Raw for Women

Becks23

ive had good experiences with acne hep raw as far as fit goes. they don't stretch out too much and are cut very well, but i wouldn't expect the greatest wear on it. the denim weight is too light to crease well or drape. it just hugs the body. buy these if you just like the look of raw denim.

ive also done slim jims. same deal as acne hep.

apc new cures are significantly more "square" or boxy cut, but ideal for every day wear and you'll get great fading.

here's how they fit on me:

071506.jpg

those skull lindas look pretty appealing right now... i'm only a few months into the apcs but im already looking for my next project.

You're into photography, hardcore, and nice denim. Triple Threat!

I tried on the New Cures at the APC store in HK. They were so tight I couldn't pull them past my knees. I would need to chop off my calves to fit in them. The APC jeans don't fit well on me. I'm gonna look into the Acnes or Skull Lindas. Anyone tried the raw denim from Denimbirds or Pace? Are there any other Japanese brands that has raw denim for women? I kinda like these Iron Heart Tomboys (http://www.works-corp.com/iron/twenty_one/index.html) even though they are boot cut.

My partner wants to jump in the raw denim pool but she's reluctant to buy something she can't try on first. She owns a pair of Badu R's but finds 45RPM selvedge too tight. Here in NYC where might she go to check out various brands? Atruim, right? Coop? Barney's? BIG may have Geishas on a given day. And she didn't like the fit of Jean Shop. Any other spots?

My partner wants to jump in the raw denim pool but she's reluctant to buy something she can't try on first. She owns a pair of Badu R's but finds 45RPM selvedge too tight. Here in NYC where might she go to check out various brands? Atruim, right? Coop? Barney's? BIG may have Geishas on a given day. And she didn't like the fit of Jean Shop. Any other spots?

you would be able to find lots of denimbirds and nudie sk at atrium but also check out opening ceremony and (eek) barneys coop.

This is lifted from the article in the SFJournal about Self-Edge (see the current hot thread or read the original at:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/07/LVG18NBRG41.DTL

The key Kiya quote is this:

"He's also carrying Sling & Stones, a premium women's line designed in Seattle but made in Japan using Japanese denim. Asked if his co-owner, fiance Demitra Georgopoulos, requested it, Babzani says she actually wears Sugar Cane's Lee-inspired boot-cut style for women."

Anybody know anything about Sugar Cane's line for women?

Quoted from [thread=20447]anny's Slings n Stones thread[/thread]; the jeans looked great on her:

HI. I recently purchased a pair of Sling & Stones at Self Edge prior to the party and there is already a Sling n Stones thread but it wasn't really based specifically on women's and there isn't many women denim threads with actual pictures. So here you go for the ladies. :P

Front-1.jpg

Side.jpg

Stacks.jpg

Back1.jpg

Button.jpg

IMG%5D

24k gold plated buttons/rivets/threads

The model is Sling & Stones Rachel, sz 24 and I'm really short (5'1).

I got my girlfriend some raw denimbirds when they were on sale at revolve for $75 or whatever. They seem to run a tad bigger than comparably-sized Nudies, too--I had to stretch the fuck out of my 29 x 34 dry Slim Jims to get into them, but slip right into the denimbirds of the same size (they're stretch denim though).

• 2 weeks later...

DSC05137-731788.JPG

DSC05140-729332.JPG

girl on left = jeremy's (sycamore) girlfriend = Sling & Stones Rachel Dry

girl on right = my fiance (ms. self edge) = Sling & Stones Sara Dry

Looking really nice, anny! The fit on the Nudies looks even better than on the Sling & Stones!!

But what really scares me is the fact that I kinda hesitated to drool because a small frame & tight jeans don't equal female anymore (this one guy in the fit thread really looked like a hot girl to me at first, man!). XD

Damn superfuture! Life used to be so simple!! :(

But what really scares me is the fact that I kinda hesitated to drool because a small frame & tight jeans don't equal female anymore (this one guy in the fit thread really looked like a hot girl to me at first, man!). XD

hahhaha thats so true.

HI. I recently purchased a pair of Sling & Stones at Self Edge prior to the party and there is already a Sling n Stones thread but it wasn't really based specifically on women's and there isn't many women denim threads with actual pictures. So here you go for the ladies. :P

Front-1.jpg

hahaha i dig the socks. um...carry on. :)

My wife loves these jeans. Does anyone know where (other than Japan) these can be purchased?

I checked out the fab four online shop http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BB014.html

but don't understand the conversion chart. I asked if they could send me one in English, still waiting on that.

Does anyone know?

How's the fit?