What you'll look like this F/W 08

homi29

Just a thread to discuss what kinds of looks you want to put together for fall. Fall is one of my favorite seasons in terms of fashion just because it's just cool enough to wear alot of layers , accessories and styles.

I'm really trying to branch out my style and go for looks that incorporate more accesories and layers. Not only that but i'm trying to build a wardrobe that actually works together instead of owning way too many random pieces.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop reading my mind, Homi.

I'm trying to edit my wardrobe into something more useful; right now it feels like I have two very different ones, and therefore a lot of stuff doesn't work with other things. As summer ends I'm trying to mature it a bit; less hoodies, more cardigans. A lot more oxfords. For the first time in my life I'm going to seriously look into a good pair of boots. I look at the season's collections from BoO and Geller as my main influence, even though I don't see myself having a ton of pieces from either.

s/s coming up here

slim, longish tees

black denim

simple sneakers and (hopefully) a nice pair of boots

leather jackets and some sort of light coat

sort of what im going for but for less temperate climates. I'm looking for a nice trench and leather. I think denim is fine for me right now but i need a pair of skinny raws (skulls maybe).

I am also eventually in need of a winter parka (love longer fishtail type jackets and some kind of wool coat)

I dont think goth ninja really works for me but maybe nu tech ninja would be an appropriate term.

i'm trying to build a wardrobe that actually works together instead of owning way too many random pieces.

Co-sign to this.

Not got my eye on too many pieces, other than a new Down Jacket, but a nice warm roll up beanie will be an essential purchase if my Grandmother can't knit me one!

for this s/s

rolled light drill cotton pants

slim dark cotton pants

Slim Indigo jeans

light slim tees

light long hoodies (I have my eye on you)

simple sneaks (need to find)

chunky boots

long necklaces

Fall is undecided but possibly containing if not leather jackets, then leather detailing.. as homi mentioned fishtail parkas maybe super heavy coats and long sleevless cardis

i was sorta facing the same dilemma as you a couple of months ago..didnt know whether i wanted to go in this style or that style, didnt know if i wanted more colors or keep shit black, etcetc, but i've come to terms with all that now and i really dont mind having lots of random pieces as long as i know i can pull it off...there are always some pieces you wear more than others anyway..

as always i am gonna take lots of inspiration from nn and junya. this f/w(and beyond) i want to be a preppy moth with a splash of workwear/americana and punk...basically i want to look like the lovechild of the horrors, the who, and a farmer. or something.

gonna buy a suit soon. gonna try and really achieve balance between high end shit and dirt cheap/vintage stuff.

chore coats

vests (charcoal plaid Filson wool vest is my main piece... love it.)

cardigans

oxford bd´s

the occasional plaid wool tie

plaid flannels

knit scarfes

watch caps and wool felt bucket hats

loose fitting denim and duck pants

red wings/bean boots/ timberland hand sewns.

probably will have a pretty boxy silhuette all in all. I used to balance out boxier tops with slimmer pants, but I think ill go for a baggier look now...

Alot of layers. Workwear/trad/street vibe.

I need to grow my style this fall/winter

I want to be wearing:

Boots - Desert Boots/I would love to get a pair of brown ankle boots with a strap

Jackets - Mostly Parkas, lighter and heavier weight, with a peacoat thrown in once in a while

Shirts - BoO Oxfords, I want a classic blue one, I'd probably wear it multiple times a week, I would also like 1-2 flannels in rotation

Jeans - I want a new pair that fits like apc new cures with less stretch and a lower rise

Also more layers, sweaters over oxfords, cardigans over oxfords, etc

Getting inspiration from BoO/NDG

i have like 5 favorite sweaters, shirts, jeans, pants, shoes, etc.

will rotate:

prada grey suit

jil sander blue suit

raf moto sweater

raf center detail sweater

couple of RO sweaters and long sleeve tees

raf patterend sweater from a/w 06

aa lightweight thermals

j. lindeberg moss pants

jill sander moleskin pants

dior mij 19cm

apc new cure

ann d tuxedo pants

raf dropped crotch

raf abstract panelled dress pants

filippa k mid-weight parka

alpha maroon flight jacket

margiela bomber

moncler k2 for colder days

old helmut lang pea coat over a suit

for shoes, probably raf astros, cp white high, augustas and my vass oxfords

more shirts. . . less tees.

buttons, collars, knits, layers

big coat, easy fitting pants, russelmocs/quoddy trail boots for the dead of winter

wool knit sweaters

more modern upscale mens designers for fall

geller/nomd/raf if i can find it

slim jeans

more accessorizing, hopefully

less color, more tonal

I'm really trying to branch out my style and go for looks that incorporate more accesories and layers. Not only that but i'm trying to build a wardrobe that actually works together instead of owning way too many random pieces.

random pieces are the best imo, otherwise it's really easy to look styled or like a clone. though i grant you i don't really care that much if i walk out of the apt looking like a clown (those who have met me will attest to this).

really, all i ask is that i get another fall with my l/s 06/07 spurs away shirt with berbs on the back.

I'll see your tilley and raise you a tricorner.

No-one will ever see my tilley because I already sent it to my dad, a man truly unashamed of wearing a wool bucket hat with earflaps and a chinstrap to work in the winter.