World of denim shops

fistoffury

• 3 weeks later...

For cone denim fans in NC, Hudson Hill in Greensboro NC stocks WH Ranch, Raleigh Denim, Levi's vintage, Tellason and other cone denim brands made in house. They also do chain stitching, denim repairs, and homemade leather works.

• 6 months later...

I love SE, BIG, 3x1 and Denimio..

Edited by Mojique

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm sure most of you know the shop BEARS in Shimokitazawa,Tokyo. 

If you didn't catch it yet, since the closure of global Rakuten, they opened their new overseas webshop 

https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/

Super easy to order from, perfect English communication and a great selection. On top of that, free shipping. 

2nd’s site was terrible but strangely  comforting for a Luddite like me. Didn’t stop me buying a few Deluxewear sweatshirts and FH shirts from there in the past though, with plenty of to-ing and fro-ing via email using Google translate. I probably haven’t looked at it for over 5 years so it might be sleek and modern now, although I hope not!

On 2/1/2021 at 5:43 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I'm sure most of you know the shop BEARS in Shimokitazawa,Tokyo. 

If you didn't catch it yet, since the closure of global Rakuten, they opened their new overseas webshop 

https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/

Super easy to order from, perfect English communication and a great selection. On top of that, free shipping. 

thanks for the heads up. their styling and 'modelling' of shirts is fine, but the jeans...

Edited by conqueror

• 11 months later...

I bought a Joe McCoy shirt from them 6 years ago. I emailed them in English and with a Japanese translation, they replied in English, it was all very smooth. The email address I used was: [email protected]

11 hours ago, busterthehuman said:

What's something a US shop doesn't do that you'd like to see? 

Personally i would like to see them do less, the market is completely saturated...  i've always spent what i consider a f**k'load of £££ on clothing but i've never followed mainstream fashion (when i was a teenager, i dressed like a teenager not a 1940's denim-dude) over the last 15yrs ive spent a lot of time scouring the internet for something a little bit out of the ordinary..  i consider i work hard for my disposable income therefore i want my clothing purchases to make me feel special which is hard when everyone else is wearing the same shit.. for the first 10yrs of sufu we all looked quite different even in our bigger cities but since the heritage boom i only have to walk down to our local shops and i see quite a few folks following the same style albeit cluelessly.. i never wanted to be part of mainstream culture but i find myself here and what's the alternative.. loungewear? even the vintage shops are still churning out a 90's re-hash.

Once Marks & Sparks start selling Japanese selvedge denim.. you know it's game over

Edited by Double 0 Soul

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Just keep on keepin’ on and it’ll pass,

I'm probably well overdue a change of direction in my steeze.. i used to go to this country boozer (other pub-goers laughed at my booted denim-clad sufu styles back then because i looked unusual) there was a group of old friends who used to sit in the corner..one was called Ken.. clearly aging rockers in their late 40's wearing Saxon t-shirts.. tight 80's Levi's, stone washed truckers and such, balding on top with shouler length scraggly gray hair at the back, they had obviously reached what they considered their style peak in the 80's and never grew out of it or evolved style wise past this era..

..occasionally you see old dudes still wearing grey 1970's leather jackets and polyester darts shirts like a contestant from Bullseye.. i'm in danger of looking like one of these dudes but stuck in 2008-10 heritage era..:D

Edited by Double 0 Soul