Raw for Women

Becks23

Yeah, I'm getting my gf a pair of the Linda's too. Shinichi is a great help over at Fabfour - I swear the e-mail he sent her was like 3 pages long describing the process to measure for Lindas! Looking at the pic of the jeans in the used gallery, the leg looks kinda baggy... would like more of a fit like the girl in the photo from savage's link. Will need to get her measured with the chart above as well... Thanks guys!

I bought a pair of the APC New Standards size 28 and thought they were too boxy and too loose. It was also a bit too high rise for my taste, so I exchanged it for a pair of Hipsters size 29. I still found them too baggy through the leg. Are they suppose to be straight leg? When I sit down there's too much room around the waistband but I don't think I could fit in a smaller size. I think having a big bum doesn't help. Now I've got a pair of APCs just sitting around that I'll never wear.

I'm in HK now so I'm gonna drop by APC and try on the New Cures and see how they fit. Personally I just think it's hard to find a pair of skinny/tight jeans that'll fit well on my hips and look good with my big booty.

pics please?

Nudie Super Slim Kim sz 25/34. Just got these from Self Edge.

Wow, you girls wear a size 25 in the Super Slim Kims?! I tried on a size 28 or 29 and it barely fit. Dammit I hate having a big ass! :(

I'm thinking of getting the Geishas, Lindas or Iron Heart Tomboy. I'm usually a size 28 or 29 so for the Geisha's I'm probably at least a 31, maybe even 32 or 33. I think most places are out of those sizes. For the Lindas I was thinking of getting a size 3 but after what keri said I'm kinda doubtful. One thing's for sure, with a 28cm back rise I know I won't be able to sit down without showing my butt crack. :o

^ I wear a 28 in SFAM and TR, get a 3 if you want a skin tight fit and dont mind a little pain, get a 4 if you'd like a slim fit or are adverse to the idea of pain for jeans. They uwill retain most of their shape in the wash, so dont worry too much about that, as long as you dont pop em in a hot dryer they wont shrink back to hipless dimensions.

My back rise did get higher when i stretched out the butt/ hip area, try sitting with your heels touching on the floorand knees as far down as you can get them and lay flat so that your breasts are on top of your ankles. then you can prop your head uop on your hands and watch a movie in that position, by the end of the movie, they will be all relaxed, i promise! if you get them super tight tho, you will have some awesome bruises in the pattern of your future whiskers and where the rivets dug into your hip bones......i guess i do like it raw :D. these suckers are well made enough to take this kind of abuse, i love those damn jeans.

I bought a pair of the APC New Standards size 28 and thought they were too boxy and too loose. It was also a bit too high rise for my taste, so I exchanged it for a pair of Hipsters size 29. I still found them too baggy through the leg. Are they suppose to be straight leg? When I sit down there's too much room around the waistband but I don't think I could fit in a smaller size. I think having a big bum doesn't help. Now I've got a pair of APCs just sitting around that I'll never wear.

I'm in HK now so I'm gonna drop by APC and try on the New Cures and see how they fit. Personally I just think it's hard to find a pair of skinny/tight jeans that'll fit well on my hips and look good with my big booty.

similarly: i cant seem to make myself make the transition from bootcut to skinny jeans without over ghettobooty-ing it. APC doesnt accomodate to women that well, but im happy with the hipster in terms of looser jeans.

Well, APCs depend on what's your true size, so you should have size down on them about two sizes down so it'll be thigh-butt hugging tight intially, which eventually would expand and fit naturally to thighs/butt/calves/kness or wherever. So when you do get the New cures and although they are skinnier cut of NS, try to size 1-2 down.

lay flat so that your breasts are on top of your ankles.

My jaw dropped for a second because I thought you meant my breasts had to touch my ankles. :P I have pretty high pain tolerance so a pair of super tight jeans should be no problem. No pain no gain. :)

Do you have the Lindas with the leather patch and button fly? I noticed they have an older style with zipper fly and another with horse hair patch instead of the leather patch. The horse hair patch looks nice but they are sold out.

Well, APCs depend on what's your true size, so you should have size down on them about two sizes down so it'll be thigh-butt hugging tight intially, which eventually would expand and fit naturally to thighs/butt/calves/kness or wherever. So when you do get the New cures and although they are skinnier cut of NS, try to size 1-2 down.

I have a pair of Hipsters size 29 and they fit so tight around my butt I can barely button them. I don't think I could have sized down. I also tried on the New Cures size 29 and they didn't even fit. I agree with rale_injeans about the fits of APCs. They aren't that great for women with some curves.

