Chore coats

superBobo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Lets bump this one up.

I have been looking at snaggin a chore coat for this fall/winter. I am looking for something duck/regular denim (not wabash or hickory) or canvas, with or without blanket lining. I saw flash's Evisu one the other day that really got me thinking. My question is, what is out there?

Warehouse?

Fullcount?

SDA?

Where do you find these? 

Edited by Graytrain

There's also the Lee "First Smart Coat" line that are made out of japanese selvedge fabrics (also available non-selvedge for more cheap). I tried one of those on, they fit pretty modern (slim sleeves and overall slimness) and look more like a casual blazer than 1940s janitor. I guess you could just size up for layering and a more sack like fit.

I returned it because I tried a hickory variant and then realized that I don't have that many shirts in my wardrobe it would go with.

Hello everyone, I was wondering if one of you knowledgeable people could tell me exactly how the watch chain buttonhole on some of these jackets is supposed to be used. My rogue territory jacket has one, and I was curious about how to use it.

Ahh I always wondered what that was for. Thanks Gardernerfan for clearing that up.

I've a got a Tenderloin Chore Coat in medium Im getting rid of if anyone is interested. 

Check out what Naoki-san have in stock over at Pants shop avenue. I recall he has chore coats at least from SDA, Denime and Sugar Cane.

Thanks for the recommend. I didnt know about this shop. Thanks. 

That stevenson is gorgeous. Thank you. 

Looks like Ooe Yofukuten is planning to release something chore-coat-like shirt, might be worth waiting for.

Where did you see this? I couldnt find anything in their blog or store?? I would be very interested. 

Ooe posted it on their Instagram: https://instagram.com/ooe_yofukuten/

wow that is gorgeous. another in the running. 

I am still trying to figure out what I like and dont like about whats out there. I think I want a straight denim coat that is lighter, in the 10 oz range that isnt too long. I saw this one on instagram also but I can only find it in wabash

https://instagram.com/p/5TwFsztcFX/

So... wow... I am honestly blown away. I decided to go with the Orslow 40s chore coat (coverall). I had read some great things about their denim but really couldn't find much about them or much of their clothing. I REALLY wasn't prepared for how gorgeous this coat is. 

G8nFERt.jpg

The denim is a rich blue (darker than above) with an unbleached weft, very rough, hairy and irregular. 

UPtnNdX.jpg

the details are beautiful, bartacked pockets, chainstitch runoff and aged laurel buttons. 

FQCC8rG.jpg

0aict7G.jpg

JLgJdvV.jpg

and the puckering is already unreal. This is going to age so beautifully. I am seriously impressed. 

I don't know why there isn't more info about this brand around. 

hdeKsXD.jpg

I found this post in another thread, thought I would x-post it over here.

Here's a 1940's chore jacket with a simple four button front with two front pockets and stand collar construction. The war time laurel wreath buttons are lightly rusted and have a cool patina. The ring spun denim has beautiful fades from years of wear and some interesting loom chatter.

chorefront.jpg

Choreback.jpg

Chorecollar.jpg

Choresleeve.jpg

Chorebutton.jpg

• 4 years later...

IMG_20200117_135908.thumb.jpg.e06acaf4284fba2fdf4a61581c2de9c5.jpg

My current favorite is the Utility Jacket by Engineered Garments. Picked one up after seeing Flash's pics and pretty much wore it everyday during fall/winter/spring Just bought the same jacket in a ecru-ish color from Grailed this week

I think your favorite brand OOE is releasing two coats soon? @aho

Edited by goodrain

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

IMG_20200117_135908.thumb.jpg.e06acaf4284fba2fdf4a61581c2de9c5.jpg

My current favorite is the Utility Jacket by Engineered Garments. Picked one up after seeing Flash's pics and pretty much wore it everyday during fall/winter/spring Just bought the same jacket in a ecru-ish color from Grailed this week

I think your favorite brand OOE is releasing two coats soon? @aho

How could I forget?! Much appreciated @goodrain , Cone denim too, maybe that was my subliminal cue to pique my interest...