Raw for Women

Becks23

Anyone here ever tried on the Naked and Famous Skinny Girl Silk Denim? I've seen the Silk Denim in a men's cut in person and I love the look, even though I know it's not the highest quality denim. I found them for cheap online and I think the low denim ounce-age would be great for summer jeans, so I think I'm going to buy them soon enough, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what size to get.

I searched this thread for "naked and famous" and most people are saying they run 1-2 sizes large. I also checked BlueinGreen for measurements, but they don't seem to sell the women's silk denim so I'm wondering if the sizing is different for those, seeing as the listed measurements for the Black Stretch and the Indigo Stretch are different.

For reference, I wear a 27 Nudie TLJ and 29 in 7FAM jeans. I have pictures if necessary. I've tried on Jean Shop Skinnies and APC New Cures before but don't have a verifiable size in those bc none of the available sizes fit, so apologies. I think my true waist is around 28 but where low rise jeans sit is probably closer to 31 or 32. I do also have wider hips but I've read N&F to be pretty accommodating for NORMAL-sized women.

Any help would be appreciated in furthering my research with human input rather than just web pages!

Thank you, zakurie, for the info. looking forward to seeing the pictures.

I received my Cobcord flip flops. Actually, the photo below was the 2nd pair I received. The first pair were a tad too small, and David told me to return them and that he would remake them free of charge. The 2nd ones arrived about a week later.

The flip-slops are super comfortable. The leather is soft, and the foam is cushiony. The cotton webbing is very soft, although it does rub a little between my toes; however, since it is cotton, it is softening up.

I highly recommend these!

Here is a photo after a couple of wears:

3639040674_902de8a501_o.jpg

My girlfriend is getting a pair of Nudie Slim Kim's. Does she need to size down at all?

Get them true to size.

Anyone here ever tried on the Naked and Famous Skinny Girl Silk Denim? I've seen the Silk Denim in a men's cut in person and I love the look, even though I know it's not the highest quality denim. I found them for cheap online and I think the low denim ounce-age would be great for summer jeans, so I think I'm going to buy them soon enough, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what size to get.

I searched this thread for "naked and famous" and most people are saying they run 1-2 sizes large. I also checked BlueinGreen for measurements, but they don't seem to sell the women's silk denim so I'm wondering if the sizing is different for those, seeing as the listed measurements for the Black Stretch and the Indigo Stretch are different.

For reference, I wear a 27 Nudie TLJ and 29 in 7FAM jeans. I have pictures if necessary. I've tried on Jean Shop Skinnies and APC New Cures before but don't have a verifiable size in those bc none of the available sizes fit, so apologies. I think my true waist is around 28 but where low rise jeans sit is probably closer to 31 or 32. I do also have wider hips but I've read N&F to be pretty accommodating for NORMAL-sized women.

Any help would be appreciated in furthering my research with human input rather than just web pages!

I've got em, my true waist is 28 and I sized down 2 to 26, I think i might have needed to go one more, they are stretchy and take forever to fade unless you are wearing like crazy. I'd say if you're wearing a 27 in Nudie, go with 26, i'm wide hipped as well.

Btw, they bleed like nothing I've seen, i've soaked them once and i have a good 50+ wears going on but they still leave blue everywhere.

Good luck

do you have any denim except the linda?

i want to know because if i buy another denim,,i will know my size :)

like nudie or any denim you got..hehe

the skull linda is a pretty straight cut, considering it's a girl's jean. as long as you aren't too wide at the hip in contrast to the rest of your measurements, you should size down just one -- take your measurement around the top of the hip in centimeters, and compare it to the measurements provided by fabfour. then, just buy one size down. this is for a snug, slim fit.

if you've got that ghetto booty or whatever (?!) then you should consider buying true to size. my girlfriend went true to size with hers, but she isn't wide at the hip at all, so they tend to sag off of her when they're all stretched out & in need of a wash.

also take into consideration all other measurements involved, to make sure it is an appropriate cut for you! :-)

lowrider, Thank you for the photos. I like the fabric of the Geisha jeans. They look good on her!

Thanks! As mentioned, these pics were of them fresh out of the box. In the last 5 hours they've since started to mold to her body and become more flattering.

We're starting our own little Samurai contest - my S5000AI-10SP against her Geisha. Not an apples to apples comparison but I'm sure I abuse my denim much more than she does (her first pair of raw denim) so having natural indigo and a darker weft in my jean should level the playing field a bit.

Ah, good to hear. Mine were perfect after about seven wears. They are going to fade so beautifully. Watch out, she might kick your ass in your little showdown. :) post evo photos?

You might want to refine your query a bit if you're looking for a good answer.

Raw, one wash, or pre-distressed? Full selvedge, half selvedge, or no selvedge? 100% cotton or a blend? The list goes on...

raw or one wash doesn't matter, selvedge denim, 100% cotton. she isn't that curvy so hip room isn't much of issue. i have been looking at the sling and stones, samurai, pbj, skull, and flathead. i amy trying to find the ones that work for a small girl...

hmm quick question

are the geishas selvedge?

what other women's denim are selvedge...?

Geishas are full pink lame selvedge and the Skull Lindas are a half selvedge.

Naked and Famous has a Slim Girl Stretch Selvedge - 2% elastane.

The Flat Head has selvedge denim but no selvedge edge.

Somet has a girl cut but no selvedge.

raw or one wash doesn't matter, selvedge denim, 100% cotton. she isn't that curvy so hip room isn't much of issue. i have been looking at the sling and stones, samurai, pbj, skull, and flathead. i amy trying to find the ones that work for a small girl...

pbj.............

Ah, good to hear. Mine were perfect after about seven wears. They are going to fade so beautifully. Watch out, she might kick your ass in your little showdown. :) post evo photos?

I really hope she doesn't whoop on me. That would be very very sad...

I'll def post evo photos once she starts breaking them in. Thanks again for the sizing help!

wow I didn't even read the details you asked about... haha sorry klue, they're skinny though.

lowrider, not a problem; glad she likes them

I've got em, my true waist is 28 and I sized down 2 to 26, I think i might have needed to go one more, they are stretchy and take forever to fade unless you are wearing like crazy. I'd say if you're wearing a 27 in Nudie, go with 26, i'm wide hipped as well.

Btw, they bleed like nothing I've seen, i've soaked them once and i have a good 50+ wears going on but they still leave blue everywhere.

Good luck

Thanks so much for this a few pages back! Now I can buy happy :)