Raw for Women

Becks23

^really? page 49...

my girl has them. they're nice. denim is lighter. maybe 12oz. they run small. i really don't know much about girl sizing but she is pretty small and had to get the size 31. altho she does have butt. i think most Japanese denim companies design jeans for stick figures.

i have SDL703 and i totally agree with tvshooter. jeans run small, top block and thigh area are so tight. i usually wear size 27 in most women's jeans but SDL703 is different case, i went TTS and i couldnt fit in. tried to stretch them (esp thigh and top block area), it took me a month to squeeze my butt and finally get all buttons done, i should have sized up to 29.

take a note that SDL703 are low rise jeans, so the waist size is measured on your hips. please size up 2 for best comfortable fit or size up 1 if you have slender thighs :)

i have them too. yup, they're nice jeans. already wear them about 5months. same like kayodic, when the first time i can't button up all the button. but now they stretch at their waist and thigh but not a lot because they still tight. and i agree with kayodic about the sizing

SDL703 is 14oz, but seem lighter coz they're so soft..

i went TTS and they stretched out alot in the waist, but not so for the thighs.

tried to sneak a few pic's today while chillin round the house. she's got on a crappy skinny belt, which is fug, but will be gettin new belt soon. as you can see the waist is def low rise. they squeeze n flatten her butt a little but they're kinda new so they should wear in over time. she's used to her FH 3001's n PBJ's so these are a nice change to a womens jean.

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

SDL-703 6 months

6279341346_18b835dddc_z.jpg

6278824153_f86fa5a609_z.jpg

6279349968_26f22e2fed_z.jpg

6279352464_72fa252fa6_z.jpg

Welp now I feel dumb haha I searched "studio" in this thread and didn't come up with anything good. Thank you for all the info the fit looks great I'll definitely be suggesting these and PBJs to her.

Thanks again!!

Hey all. First pair of raw denim and first time posting here! I dug through this thread when searching for a pair, and ended up deciding on the 3sixteen+ 99bsp. So far they fit great and and are very comfortable, but I recently got them back from being hemmed, and am a bit worried that they might have hemmed them too short.

What do you guys think? Too short?

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist Thor, just knew it! :-)

we both know you are psychic, milton keynes , you should be in the x-men.

Edited by Thor

my lady is looking for a pair of raw denims but she has a very curvy backside that requires a higher waist. The only brand close to having a high enough waist for her is cheap monday but the waist won't fit if the thighs do. any suggestions? I've checked PBJ, Sling & Stones, Rag & Bone, and APC. Nudie high kais probably wouldn't fit her thighs in the right waist size.

A while back I posted the Red Cloud women's jeans on a Chinese girl... Here's how they fit an averagely built westerner...

7308306522_6f8c8fe8f2.jpg

7308305550_c4e15bf060.jpg

7308302216_9b3fc9fdf9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A while back I posted the Red Cloud women's jeans on a Chinese girl... Here's how they fit an averagely built westerner...

7308306522_6f8c8fe8f2.jpg

7308305550_c4e15bf060.jpg

7308302216_9b3fc9fdf9.jpg

"averagely built?"

only if average = beautiful

Kenzie, do you have any fits of her in those? I remember her trying your pair on, but not in a resize for her. They look great. I like the open combs.

I gotta get some pics up for some advice. I didn't want to push my wife too far with sizing. Her Skulls are her first pair of full-cotton since the days of stealin her daddy's Levi's for chores. I think they look great but now she thinks she could go a size down. They're already snug :rolleyes:

I can see why it's such a brutal cut for women. If you aren't willing to just roll with the cut from the knee down, you're in for a real squeeze.

Yeah I'll try get some fit pics up soon. She got the same size as me, but she got hers hemmed. The problem with that is the that the taper gets cut so her leg opening is a bit bigger than she'd like. Nothing major, but still

anyone have recommendations for a raw jean with a curvy cut? I'm looking for an 11.5" thigh if 100% cotton or 11"-11.5" with stretch at a size 29 or 30. Measurements are 27.5" natural waist, 33" upper hips (about where jeans would sit on average), 38.5" hips, and 22.5-23" thighs. In prewashed denim I have to buy curvy cuts for the waist to not gape in the back. Every pair of raw denim I've come across seems tailored to a more slim fit, or at least not a curvy one. Sling & Stones Delilah is the only thing that looks large enough from the size chart, but I'd prefer a straight leg and under $200.

I'm also 5'9" so i'd want a 34 inseam (to get some stacking)

i recently got some levi 511s at size 31, which are slightly loose in the waist and almost too tight in the thigh (they measure at 11.3" ish across), so i assume that most men's skinny jeans are also out.

^ i think you can actually fit in some N&F skinny guys or weird guys depending on what your rise is at where you measured 33" where they sit. youre tall though so im sure the rise cant be too high, guessing ~9-10"?

for skinny guys

* Size 32 (33" waist, 9.75" rise, 11.25" thigh, 8.1" knee, 37.5" inseam, 7.5" leg opening)

* Size 33 (34" waist, 9.75" rise, 11.5" thigh, 8.25" knee, 37.5" inseam, 7.7" leg opening)

for weird guys

* Size 30 (32" waist, 10" rise, 11.5" thigh, 8.3" knee, 35" inseam, 7.25" leg opening)

* Size 31 (33" waist, 10" rise, 11.75" thigh, 8.5" knee, 35" inseam, 7.4" leg opening)

their measurements vary from model to model so just see if these would even fit your liking first.

I actually tried on some weird guys today! the waist still gaps a tiny but in the back but honestly not more than the average women's jean. from the size chart they (size 31) should've been perfect but they were tight in the thighs. maybe it was because they were the linen blends? maybe those ran a bit small

they were the only ones in stock to try on sadly. i'll go to the barney's in town and try on some of their plain old selvedge

Ok, I tried on the weird guys and some apc petit standards and they were both waaaay too roomy in the back waist when the thighs and hips were tight. very sad because there were those fade to red weird guys for $120.

i guess my problem with waists on jeans in general isn't the total size but how curvy they're cut in the back/the shape. the waist can be super tight around the front and sides but still gape in the back. :(

Ok, I tried on the weird guys and some apc petit standards and they were both waaaay too roomy in the back waist when the thighs and hips were tight. very sad because there were those fade to red weird guys for $120.

i guess my problem with waists on jeans in general isn't the total size but how curvy they're cut in the back/the shape. the waist can be super tight around the front and sides but still gape in the back. :(

you're a female I assume? Those are men's cuts, so that's probably the problem. Have you tried any womens cuts? Skull Lindas, 3sixteen 1099bsp?

Whats up Raw For Women thread. Steven here from Railcar. We snapped a couple of pictures this morning of some Donna 003 high waisted jeans with about a month in a half of actual wear on them her at the workshop. Its a Cone Mills 12oz, 2% stretch non-selvedge Cone mills denim. We make them here at our workshop so if your in the Southern California area swing by to get sized up or please feel free to ask us if you need help sizing.

donna003fit01.jpg

donna003fit02.jpg

We make them in small batches. Here are a few that we just finished up today.

donna003fit03.jpg