Raw for Women

Becks23

I do like the name. Wow :laugh:

kayodic I will get some photos soon. She wants to send them off to BiG for a hem. Oh yeah, that's another "cute" detail added to the open-end stretch of those: a chainstitch.

^you wont be disappointed... i've been wearing my vipers and they're awesome :)

yeah, nudies are vanity size. 32"/33" inseam will give you quite amount of stackings if you're only 5'0, imo 35" inseam is way too much...

i dont have any experience with 3sixteen but if you wear tlj in size 24, you can also wear viper in size 24.

this is general explanation of how to size ladies jeans (think it can be applied to other brands as well)

379383_309072502450152_126893790668025_1121605_194282344_n.jpg

How's the inseam for the viper x001?

http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RWJVIPERX001

I can't seem to find the inseam measurements..

my Viper X001

538522_212528968863471_100003191073620_322576_783349015_n.jpg

with button-fly

Fitpics

579434_213697112079990_100003191073620_325216_1330719956_n.jpg

yes i wear heels on purpose, and HOPE it looks good ENOUGH so that more girls will get into raw denim

even if the denimbros yell NAY....

Edited by nachtelijk

How's the inseam for the viper x001?

http://www.railcarfi...de=RWJVIPERX001

I can't seem to find the inseam measurements..

Thanks! We are in the middle of updating our spec tab on our site right now. But For sizes 24 25 26 the inseam are 31 inches and for 26 27 28 29 30 31 the inseams are 33 inches. Please let me know if you have any other questions. The Vipers fit true to tag size pretty snug. Sizing down is not necessary. Viper true to size should be snug enough to compensate for the break in molding.

They can even be sized up on for just a bit of a relaxed fit with out rear waistband gapping problems.

hey my friend is looking to buy her first pair of raw denim, but i'm not too knowledgeable on raw denim for women, hence my asking in this thread :). she's looking for something with a high rise, slim to skinny cut, something similar to nudies high kais, but she wants a few more options. any recommendations? thanks :D

Great fit, angelachanny

*edit, carharrt kids circa 2000 or earlier had some great stuff for women. True replicas, not the cheesy kid-looking cheapness. My wife has an early kids' Detroit jacket with red quilted lining and superb tailoring. Shit looks like it could be an apc collab.

Edited by jyoni

I really want to get a pair of the railcar viper 003, but I'm worried that I am too curvy for them. I'm not tall enough for the relaxed fit to be flattering, but I'm worried that if I go for a smaller size for a slim/skinny fit, I won't be able to button them.

^ The problem is, I have no idea what my "true" size is.

I wear 25 in some APCs, and in others 24 is too big for me. :blink:

I haven't bought a regular pair of women's jeans for quite a while.

excuse me for reposting this picture

this is general explanation of how to size ladies jeans (think it can be applied to other brands as well)

379383_309072502450152_126893790668025_1121605_194282344_n.jpg

and how to measure? http://www.railcarfi...ts.asp?Cat=1835

you can measure your best fitting jeans (waist, rise and thigh) and after you find out your "true" measurement, you might need to check this out

• Viper X001 fit specs. Please keep in mind that Railcar fits true to tag size. Actual measurement are larger due to the human waist is shaped like a cone. The lower the rise the bigger it gets. Tag size is based at the belly button line. Railcar Viper fit sits below the belly button.
  • Tag size 24 - Actual waistband 28, Inseam 31, Front rise 7.5, Hips 32, Thigh 19, Bottom 11
  • Tag size 25 - Actual waistband 29, Inseam 31, Front rise 7.75, Hips 33, Thigh 19.5, Bottom 11.25
  • Tag size 26 - Actual waistband 30, Inseam 31, Front rise 8, Hips 34, Thigh 20, Bottom 11.5
  • Tag size 27 - Actual waistband 31, Inseam 33, Front rise 8.25, Hips 35, Thigh 20.5, Bottom 11.75
  • Tag size 28 - Actual waistband 32, Inseam 33, Front rise 8.5, Hips 36, Thigh 21, Bottom 12
  • Tag size 29 - Actual waistband 33, Inseam 33, Front rise 8.75, Hips 36, Thigh 21.5, Bottom 12.25
  • Tag size 30 - Actual waistband 34, Inseam 33, Front rise 9, Hips 37, Thigh 22, Bottom 12.5

So is there a need to size down for railcar to account for stretching? I could measure my most perfect-fitting pair of jeans, but when I first got them they were a lot smaller - I couldn't even button them up.

I take a size 26 in Railcar (Viper X001) and am a size 27 in Slings & Stones and 3Sixteen+, and size 1 in PBJs. Or if it helps, a size 2 in Gap jeans and a 4 in Topshop jeans (US sizes).

I'm a bit ambivalent about the Railcars to be honest... They're really well constructed but I don't find the fit particularly flattering. On me they're too loose in the waist but tight on the thighs, and have an unfortunate flattening effect in the rear. Also as I have to belt them quite tightly, they're not that comfortable and tend to rub on my hipbones. But the stretch versions may be better and your body shape may be completely different to mine!

I take a size 26 in Railcar (Viper X001) and am a size 27 in Slings & Stones and 3Sixteen+, and size 1 in PBJs. Or if it helps, a size 2 in Gap jeans and a 4 in Topshop jeans (US sizes).

I'm a bit ambivalent about the Railcars to be honest... They're really well constructed but I don't find the fit particularly flattering. On me they're too loose in the waist but tight on the thighs, and have an unfortunate flattening effect in the rear. Also as I have to belt them quite tightly, they're not that comfortable and tend to rub on my hipbones. But the stretch versions may be better and your body shape may be completely different to mine!

Thank you, that is very helpful!

I'm sorry that I have so many questions. I'm just hesitant about taking a punt on sizing because of Railcar's 15% restocking fee. I thought relocating to the U.S. from Australia would make finding selvedge jeans easier, but it's still the same old online shopping problems. :unsure: