Raw for Women

Becks23

I was looking to get my girl some raw denim, but I'm not sure if it will work out. She refuses to wear a belt ever, and is constantly throwing her jeans in the dryer to make the waist tight again. I'm afraid if I don't size these right for her they will stretch out, and she'll either never wear them again, or just fuck them up in the dryer.

Any advice?

I was looking to get my girl some raw denim, but I'm not sure if it will work out. She refuses to wear a belt ever, and is constantly throwing her jeans in the dryer to make the waist tight again. I'm afraid if I don't size these right for her they will stretch out, and she'll either never wear them again, or just fuck them up in the dryer.

Any advice?

yeah, i have some advice:

1) maybe raw denim isn't going to be her cup of tea. you *might* want to concentrate more on getting her some high quality denim instead (there are a lot of quality non-raw, non-selvedge jeans available for women.) some women like a bit of elasticity to their denim and don't want 100% cotton, etc.

don't make the mistake of projecting your wants onto her. is your goal for her to get some great jeans that she loves, or do you want other people to say "dude, your girl has some sick raw selvedge denim."

2) putting them in the dryer will not "fuck them up." it will just cause them to fade faster, and her jeans will be less contrast-y. maybe she doesn't care about high-contrast fades, did you ask? remember there is no magic formula for jeans, their wear and fading is supposed to be a representation of your life, and no two lives are the same.

3) you might want to have her try some sanforized denim (i think that still sort of counts as raw) my wife has the somet womens jeans which are sanforized and don't stretch as much as my PBJs do, so there's less size related drama with them.

4) you also might want to show her this thread and some of the pictures posted in this thread. seeing a pair with really nice fit and fades might inspire her to put in some of the effort needed for those results. beware having to answer the "why are you looking at pictures of other women in jeans" question though.

good luck.

2) putting them in the dryer will not "fuck them up."

There is always the chance that you will get some weird creases in your jeans if you tumble dry until they are absolutely dry. I'd only recommend tumble drying until damp then line drying and smoothing out the creases.

Regarding shrinking jeans using boiling hot water, I think some people have reported ruining the leather patch? Just a thought for anyone thinking about trying to get max shrinkage from their raw denim using this method...

Don't boil the jeans but adding boiling water to a tub of hot water from the tap won't hurt. It'll get the water very hot but not bubbly boiling. I've done that many a time w/o any issues with my leather patches.

Xposted from Supermarket

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=153166

Be looking for more sales ladies; I'll post a link to my sexih01s when I complete the auction.

edit:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=153167

Thank you, darling. I guess I have a boyish frame? :/ haha

sadly they no longer fit. The geishas stretched a bit and I've lost a little weight due to an active summer. No longer a flattering fit. Saggy, and not in a cute way. But someone will love them as I have!

I sure would, but I'm not sure I know what you mean about right on? Just a direct shot of the waist while I'm wearing or?

also a working-to-buy-jawns concept at math enrichment... yeeahhh

Way to perpetuate the stereotype that we're good at math... damnit, I hate asians good at math...

Only cuz I suck at it and my 7th grade math teacher once asked me if I was really Chinese...

its ironic, i actually only work at the language arts section of math enrichment...??? weird shit. i also suck at math LOL

BALDERS :( :( they didn't have my size when i went to Self Edge last weekend!!

the day famelle sells the geishas i will cry one tear...she was my favorite adorable denim-chick. what are you onto next. please wear the 45rpms forever!

Oh salaami, I'm flattered. I'm selling my 45 rpms as well. I'm really interested in miss Angela's SCs, And I want to get a pair of the cyclists.