about 2K

skcorpio

I don't know if you can give an opinion on 2K, since all of their shirts are from different artists.

You either like that artist or you don't. I equate getting 2k shirts like picking up a lithograph of an artist you like. I like some of the designs they've had in the past and continue to do.. but like I said that's just my personal taste on what artist's happen to do a shirt and less so on 2K as a brand.

BUT I do hate that they ONLY print on american apparel shirts. Too clingy, the neck is too scooped and they just feel too thin. That and they overexposed themselves a little too much, too soon losing the novelty appeal of their shirts... but that's business.

I liked 2k about 4 years ago before they branched into the US. but yeah, their shirts are a bit shit and they have overexposed themselves a bit---ironic considering their mission statement says something about them being anti-mass marketing. whatever.

I look at 2K as being yet another Japanese company with $ who single handledly went out and offered large sums of money to every artist they could find just so they could corner the market.

if they move, kill 'em.

^

I dunno. maybe they decided Gingham was a stupid name and changed it to 2k. all I know is, when they were known as Gingham they actually had decent quality tees, in fact, I still wear my Gingham tees from 4 years ago. but ever since they switched to American Apparel I stopped buying their shit. don't get me wrong, sweat shop free tees are great but when the quality suffers I can't bring myself to spend $30 for a tee that'll shrink to nothing after I wash it.

if they move, kill 'em.

ginghams looked like any other tee in the market. the only difference between early gingham stuff and 2k stuff is the hangtag....gingham didn't use them at the time. i've got 2 She One tees from Gingham, both are decent quality. I later bought a She One tee when they became 2k and the shirt was too small. i'll never buy 2k again.

if they move, kill 'em.

the 2k's are great they speak to the indvidual. the only downside is if the artist falls off and starts producing shit your stuck. so stick with an artist who will never change i.e. basquiat or warhol