chronic spending problem

aitsuka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm in school, make absolute fucking shit wages, and put all my money towards clothing, car insurance, or buying shit to resell so I get even more money to put towards the exact same things. Also I surf Y! japan auctions daily even when I'm dead broke.

hello AlmostEveryoneOnSufu

Guest Dubmaster
When we have nothing left to give

There will be no reason for us to live

But when we have nothing left to lose

You will have nothing left to use

We owe you nothing you have no control

Merchandise keeps us in line

Common sense says it's by design

What could a businessman ever want more

than to have us sucking in his store

We owe you nothing

You have no control

You are not what you own

EVERYTHING YOU OWN IS A PIECE OF YOUR OWN DEATH!

That's a beautiful quote, is that your's? Or who is it atributed to?

You all are going to die poor.

Poor and unfashionable.

Hahahahaha.

Losers.

*Hint: Setup an monthly automatic deduction from your savings account that invests in a mutual fund, pension fund, whatever. Also, setup a 401k. It's invisible and seemless. You'll be investing without even thinking about it.

i know it's fairly pedestrian and not cutting edge, but i find following the 60% rule works.

fixed expenses=60%

savings/short-term savings=10%

retirement=10%

long term investing=10%

piss away=10%

You all are going to die poor.

Poor and unfashionable.

Hahahahaha.

Losers.

*Hint: Setup an monthly automatic deduction from your savings account that invests in a mutual fund, pension fund, whatever. Also, setup a 401k. It's invisible and seemless. You'll be investing without even thinking about it.

Guest Phrost
Also, 99% of the shit on recent purchases sucks.

I doubt most of you will get half the price you paid for it on sufu-market.

this is true. i find that waiting for things on sale helps. big discount stores that have flexible return policies like century 21 are great.

you guys need to go thrift shopping more often. on my most recent vacation I checked out 3 stores, the first being a goodwill. I found a barely used polo ralph lauren slim fit leather bomber jacket for $40 that would easily cost $~300 at macy's. it often helps going to stores located near clusters of factory outlets, because they get all the leftovers and local residents are also likely to donate clothes they themselves have purchased. just my .02

Oh man, I have exactely the same thing. I buy shit, I don't even have the money for. I be like; "oh whatever, I'll pay that shit back next month". Half of my closet hasn't been worn and still has tags attached to it. Some items are from like f/w last year and still haven't been worn.

About two weeks ago, I forced myself to stop this. Pay back everything I 'lend' from my savings account and stop buying a load of crap. What really helped me, was making a list of thing I 'needed'. I'm already broke as fuck, while September hasn't even started yet.

But I notice, I get a bit down from not spending. Maybe I have that psycological disease, that I have to spend to feel good. Like a fucking crack addict.