Chore coats

superBobo

6171154320_44c243031e.jpg

New Duck. Size small. For reference 168 lbs. 6'

Fits a little more like a shirt-jac instead of "coat", per se. Will be great when broken-in.

Just got mine as well. Love it. I will definitely be tailoring the collar down a bit.

here's my modified 70's deadstock pointer. Took about an inch off the collar and the hem. Also tried to make a cutaway opening which works OK but doesn't hold up to close scrutiny

dcpgrq.jpg

Atelier la durance

[

15yvsj5.jpg

(both old WAYWT pics)

^ nice mods mr. black. much more proportionate.

blueoct.fan - i'll get those measurements tomorrow if no one posts sooner.

collar is rather LARGE! not sure if i could swing modifying on my own. you guys tailor yourself?

^ nice mods mr. black. much more proportionate.

blueoct.fan - i'll get those measurements tomorrow if no one posts sooner.

collar is rather LARGE! not sure if i could swing modifying on my own. you guys tailor yourself?

Am also the same size as you guys.

Yes, i did the mods myself. The jacket only cost me about $20 so if it'd all gone wrong the loss woud be minimal.

maybe he's actually into it himself. I think he is, as a wardrobe guy wouldn't dress him like that all the time. Hollywood wardrobe guys would mix and match stuff, he's totally in workwear.

What size would you want? I have a friend who owns a London denim store that I help out in every now & then and I know for sure he has one size medium hidden in his storeroom, but he has a habit of keeping one of most things for his own personal collection so he may not be willing to let it go.

I can always ask tho...

^ Thanks tiger! Hmm - didn't even think of the shrinkage factor. Hope they will still fit after a wash!

Edit: Yea, the price makes a little extra customization easy to take... You mean they were even less last year? Great value!

I have two Pointer Jackets and if anyone is planning to buy them just keep in mind they shrink quite a bit after a wash. My hickory stripe specifically shrunk up nicely which was good because it felt a little large unwashed.

what size do you have? measurements post wash?

I have had two pointers, a white drill for work, and the denim one for fun. Both are Mediums and fit like it, also I didn't find either of them to shrink much, but i only cold soaked and hanged dry.

I have had these chore coats for awhile now, but unfortunately they are too small anymore.

Both are cotton duck, look identical up close but the 1st is worn and the 2nd is still raw/rigid.

6186832209_60fb72ef74_z.jpg

6187315158_ac2be0961e_z.jpg

6187317612_b3e8de445b_z.jpg

6186799389_600f60c700_z.jpg

I love this Osh kosh but the fit just doesn't work on my tall frame. I have never seen one with this wool flannel lining.

6186808545_7680c48a48_z.jpg

6186810781_6f0a23f431_z.jpg

I like the pointer jacket, but I have come accustomed to felled seams along the side seam and around the shoulder. A single seam there feels flimsy although it may not be. I think I will fell the seams and then bring the collar in a bit and round it off this weekend.

I'll take some photos. I think I will do the collar this weekend and maybe the seams the weekend after. I am pretty busy this next week, but hopefully I can make it happen.