Chore coats

superBobo

@ borkborkbork...I e-mailed those guys to ask about shipping (to the UK) and they replied almost immediately and were really helpful.

Shoot them an email: [email protected] or, Today i spoke with Miarinda - maybe give her a shout: [email protected]

Im after the Duck in a medium too - but will have to wait for the long shipping time - will measure it when it arrives if you like?

Thanks

co-sign on above, i am tempted by the porter duck chore coat. im tall but my shoulders are super narrow, my guess is that the L will be too wide shoulders and chest, but the M will be too short in the sleeves. anyone able to offer some measurements?

The sleeves on these are on the long side.

would it be possible to purchase the White Drill chore coat from Pointer and dye it black?

does anyone think this would turn out good (I have never dyed a garment before)

Not sure about dying but I think Urban Outfitters was selling a black version of the Pointer Chore Coat at one time, might be some out in the wild to be had.

There's a camo version here

@ borkborkbork...I e-mailed those guys to ask about shipping (to the UK) and they replied almost immediately and were really helpful.

Shoot them an email: [email protected] or, Today i spoke with Miarinda - maybe give her a shout: [email protected]

Im after the Duck in a medium too - but will have to wait for the long shipping time - will measure it when it arrives if you like?

Thanks

You could've ordered one from here:

http://www.theamericaground.com/pointer-brand/coats-jackets

would it be possible to purchase the White Drill chore coat from Pointer and dye it black?

does anyone think this would turn out good (I have never dyed a garment before)

Take it from somebody who died a bunch of things black in the 80's....it doesn't work very well. They usually turn out kind of grayish after a couple of washings. This was with RIT dye.

did a little write up on my duck pointer chore coat. some info on the sizing, i'm 6'1 and about 195 - i am wearing a L and it fits good, the sleeve openings are really tiny though, so i usually leave it unbuttoned. i typically wear XL in engineered garments work shirts to give a comparison. it's a really good deal for the price, lightweight and you can layer over it - mine was actually bought from the old lot of the duck they were using, but i don't think the new is any different.

http://simplethreads.co/2011/09/14/pointer-brand-chore-coat/

6148710818_67c54b65b1_b.jpg

6148160243_0743ba0b7b_b.jpg

6148711878_6c41de39c4_b.jpg

6148162925_2e41f8ae7e_b.jpg

6148713312_64a8b3c153_b.jpg

6148164215_08b8d1aa15_b.jpg

I love the buttons on the duck pointer. Can't wait for cooler weather down south so I can start wearing mine.

I got a steal on this Universal Overall Co chore coat on Ebay. You guys were seriously asleep at the wheel on this one. Doesn't fit me but it's pretty awesome.

DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

Anyone with the new pointer duck chore coat, does it shrink much after washing?

I'm not sure whether to get size XS or S, and I'm 5'9'', 159.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You're pretty much me size wise, and I got a small. They've got a pretty nice return and exchange policy if I need to go smaller - 30 days I think. I am curious about shrinking potential though.

Hi guys. I just wanted to share my two cents on the Pointer chore coats. I ordered 4 of them last year. Denim, duck, hickory, and a blanket lined. I'll just say that compared to a garment from K&TH, Mister Freedom, or 45RPM the quality isn't in the same ballpark (as I'm sure you might expect). They're great for the price, but the fabrics just don't feel very sturdy to me and the hardware feels light as well. Sorry if I needed not say that, but I didn't want anyone to spend a dollar to get a product they didn't expect.

probably too big for me, but thanks^

300.jpg

saw this on svpply. buckshotsonnys x pointer camo chore coat

They only made five of them! What a fucking joke!!!!

I wanted one so bad till I read they sold out of the five they made. So mad.

That's some lame exclusive sneaker head type shit.