Raw for Women

Becks23

^the LVC 1954 501 works nicely for ladies who have trouble fitting in low rise skinny jeans. the STF aspect is a clincher.

Edited by satchelbmoore

garden gnomes - I like Naked & Famous in leggy/straight (as seen on adventuretime, above (super cute, btw)). N&F also makes bootcut. Whatever brand you decide on, if you're going to buy them for her as a surprise make sure you know the fit she's looking for. Look at her favorite pair of jeans and try to find a similar pair in raw denim. And if she's taller, make sure the inseam is long enough. I'm limited by lots of brands making smaller sizes with shorter inseams (e.g.Railcar).

I've been a long-time lurker to this thread and notice a lot of guys buy their ladies denim and then complain they never wear them - it's probably because sometimes the fit is a bit awkward. Boyfriend fit is one thing, but most women aren't trying to have their backside look like a deflated balloon. Also, I don't think it's wise to get a gal the gift of raw denim that is too tight and they have to wear around the house unbuttoned for two weeks. (Not a fun introduction.)

I wear Naked & Famous selvedge indidgo Leggy/Straight in the winter. Acne Hep Raw in the summer. I know some ladies think these are lame, but they both fit well for my body type. I once got a pair or APCs and I thought my husband was going to divorce me. Huge gangly pockets, flattened pancake butt. I wanted to be super cool and super raw, but gave them to Goodwill to save my marriage.

Us bubble butts looking to show off our assets usually have to go with a brand that makes raw denim in a true women's cut. Good luck!

garden gnomes - I like Naked & Famous in leggy/straight (as seen on adventuretime, above (super cute, btw)). N&F also makes bootcut. Whatever brand you decide on, if you're going to buy them for her as a surprise make sure you know the fit she's looking for. Look at her favorite pair of jeans and try to find a similar pair in raw denim. And if she's taller, make sure the inseam is long enough. I'm limited by lots of brands making smaller sizes with shorter inseams (e.g.Railcar).

I've been a long-time lurker to this thread and notice a lot of guys buy their ladies denim and then complain they never wear them - it's probably because sometimes the fit is a bit awkward. Boyfriend fit is one thing, but most women aren't trying to have their backside look like a deflated balloon. Also, I don't think it's wise to get a gal the gift of raw denim that is too tight and they have to wear around the house unbuttoned for two weeks. (Not a fun introduction.)

I wear Naked & Famous selvedge indidgo Leggy/Straight in the winter. Acne Hep Raw in the summer. I know some ladies think these are lame, but they both fit well for my body type. I once got a pair or APCs and I thought my husband was going to divorce me. Huge gangly pockets, flattened pancake butt. I wanted to be super cool and super raw, but gave them to Goodwill to save my marriage.

Us bubble butts looking to show off our assets usually have to go with a brand that makes raw denim in a true women's cut. Good luck!

Thanks! I've been double cuffing them now for wearing with my new boots. I think it's a little more appropriate for that shoe.

These jeans were pretty tight when I first got them (but I could always button them) but now they are super comfortable, and were already pretty comfortable maybe about 2 weeks in. I agree on not feeling limited by "lame" brands-- you have to go with what fits. I too tried on APC and it was literally a disaster D: My bf discouraged me from even seeing how they would turn out because he knew judging from my body type that they would stretch horribly and be saggy everywhere. My N&F have been amazing in stretch recovery--much recommended for those looking for a women's cut because it will actually get on your body to start with :P

any of you ladies here join hwdc2 ?

I did! I'll be wearing Steel Feather. Had to size up a little due to the thigh measurement (my achilles heel) and the fact that it's a boyish cut, but I have a fairly straight figure so I should be ok.

Edited by mandel9000

I once got a pair or APCs and I thought my husband was going to divorce me. Huge gangly pockets, flattened pancake butt. I wanted to be super cool and super raw, but gave them to Goodwill to save my marriage.

Hahaha, I went through this exact experience with Railcar Vipers... I still sort of cringe seeing them on other people.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news. We got a hold of more stock of the American red, white and blue 12oz selvedge denim fabric we call the X003. So we will be producing more ladies Viper X003 medium/low rise, slim/skinny fit for 2013. Here are a couple pics. Few slight tweaks to even improve the fit.

ViperX00303_zpsa2e9e188.jpg

ViperX00306_zps0c93c702.jpg

Unless www.apc.fr is mailing out counterfeit jeans, I'm sure they were APCs. The pockets were too big for my tastes, other women understand this. Thus, we buy different brands of denim.

0.jpg

Anyone have experience with Seven Foot Cowboy? They seem to have a jean for women that has a bit of a fuller cut and a rise that isnt all but crack everything. Japanese denim, made in England. I have an e-mail in with them to try to get a thigh measurement.

Im not feeling their mens jeans much at all, but the Sweetheart looks to be a decent cut

http://www.sevenfootcowboy.com/

Edited by garden gnomes in space

amber01_zpse2d2f142.jpg

Got a picture of my friend wearing Viper X003 with only about a month in a half on them. No crazy fades yet. Still pretty new. But I think the picture shows the fit broken in. The X003 fabric is a 12oz red, white, blue dark selvedge with only 2% stretch in it. Nearly no stretch. Just enough to get into easier. Ill post some updates on her as the jeans age.

Thanks!

Viper X003 available here

Edited by Steven RFG

Hartford denim co. style 004, super slim developed for Thailand.works great on women

b48289303fe24613ee2e0d2251283a47_zps5d079a63.jpg7815f564a94099d9f6e779e9b6f4df70_zps13674072.jpg

Pics commi g soon of the front. There are rivets in front and back. The rivets in the back are hidden on this pair

BlackBlue how has 7 styles of Imogene and Willie Jeans for women. one of these styles, the imogene rigid, is 100% cotton and unwashed.

we also have three styles of Raleigh for women as well.

Edited by satchelbmoore

• 2 weeks later...

xpost from Naked and Famous topic

Straight Stretch Selvedge, 3 months everyday wear, just prior to first wash. They actually ended up looking roughly the same after the wash, fades just slightly whiter and less electric blue.

g1wVBaT.jpg

beDyfSv.jpghIRviqr.jpg

KHKfTiM.jpgkVK3dTi.jpgXXgOfGA.jpg

Got a pair of 3sixteen ST-120x Shadow Selvedge jeans yesterday and started breaking them in today. Pictures to come!

I feel like I've x-posted my entry in the HWDC2 contest everywhere by now, I just thought someone in this thread might be interested too.

This Steel Feather cut is quite boyish, but I hope it works anyway. I'm certainly not very curvy, but I do have big thighs compared to my waist size. Photos were taken after just one afternoon of wear, the top block and thighs have stretched a good amount in the few days since.

HC-SF-81 checking in. Steel Feather 21oz SF0121 jean. Second day of wear.

8605975140_8252098984_h.jpg

Edited by mandel9000

Anyone know what size xx/yy or where I can find jeans that go up to size 12 for women