Raw for Women

Becks23

I realize this is a denim thread, but I'm not aware of a women's footwear thread, so I thought I'd inquire here... Does anyone know of any well-built leather boots for women that are good for hiking?  If I get her something with a leather sole or anything else non-specific to hiking, that's fine... we can always just get them resoled.  The general shape/height that would be ideal would be something like this, only, you know, actually well constructed (ie, not Steve Madden), with leather somewhere along the lines of chromexcel (ie, not pigskin like these boots), and with a good sole:

2233699-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Any ideas?  All of the brands I buy for myself (except Quoddy, which she likes, other than the toe) only make men's boots, so I'm not super familiar with what's out there for women.

@cander49 Not sure if it's what you are looking for but Danner makes good hiking boots for women. Not really that kind of style ^^ but we live in the pacific NW and camp/hike a lot and danner seems to be the best we have found for our use.

Additionally, White's and Wesco make women's boots and you can get pretty close to that style from both of them.  If you're not wearing White's or Wesco yourself yet, you might just get hooked.

Hi, 

I'm looking to buy a pair of raw/selvedge womens jeans (tight fitting, skinny or bootcut and regular or low waist). I'm looking at Pure Blue Japan or Naked and Famous. I noticed they are 95% cotton and 5% stretch so does that mean they won't last as long as 100% raw jeans. Are there any brands that are 100% cotton or raw jeans? b/c if I'm going to spend around $200 for the jeans I expect them not to rip so fast. I was looking at APC but read on here how some women didn't like the fit, it wasn't flattering. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? I would really appreciate it :)

Also are there any stores you'd recommend to buy from? I'm in the SF bay area.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say the mixed cotton/ spandex wouldn't last as long. My girlfriend has had a pair of stretch selvedge with about a year of wear, and they look great. They will probably need some minor repairs in a few months but that's expected with most jeans at around the 13-14 month mark. It just depends how hard you wear them. If you really want to try some 100% cotton selvedge for women, and you are limiting to around $200, try railcar fine goods. Great stuff.

Thanks for the quick response Superjackle. I'm looking into Railcar. 

I was browsing online and also found Deep Pocket Jean Co., they have a Norma jean which I like the look of: http://deeppocketjeancompany.com/collections/denim/products/norma-jean-raw-selvage

Just wondering if anyone has heard of them or can comment on the quality?

Tx again,

Regarding the 100% Cotton vs. stretch material: I can't comment on the durability of Stretch denim, but the fit on women is (IMO) way nicer. They don't tend to stretch out as fast as 100% Cotton Jeans and thus mold nice to the body. And as most girl's cuts are skinny, they are more comfortable to wear.

Edited by Max Power

Bought my Fiancé a pair of the Railcar high waisted Donna jeans with the little bit of stretch and they are amazing. She loves the fit and how the small amount of stretch helps them mold to her body.

I have a pair of Donna's in size 27, unworn with tags that I'd let go for a good price.  Ladyfriend never wore them and they don't fit her any longer...  I keep meaning to post them...let me know if you want measures.

I have a pair of Donna's in size 27, unworn with tags that I'd let go for a good price.  Ladyfriend never wore them and they don't fit her any longer...  I keep meaning to post them...let me know if you want measures.

I'm interested in measurements. Can't cop immediately, but maybe she'll treat her self to these.

They must be the X008 as it says they have 2% stretch, measure as follows (size 27):

Waist: 13.75"

Front Rise: 11"

Thight: 9"

Knee:6.5

Hem 5.75"

Inseam: 32.25"

This was done with the SE method.

Let me know if there is interest...I'm moving soon so I'll put these up with some other stuff soon/officially...

Edited by erase

This thread needs more pics  :D

Here are some!

Railcar Viper X001 100% cotton

viperx001-001.jpg

viperx001-002.jpg

Railcar Donna X008 high waist 2% stretch

donnax008-001.jpg

donnax008-002.jpg

Edited by Steven RFG

/\ and with boots too!

LIKE.

edit: also, beautiful hands. Yes, I am weird.

+ 1 ... I also noticed the hands

omg dem hands~!!

I'd guess it's comments exactly like these that might contribute to why there aren't "more photos" in a thread like this. 

Managed to convince the Mrs to try on my denim seeing as we are roughly the same size (she is much more 'petite' than me but being a lady has more (although just the right amount I hasten to add :huh: ) *ahem * hip and booty as it were). Thanks again to Rivet & Hide for helping me with this after her most enjoyable visit to their store! Might hopefully give some pointers for any Women looking to get a mans jean. All of these are tag size 29. Pure blue Japan xx-012 (low) mid rise (very) slim tapered, Samurai s710 (high) mid rise (gently) slim tapered, Samurai S5000 vx (mid) mid rise straight, so a nice variation in cuts I thought!

I don't know what's going to be the best way to post, so i'll do them separately...

Edited by Artisandenim

So much so in fact that I ended up with these pictures sent to my phone the day after:

jSA2UQV.png

DXILaID.png

Yes folks, she kidnapped my PBJ's, took a bath in them and claimed them as her own. Apparently, as I have the competition pair on the way, I don't need them anymore!

Edit: these pics are them drying straight out of the bath, hence the look of the material.

Edited by Artisandenim

Hi, 

I'm looking to buy a pair of raw/selvedge womens jeans (tight fitting, skinny or bootcut and regular or low waist). I'm looking at Pure Blue Japan or Naked and Famous. I noticed they are 95% cotton and 5% stretch so does that mean they won't last as long as 100% raw jeans. Are there any brands that are 100% cotton or raw jeans? b/c if I'm going to spend around $200 for the jeans I expect them not to rip so fast. I was looking at APC but read on here how some women didn't like the fit, it wasn't flattering. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? I would really appreciate it :)

Also are there any stores you'd recommend to buy from? I'm in the SF bay area.

Thanks!

Check out Tellason "Bird", made for women. Various stores around SF sell em. They're made in SF also.