Raw for Women

Becks23

collecting feed back from all those female legs out there...trying to find out if there's demand for a slim jeans in a 14oz weight category with 2% stretch...just shoot me a pm - I've always felt like doing a female cut but still need to be convinced that we have enough legs out there...

So I got her the VIper x003. The first pair didn't fit and it took a while to get the larger size made, but she loves them.

That fit is on point! May i ask what her actual waist measurement is? My girlfriend has the naked & famous stretch selvedge for a little under a year and barely any fading going on so i would like to get her another pair for xmas.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought my girl a pair of 1069-2. Was at first debating between the viper 001 and these and decided to go with the 1069 because the denim was darker and the measurements looked like something she would like.

Well they came in today and she tried them on and had trouble with the rise at first since her last pair of jeans (Joe's) wear a lower rise. Still I quite like them on her and she said she would give them a try.

Th4Etdcl.jpgS7NlzXPl.jpg

Edited by Rightyow77

Thanks cadence. She has since started breaking them in and they look even better now that the denim is starting to settle. Despite the fact that these have elastane and are one-wash, the denim is still on the stiff side when compared to anything off your local mall rack. Will try to post recent pictures when she lets me  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So we got some more of the fabric I use as our X008 fabric. Some stretch white line Cone Mills. We use this fabric for the ladies in the Viper fit and also the Donna high waist fit. So we will be making this at this time. 

Here are a few fit pictures of the Donna X008 high waist jean. Fits pretty good. Traditional 70's style rear pockets that are slightly higher. Relocated "watch" pocket up on the waistband. Triple seat seam constructed. Has only just a little bit of stretch in it so its easy fitting. Size them true to size.

Sizes available are  24 25 26 27 28 29 @ $198 free 48 US shipping, $25 International 

http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RWJDONNAX008

DonnaX008003-800_zps7bee1de5.jpg

DonnaX008002-800_zps5f4325df.jpg

DonnaX008001-800_zps94901930.jpg

So I got her the VIper x003. The first pair didn't fit and it took a while to get the larger size made, but she loves them.

RK33sox.jpg

k2zMvgN.jpg

BncLs8O.jpg

mo96f1a.jpg

3Ctr5zX.jpg

bv184g6.jpg

Nice! Looking forward to seeing evo pics. Enjoy!

I bought some Flat Head Balders when they first came out and they were not flattering and never quite fit right. I'm usually a 26 and my hips are a 36. Squeezing my butt and thighs into it just didn't work very well and as they stretched it just made the waist huge and weird puckering in the front. I still try to wear them from time to time, but I don't recommend them. 

I suppose if you don't have a big waist to hip ratio they may work out better.

Do any of the women out there have any experience with Flat Head balders, 3002's, or other cuts?

Edited by Gasolinehabit

Do any of the women out there have any experience with Flat Head balders, 3002's, or other cuts?

The new 3012 fit works well for women, we've sold quite a few of them to women so far, it seems to be the best FH jean for women.

Interesting Kiya, I never would've guessed that this would suit women because of the longer rise, but that's good to hear.

I know a lady who wears 3002s, they fit her perfectly.  I think this would be a good fit for women who want a really slim fit but with a longer rise than the Balders.

Edited by Cold Summer

Interesting Kiya, I never would've guessed that this would suit women because of the longer rise, but that's good to hear.

I know a lady who wears 3002s, they fit her perfectly.  I think this would be a good fit for women who want a really slim fit but with a longer rise than the Balders.

The taper from the hips to the waist that come along with the higher rise of the 3012 is what makes them such a great cut for women.  The top block is pretty similar to a 47 cut, which is very flattering for curves, but then the legs taper far more drastically, which a lot of women prefer to the wider straight leg of the 47.

That fit is on point! May i ask what her actual waist measurement is? My girlfriend has the naked & famous stretch selvedge for a little under a year and barely any fading going on so i would like to get her another pair for xmas.

27 waist 39 hips/butt when I measured for the order. She's lost some weight since then and could probably have gone down a size. They are a bit more broken in and they look even better now. I am trying to get her to wear them more because I am excited to see how they fade.

Sorry for the slow reply!

EDIT: Also, awesome username

Edited by TigerBomb

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on my GFs Railcar Viper X001 at 14 months. 0 soaks, 0 washes. Still holding up. No crotch blowout but a few in side knee comb rips.

tawny_viperx001_001.jpg

tawny_viperx001_002.jpg

tawny_viperx001_004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
wayoutwest

Those look great on your gf.  By chance, what size is she wearing?  Is it the size she normally wears?  I hear they run very true to size.  

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my first pair of Flat Head Balders!  I am a big denim lover and am lucky to be able to fit into men's as well as women's, eventhough I am female, but am sick of all my jeans being dude jeans.  Soooooo.....I got the Balders from Self Edge yesterday.  I have been really apprehensive soaking these, so I took the night to sleep on it.  Kiya at SE said they fit well (i sent him pics) and now I just started soaking them in super hot water, with a little vinegar in it to preserve the color.  It's 1:30pm now, I am thinking I will take them out at 2:30, line dry them and then wear them around tonight and tomorrow and the next day.  What do all of you think so far?  The pics are before soak and during soak.  

uh, oh.  how do i add pics on here?

Just got my first pair of Flat Head Balders!  I am a big denim lover and am lucky to be able to fit into men's as well as women's, eventhough I am female, but am sick of all my jeans being dude jeans.  Soooooo.....I got the Balders from Self Edge yesterday.  I have been really apprehensive soaking these, so I took the night to sleep on it.  Kiya at SE said they fit well (i sent him pics) and now I just started soaking them in super hot water, with a little vinegar in it to preserve the color.  It's 1:30pm now, I am thinking I will take them out at 2:30, line dry them and then wear them around tonight and tomorrow and the next day.  What do all of you think so far?  The pics are before soak and during soak.  

uh, oh.  how do i add pics on here?

sounds good! to add pics you have to (how I do it) post them on another site like flickr or photobucket and then copy the url into the image button in the reply menu.

Edited by Vulcan

Now, I have put them on while they were still a little wet, to form them to my body.  And, then, I put them back on the line to dry.  

• 1 month later...

^^^ That could be true actually, I've had to have the crotch repaired/reinforced after around a year on every pair of jeans that I've worn extensively (2 pairs of Sling & Stones and 2 pairs of 3sixteen+), whereas it's never been an issue for my bf.

Girlfriend ripped through a crotch in a pair of Raleigh Denim in under 12 months. Sort of upset because they were $255 and not selvedge but cone denim.

but maybe this is common in girls jeans.

Girls legs are spaced further I think + they tend to wear their jeans tighter

Also depends on how fat your thighs are. Rail thin legs tend to be better off.

If its a problem could look into an elastic denim for the next pair.

Edited by givemefive