and the 99BSP is a slim straight fit.

Hey everyone,

I have a pair of 3sixteen+ 77BSP in size 30 that I need to get rid of because they ended up being too tight for my girlfriend :(

WacA5OEl.jpg

GtIUHUkl.jpg

NhNx30Hl.jpg

HWT6ClTl.jpg

Gz4sepkl.jpg

G8BGVrRl.jpg

sGBtKdcl.jpg

wzNiaEDl.jpg

Size 30
Measurements:  

Waist 33"  
Front rise: 8.75"