Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

Yes, my professor graduated from Columbia to pursue his phd in literature. Both columbia and nyu are expensive, but if you can get there, I'll go in a heartbeat.

As for Hamilton's curriculum, you might want to browse through their website.

Edited by kawsneffect

• 2 weeks later...

anyone on here done a PHD? currently gearing my Masters of Business towards further research in the marketing area. actually super excited about it, but it does mean i have to be in lock down for the next 18 months to get the grades i need.

Edited by jackg

• 2 weeks later...

anyone on here done a PHD? currently gearing my Masters of Business towards further research in the marketing area. actually super excited about it, but it does mean i have to be in lock down for the next 18 months to get the grades i need.

anyone at all?????

• 1 year later...

anyone here pursuing/have gotten an MFA in creative writing? i'm applying at the end of the year to fully-funded programs. the idea of paying for such a degree is (to me) pretty stupid

One of my buddies is at Sarah Lawrence for an MFA in creative writing. He really enjoys the experience, but struggles determining when something is 'finished.' Were it not for the fact he is a trust fund baby, he wouldn't be doing the program for it is unfunded.

i just skimmed thru hamilton's curriculum, you know how long is the program?

i've considered nyu, is columbia a decent choice?

This might be a bit too late but if you want to go to school for writing, you should really consider Hamilton.

One of my buddies is at Sarah Lawrence for an MFA in creative writing. He really enjoys the experience, but struggles determining when something is 'finished.' Were it not for the fact he is a trust fund baby, he wouldn't be doing the program for it is unfunded.

my cousin went to sarah lawrence, too. i guess i'm less interested in the name of the institution i attend and more on being allowed the time and the space to work on my writing. also it seems that state-run, fully-funded programs provide such support because all the students end up being TAs, and since I can definitely see teaching in my future, that route seems like the way to go for me. it's really difficult finding progressive nonfiction programs, though. wyoming and arizona are probably my top two. the only reason i'm not applying to iowa (aka best mfa in the country) is because i did undergrad there/i lived there for most of my life and don't really want to go back.

• 3 weeks later...