Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

lol no im just saying cuz i was accepted to usc's viterbi school of engineering and i turned it down for uci because im peasant status.. imagine if i went there, and then you transferred, and the whole stolen fiasco happened anyway haha

Better than guidos or kids rockin sweatpants and sweatshirts at rutgers.

haha definitely true. I get laugh sometimes out of it though when im bored at work, seeing people wearing the ridiculous stuff pass by me

Well, in the past two weekends, I've done overnights at Carleton and Macalester. Rural MN vs Minneapolis/St Paul, respectively. I'm really torn. Any students of either on here?

Not a student there, but I was deciding between the two when I visited last November. It helps to know that Carleton students are a lot "happier" than Mac students as Mac seems to be more stressful of a school, and that theres a bigger drug culture in Mac than in Carleton.

Also, i hear carleton doesn't let you own a car for your 4 years there, and it's really isolated, so if you were thinking about driving around MN, consider that.

Not a student there, but I was deciding between the two when I visited last November. It helps to know that Carleton students are a lot "happier" than Mac students as Mac seems to be more stressful of a school, and that theres a bigger drug culture in Mac than in Carleton.

Also, i hear carleton doesn't let you own a car for your 4 years there, and it's really isolated, so if you were thinking about driving around MN, consider that.

That's interesting. As far as I know, Carleton tends to be ranked higher than Mac, so I would've assumed stress levels were higher there. That's a hard thing to measure, though. The drug culture doesn't really bother me. I know my limits, and I quite like the whole "international environment" that is so often praised. I had a great time visiting Macalester this past weekend, as was just wondering what other people thought of it, before I pick it over Carleton.

That's interesting. As far as I know, Carleton tends to be ranked higher than Mac, so I would've assumed stress levels were higher there. That's a hard thing to measure, though. The drug culture doesn't really bother me. I know my limits, and I quite like the whole "international environment" that is so often praised. I had a great time visiting Macalester this past weekend, as was just wondering what other people thought of it, before I pick it over Carleton.

As an international who knows a lot of Mac kids and goes to a school with a similarly "international environment", be aware that international kids self-segregate A LOT.

That being said, my friends at Mac all love it there.

BTW, I chose to not buy into the scene, it has its advantages and disadvantages.

haha definitely true. I get laugh sometimes out of it though when im bored at work, seeing people wearing the ridiculous stuff pass by me

Yeah, rutgers has some good programs but most people there are stereotypically jersey. One thing they got going for them is the grease trucks, best food ever.

P.S. is warren still boring as hell?

how's the life at UCR?

It's alright. You can make it a good experience if you want to. Riverside isn't LA or SF, but you can have a good time if you put forth the effort. The downtown area can be cool, we have a bicycle gang and an annual underground art festival and all sorts of things like that.

And academically, I don't know a whole lot about anything outside of the psychology and sociology departments.

I really enjoy UCR, but if you don't get involved and find things to do, it can be boring as hell.