canadian cats, how much u paying for duties on jeans

homi29

anyone ordering jeans online, how much do they charge you at the border..

im thinking of ordering in some APCs or Nudies online from Europe, just wondering if i'd get raped on the duties..

in which case i wouldn't save much money, and id be better off just buying them in store

Quote:

Get the shipper to mark it as a gift and mark the value under $25. You can also mark it "promotional, no resale value".

Also, if you use UPS, theyll charge you a $30 brokerage fee on top of the customs.

--- Original message by culture on Nov 1, 2005 09:59 AM

UPS are the biggest, greediest, assholes of the shipping world. I make it a point never to order anything from a company who ships UPS. They even charge that bullshit fee on top of items listed as gifts. I'd rather wait the extra 2-3 days for USPS than to give those fuckers one dime of my money.

^^ werd

i got charged 30 bucks by UPS just for the brokerage fee once.. on top of customs

now im ALWAYS careful about who and how they ship...

I'm in ontario btw, but ill likely be buying off a site, and not ebay (too wary of fakes), so if they mark it as a gift , i should be in the clear right.