Study

thedaniway

How often should I study a week? What are some of the best ways to retain the knowledge you're not getting in the classroom? I like to take book notes, but am not sure that's the best way to go about getting the information-it's very time-consuming.

I'd like advice on some of the study habits that other sufu'rs have used that don't consume massive amounts of time like book notes do.

take notes during class, then when you get home, write them over. for example, for my accounting lectures, my teacher has power point slides that accompany his lectures so i print them out, scribble notes on to them, then rewrite the whole thing into a notebook + whatever additional information i find helpful in the book. actually it's sort of tedious.

take notes during class, then when you get home, write them over. for example, for my accounting lectures, my teacher has power point slides that accompany his lectures so i print them out, scribble notes on to them, then rewrite the whole thing into a notebook + whatever additional information i find helpful in the book. actually it's sort of tedious.

Um, yeah, fuck that.

I used to make notes but i realise that i'd try to redo them once I feel that I'm not going on the right track and that took up lotsa time .

.So the best way would be to jot everything you find useful during the lecture down and but i'd only rewrite them if it gets too untidy. i'd rather spend that time doing my revision. just cover what the lecture had covered for that day and kinda make sure that you wont forget them. makes studying for the final exams easier .

i was an engineer and im assuming thats completely different from what you are studying. id just do practice problems.

as far as how often to study. its good to go over what you learned in class while its still fresh in your head, so just breeze through your notes a little while after class. when it comes to tests, i would try to start "studying" 3 days before the exam. the first 2 days were really just looking over everything and then i would study hard the day/night before the exam.

i dunno it worked for me.

why is everybody giving her shit. it's not like this is a thread in superthrash.

if it's a science course i read the material before lecture, write notes in lecture, review notes while waiting for next class to start, go home rewrite notes if it's material intensive. if it's problem intensive do all the recommended problems. review notes for prelims and carefully read all discussed diagrams in book. i've heard that if you don't review the lecture an hour after, you forget most of it.

for humanities courses you just have to know how to bullshit. it comes with practice.

the first one's not very credible, but pretty close to the truth. the second is the source

but

http://www.smart-kit.com/s572/learning-strategies-a-study-tip-to-improve-memory/

http://psy.ed.asu.edu/~classics/Ebbinghaus/index.htm

i haven't really read, but a lot of the stuff they suggest is pretty much psych 101

http://www.adprima.com/studyout.htm

That's the only way I remember anything. It is tedious, but I retain most of it. Also, talking to other people about what I learned in lecture helps me understand things better. Sufu nerds representtt