the tennis thread

Lab

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys think Federer's gonna fare for the rest of the year?

Losing the Aussie Open is definitely a disappointment, especially when the audience there roots for you the most. They love him at Wimbledon and the US Open too. Not so much at Roland, well, obviously because Nadal always wins Roland.

But it's hard not to like the guy. Fed used to be a quick temper guy like Safin.

fuck yea Nadal won i love watching him play!! that nigga puts so much spin and fuckin hooks that shit in like kwazy

Yeah im happy for Nadal, sad for Federer so it's hard to side with someone. But honestly, I'm for Fed, followed his uprising since the beginning, and glad to be a fan during his reign. Hoping to continue while he makes history.

Nadal was too good when he needed to be, and Federer blew it on crucial (and often easy) points. =\

• 4 months later...
he's obviously going to beat it, too.

everyone knows he has AT LEAST one more in him.

"AT LEAST one more"?

Federer is only 27!

Sampras was 31 or 32 when he won his 14th, and that was two years after he'd won his 13th. Everyone had written him off, and his conditioning was NEVER good.

Federer has much better conditioning and his game is dependent less on power than on shotmaking and court coverage.

I would say that Federer has the game and the endurance to win 2 Slams per year until he's 30. After that, he could probably still get a few more. I don't think that 20 Grand Slams is out of the question for Roger, at all.

nadal will play wimbledon

he has too much pride/hardheadedness to not defend his title

I actually don't think he's going to play Wimbledon.

Roger beating him on clay, and his loss to Soderling, have rocked his little tennis empire to its roots.

My hunch is that nothing's wrong with his knees, but that he'll end up pulling out of Wimbledon anyway to lay low until next season.

Nadal, or really his Uncle Toni, is smart. Toni knows that people are starting to figure out Nadal's game, and Soderling has now exposed his weakness.

As Nadal's physical prime ends (right now) he will need to figure out other ways to win. I think he is going to lay low and develop new weapons, to re-emerge next season as a new player.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Kinda think he's known for a whole lot more than that.

But it would probably mean more to both him and Djokovic if he wins. Like Djokovic's streak was broken by the eventual winner and Federer's journey to finally beating Nadal at the French open included ending the streak. Though doesn't seem like it's goin' to happen.