How soon can i wash my dry denim?

Matay

I just got a pair of Cheap Monday dry dark blue unwashed jeans. If i wash them right away, will they not fade?

I'm just worried about the blue rubbing off on tshirts and leather seats and stuff......if it does go on tshirts, will it come off??

i sound like a noob icon_smile_tongue.gif

we are made of the sharpest things you say

Quote:

Thanks you!

Lol. I can never find what i need when i search :P

That's very comforting that they will not permanently change the colour of my tshirts.

--- Original message by Matay on Nov 1, 2005 01:46 AM

yeah the indigo isnt going to stain unless its like... alot. if some shows up from wearing a white shirt on dry jeans it wont be much if any at all, so youll be good.

corbin law i would be interested in your opinion regarding this point.

Have you read the perfect wash section under imperial is... of Imperial Brand Clothing's website? [url=" http://www.imperial.st"] <a href="http://www.imperial.st" target="_blank">http://www.imperial.st </a>

They seem to imply that waiting too long can be detrimental to the jeans due to abrasive nature of raw denim. They recommend 4-6 months depending on how much you wear them.

What do you think? It seems a funny point, i mean it makes sense as far as I know about denim but i have never heard a brand assert this in their care instructions before for raw denim.

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

I think it's pretty silly too, john.

Isn't abrasion the whole point? icon_smile_tongue.gif

Regardless, I think there's no one "right" way to wash or not wash denim. I'm going to keep my Nudie Svens dry for about 8 months, but I'm washing my APCs every 2 - 3 weeks. I'm sure they're both going to look great.

yeah i thought so too. I didn't really follow exactly what they said my Duke's were 8 months i think before i washed them.

Does anyone else sit and look at their worn in jeans? Mine are so beautiful at the moment, would love it if they could stay this way forever.

I like looking at nice crisp raw denim with the tags still on. I also like to look at my worn in denim.

i have emailed the info on the site about this point, and they basically say that it depends on a persons body shape.

eg. if they have solid thighs then between the legs wears out cause of the abrasion that occurs when it is raw. Also, depends on the cut i suppose.

My feeling is companies when they are putting on wash instructions sometimes they cover themselves by putting on more careful instructions. Like some shirts should be able to be washed and tumble dried but to make sure none get returned they say only hand washed and line dried.

yes - a pair of rigid jeans can give your white shirts a blue hue by the end of the day but it will wash out with no problem

if you could simply swipe a pair of jeans over a white shirt and permanently stain it, everyone would be doing indigo dying and it wouldnt be such a hard and time consuming process

Quote:

yeah i thought so too. I didn't really follow exactly what they said my Duke's were 8 months i think before i washed them.

Does anyone else sit and look at their worn in jeans? Mine are so beautiful at the moment, would love it if they could stay this way forever.

--- Original message by johninger on Nov 1, 2005 05:14 PM

I'd prefer a hot date (followed by sex) with that chick working just round the corner from my office (still working on this), but yes, I do sit and look at my worn jeans, usually with a piece of sandpaper in my right hand (for the jeans, that is).

I personally don't think it matters how long you wait to wash the jeans. It depends on the wear. The eternal 811s and sugarcane 47s that are posted on the internet and that have great fading have been washed like 8 times a year. Both were washed within the first two months of purchasing.

But like i have said on many other posts.

Some of the best washes i have ever seen are on super old normal run of the mill 501 levis on middle aged men who have had their jeans for years and years.

They obviously bought them as a one wash/rinse wash. And have just worn them like a normal garment for years, no special treatment, but i guess we are an impatient generation and would like the contrast to appear quickly.

Hence, much of what is discussed on this board.