Patrik Ervell S/S 09

larssss

00020m.jpg

Most of it is pretty rehashed or basic. Some of the models are certainly distracting. This fit, while simple, is something i might try to pick up or mix and match brands to get the same look. I think i want to wear this a lot and am going to start hunting down similar pieces so i can sport this every other day when i start working.

i really like this collection, despite it being a complete remake of previous seasons. Thats what I expect from ervell, and it becomes more refined each season it seems. the fit just looks amazing, i really like the colour story, the stripes are a toss up, some seem great, mainly in the jackets, the larger striped pants are awful. but what do i know?

i could live in this look, vancouver needs a stocklist00220m.jpg

i really like this collection, despite it being a complete remake of previous seasons. Thats what I expect from ervell, and it becomes more refined each season it seems. the fit just looks amazing, i really like the colour story, the stripes are a toss up, some seem great, mainly in the jackets, the larger striped pants are awful. but what do i know?

i could live in this look, vancouver needs a stocklist00220m.jpg

Yeah I agree, "boring" or whatever, but that is the look.

I think some people may be mis-understanding the direction of Ervell's collections. He is going for a more refined/ understated and minimalist look for streetwear (in my opinion) so there probably aren't going to be huge jumps is style from one season to the next but rather he builds upon an idea and look. Also alot of his clothes are more timeless and subtle and as a result don't take a huge fashion risks or make loud statements which would make them stand apart from collection to collection.

Also, does his collection remind anyone else of a less formal Jil Sander or earlier Raf Simons.

Like I've always said about Ervell, to me it feels like he's bordering somewhere between Jil Sander and dangerously looking like Uniqlo. I personally have never been 100% impressed with his fabrication (which is what makes Jil Sander's minimalism work). But it's very hard to stand out, especially as an american menswear designer, when you basically possess the same american menswear sillouhette as nearly every other menswear designer. As well as using almost the same color pallette as them.

Ervell stuff usually looks better in non-mensstyle pics. I saw a pic or two taken by a normal person in the stands and the fit looked nicer.

not extremely impressed but overall satisfied, very hit or miss

ive always liked the air jacket silhouette, however in previous seasons the vent flap across the back seemed to jut out like a mini cape which made for a dumb fucking look from behind

this has been fixed with the more recent shipment of cashmere air jackets for the current f/w season

aside from some of the more experimental patterns, i like where the air jacket is going now, and in this set in particular it seems to be shown in a very versatile way