My jaw dropped for a second because I thought you meant my breasts had to touch my ankles. :P I have pretty high pain tolerance so a pair of super tight jeans should be no problem. No pain no gain. :)

Do you have the Lindas with the leather patch and button fly? I noticed they have an older style with zipper fly and another with horse hair patch instead of the leather patch. The horse hair patch looks nice but they are sold out.

I can get my boobs to sit on my ankles ;) , but you dont have too! that posisition just puts some pressure on the upper thigh/ butt area that will make them a lot more accomodating.

I have the ones that are rigid with the red leather patch and button fly.

• 2 weeks later...

Any women, or guys with girlfriends with denimbirds experience? My gf wanted to jump on the raw bandwagon and got some dry tight stretch denimbirds in her usual waist size. When she got them, they actually measured out 2" smaller...so I suggested she wear them around for a while to stretc them to a comfortable size (i'm used to doing this, thought it should be the same for her).

However, it's been close to two weeks of wearing them around the house and they're still way tight (zipper won't stay up) and i'm thinking the 2% or whatever strech in the denim is keeping them from stretching any more.

I've suggested squats and such, and possibly soaking the waist and wearing until dry, but I was just wondering if anyone else has any dry strech experiences...otherwise these might be up for sale soon...

Any women, or guys with girlfriends with denimbirds experience? My gf wanted to jump on the raw bandwagon and got some dry tight stretch denimbirds in her usual waist size. When she got them, they actually measured out 2" smaller...so I suggested she wear them around for a while to stretc them to a comfortable size (i'm used to doing this, thought it should be the same for her).

However, it's been close to two weeks of wearing them around the house and they're still way tight (zipper won't stay up) and i'm thinking the 2% or whatever strech in the denim is keeping them from stretching any more.

I've suggested squats and such, and possibly soaking the waist and wearing until dry, but I was just wondering if anyone else has any dry strech experiences...otherwise these might be up for sale soon...

I bought by g/f a pair of Denimbird's a year ago and she just recently started wearing them. They were too tight for her in the beginning, but now she is able to wear them just fine. Still a little tight, but they did stretch...although very little. Also, the wear on them is quite weird and the denim is really too soft to get any great whiskering or honeycombs. I'm looking to grab her a pair of Sling and Stone's, so that's what I would recommend.

Wow, you girls wear a size 25 in the Super Slim Kims?! I tried on a size 28 or 29 and it barely fit. Dammit I hate having a big ass! :(

I'm thinking of getting the Geishas, Lindas or Iron Heart Tomboy. I'm usually a size 28 or 29 so for the Geisha's I'm probably at least a 31, maybe even 32 or 33. I think most places are out of those sizes. For the Lindas I was thinking of getting a size 3 but after what keri said I'm kinda doubtful. One thing's for sure, with a 28cm back rise I know I won't be able to sit down without showing my butt crack. :o

Honestly the geishas look good on tall women, they have a very high rise for a long torso and are a true japanese fit...i put them on and uhmm no, didn't look good on me and im 5'4". I would suggest sling and stone, the raw sara (slight bootcut) fits true to size. (no butt crack action) :) They are really amazing. I also have the tomboys and those are just on another level..they amazing but a true commitment...21 ounces, you have to spend time wearing them, they run about one size small, but do stretch out a size also if you continuoulsy wear them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to get my girl to buy a pair of raw denim and see how she likes it.

She's a high-heel, chanel bag type girl though, no tomboying around for her.

Can't really decide which cut to get her though, guess I'll have to do some research / have her try a few pairs on.

Nudie SSK look good with heels and also if you're just looking for straight raw denim and nothing in particular, True Religion and some of those brands have released a raw denim line for women. Sling & Stones Rachels and Skull Lindas could be purchaced at Self Edge also but I don't think you could get the size 0 cuz Anny just pitched a tent outside for them.

^Most of the premium lines have a one rinse as opposed to a raw line for women

TR - Rinse (wears really nicely - fast fade, and gets nice stripey effect, looks almost black at first)

SFAM - NYD Rinse or Rinse

R&R - Raw (is a one rinse)

• 1 month later...

That background looks very familiar.

:)

Glad you got em at Self Edge.. too bad i wasn't there to see ya...

those look great ment0s.... I was thinking about skull linda's or sling & stone for my girlfriend. she needs a nice pair of raws to wear asap. I think BIG here has the skulls that she can try on. but I wish she could try the sling & stone.

not totally on topic. buttttt

darkanimal is going to proxy me a pair of uniqlos but he needs to know the style wash etc and i am having a brain fart. i was in the store in november and i want the ones that are basically a very nice j brand knockoff. dark with very subtle whiskering. does anyone know what these are called?

thanks

talia

• 2 weeks later...