Raw for Women

Becks23

Noob question,

I'm looking into getting my girlfriend a pair of PBJ1069. I measured her favorite fitting jeans waist and came up with a 28, so I'm looking into that size for her.

My concern is the 5% polyurethane for stretch. Does that help prevent any stretching out at all? She's small and petite and likes her jeans to be slim fitting and does not want a pair to eventually stretch out to much. So I need to figure this out when deciding on a size for her.

Thanks in advance.

Slightly tweaked 3sixteen+ 99BSP stretch selvedge jean is coming out next week, it's gonna be super flavorful.

^ smaller pockets?

I hope not. That's the thing that ruins it for me in women's jeans...the freakishly small pockets. An odd concept, considering that most women have larger asses than men.

My new pair from Railcar Fine Goods (Viper X001)

http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/p/shop_22.html

railcar-viper-5.jpg

railcar-viper-2.jpg

railcar-viper-7.jpg

detail

- 13.5oz Cone Mills red line selvedge 100% cotton denim fabric from the White Oak plant in North Carolina.

- Raw thick heavy leather patch that is heat burnt branded with Railcar logo

- Selvedge in the outseam, fly, and coin pocket

- Chain stitch bottom hem

- Single continuous chain stitch on the waistband that is tucked in to prevent unraveling

- Railcar “R†stitch in the fly to reinforce the waistband to the fly to the body panel. Also to even more lock the chainstitch on the waistband

- 2 piece waistband to prevent rear gapping and to achieve fades on top of the waistband when aging the jeans

- hand hammered traditional washer rivets

- branded waistband button

- YKK zipper

- 2 tone stitch color (total of 4 thread colors in the jeans)

- Screen printed on the heavy pocket bag with Railcar art logo

- extra clean stitching (flip the jeans inside out to see)

- belt loops tucked into the waistband

- The whole jeans was made on non-automated traditional jeans making sewing machines. No automatic machines was used to make the jeans. 100% made by Railcar manufacturing.

fit pic

IMG_5948resized2.jpg

IMG_5969resized2.jpg

IMG_5970resized2.jpg

apparently i sized up one to get better combs and i sag em a bit.

- 2 piece waistband to prevent rear gapping and to achieve fades on top of the waistband when aging the jeans

- hand hammered traditional washer rivets

Hey Kayodic, awesome jeans. Pretty sweet price too. I just had a few questions about it tho.

When you say rear gapping, you mean the waist expending so much that it shows butt cracks right.?

Those burr rivets, are there any hidden rivets in the back pockets.?

Thanks for posting pics and cheers for kopping a sweet pair.

Was visiting NYC this past week and stopped into BiG today before heading home. Picked up a pair of the SDA 703s for my gf. Totally guessed on the size, but used the info from kayodic and tvshooter (thanks for the pics and sizing information, it was a great help).....here is hoping that they fit!

bummer about the dryer creases in the balders, but they look & fit great. after accidentally putting creases into my samurais after the first wash just a couple of months in, i've learned my lesson -- no dryer unless i've got a shitload of towels in there with the jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

How about a larger women's jean? Thinking of buying a nice pair for my gal for her birthday in November -- when we met, she had sworn off jeans for some odd reason, then I got her to pick up a thrifted pair of Hudsons, but those have been torn to pieces.

She's about 5'8", usually wears a 30" or size 10 in women's pants, but with a true waist size of about 35" (edit -- for low-rise, at least, 33" would work with a little bit higher rise)

From sneakily measuring some of the stuff she wears now, I'd like to shoot for a ~11" thigh and 9" or so front rise. She likes both slimmer cuts below the knee, as well as straight or even flared -- so a leg opening anywhere from 8" to 9.5"

With that waist size, obviously open to a "men's" jean, but still trying to find a suitable feminine cut (i.e. -- not like the shubharamani look... she's rad, but not what I need here :) ).

What the hell is out there with a low rise and suitably large thigh/waist?

edit: the sz 5 Skull Linda looks close... hmmm...

edit: the sz 5 Skull Linda looks close... hmmm...

Can't advise, brightbill. I just want to mention that BIG told me they will stock a small number of the bootcut Linda if/when another lot comes around. So, if a five would work there's another option for her cut. My wife is stuck on the bootcut shit too, so I'm keen on it. Maybe shoot Gordon an email so he knows someone else is interested.