Raw for Women

Becks23

anyone else struggling like hell with the square button? too much blisters..

ahah i did when i first got them. in fact when i was trying them on i had to have my best friend button it for me because my fingers were starting to hurt. it gets easier with practice.

i personally love the square button and the gold... makes them kinda pop. yay for s&s! anyone here have rachels in selvage? it seems like all the other rachels i've seen are non-selvage...the fit is definitely different.

me2! and my rachels that i posted a couple days ago are selvage.

anyone else struggling like hell with the square button? too much blisters..

No more square buttons on the new line.. :)

Another bit of news..

Basically the new run of S&S jeans has been altered in design a bit by the Self Edge crew..

The jeans will not have designed (triangle) yokes, they'll have a new improved circular top button (not a square button), and no more gold rivets, they'll be bar tacked at stress points.

I can't wait to get these in... Should be in about four weeks.

Sounds like all the best features will be gone. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I love the yoke, square button and the gold rivets. I'm interested to see what the new design will look like though.

i personally love the square button and the gold... makes them kinda pop. yay for s&s! anyone here have rachels in selvage? it seems like all the other rachels i've seen are non-selvage...the fit is definitely different.

I have the rachels in selvage - both the veggie wash and the synthetic indigo. I love them both. :)

We had issues with the triangular yoke not sitting well on some girls' behinds and most girls complained about the square button being too difficult to button.

That button was definitely a PIA at first, but once they've been buttoned a few times it's not such a problem. That was definitely unique to S&S and the yoke too!

Will the rise be any higher in the back? That's probably my only complaint. And what's the pricing going to be like?

Rise will be about the same, about .5" higher in the back.. also, prices have been dropped.. the entire line is about $260..

Ah man, agreed with AliceGlass, it sounds like a lot of the best features of that denim are going away, which kind of made the S&S line a little more unique. Still, I'll probably cop a pair if they're just as gorgeous.

Just got my Nudies, thanks SelfEdge :)! Will post pics tomorrow...

I have the rachels in selvage - both the veggie wash and the synthetic indigo. I love them both. :)

ahaha me too! i love the interesting shade of that veggie wash. they do fit a bit different though because of the denim being more stiff/thicker than normal women's skinny jeans. sometimes i feel like they make my legs look a bit thicker... but who cares i love sling & stones! and i agree with you... it seems like they took out all the best features. i love that square button. it was hard at first, but who else has that squareness?! :rolleyes:

^both my pairs do the opposite of each other - I feel like my synthetic indigos make me look smaller than I really am but, they are tight tight tight so that's probably why lol. I sized down 1 for them and they stretched perfectly.

My veggie wash rachels are a size bigger than I normally wear, and that pair actually makes me feel like I look thick because they're not as tight as they could be. And they aren't as narrow through the calves for some reason, probably because of the bigger size. I absolutely love the color of that wash though.

The thicker denim did take some getting used to, that's for sure.

I want to purchase my first pair of raw denim..and I was wondering if someone could help me ^^

i mean, for starters you should read this thread and then you need to be WAY more specific

^thanks! I have some fading going on, but not a whole lot. Barely shows up on camera lol.

These are 100% cotton, so they really have no give whatsoever. It is pretty harsh, but I really like them so I just persevere. I'm definitely used to having some stretch in my jeans, so it took some time adjusting to the different feel.

^^ that's how my apc nc's are, stairs are a bitch sometimes. They were loose after the first two months and then I hot soaked them and they got what felt like two sizes smaller