Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back on this season, my hopes were for the most part let down. Sizing wasnt fixed completely, Maroon Down Jacket was made out of shiny material, never released the kings thermal, Fitteds were kinda bunk, Fine Gauge beanies fit like a condom for the head, mini mag lite has served me well and while the flannels could have been longer, i did get a lot of use out of them for work.

Yup, pretty much wrote that so people would see the sig link.

Looking back on this season, my hopes were for the most part let down. Sizing wasnt fixed completely, Maroon Down Jacket was made out of shiny material, never released the kings thermal, Fitteds were kinda bunk, Fine Gauge beanies fit like a condom for the head, mini mag lite has served me well and while the flannels could have been longer, i did get a lot of use out of them for work.

Yup, pretty much wrote that so people would see the sig link.

i thought the mini mags were lame, the whole point of a mag lite is that they're indestructible - not a keychain.

i thought it was a great season - my personal faves were the chore jacket, varsity, black hawks beanie, blue posse snapback, grey mini messenger, anarchy pin, blue 3 color flannel and nefertiti in black.

i saw that floral box cap that was in the book on yahoo japan so i'm assuming that was a japan-only release. unfortunate because i liked it.

highlights for me this season were the military shirts, black hawks beanie (black), chore jacket (navy), teal 3-color flannel, wool cruiser, black posse snapback, and the navy mountain parka.

i think this season was fucking great.

chore jacket

duck hooded jacket

blackhawks beanie

backpack

mtn vans

leather down

mntn parka

the original big wide check flannel in navy w/ the thin white a red stripes was off the chain.

jfk t

military shirts

great shit all around. def better than s/s 09.

btw does any1 know if backpacks are going on sale? i konw they typically don't, but i really want a grey one badly... cant afford 160$

I actually use it on my keys. Not as a key chain but to always have an indestructible (within reason) flashlight with me. Flannels are always great in terms of designs that aren't used widely, however i still wish they would go back to 06 with the length sizing for them (as well as every other item).

For me I enjoy the items that are either unique entirely to the brand or a good color or design of an already existing item. While the chore and duck jackets were both pretty stellar, i stuck with Carhartt for those items because other than the railroad stripes(? i know there is a proper term for this style), they were basically the same but more expensive. Had i liked the stripes, one of those would have been purchased.

I liked the maroon down when i saw a cad drawing of it but it didnt convey the shine material of it. Bummed there.

Preferred the stripe script beanie(same material/style as blackhawk) but missed the boat somehow on that.

Loose gauges were nice and in colors not readily found, plus i always like the tab. Should have mentioned that earlier. Wool cruiser was also mistakenly left off. **EDIT: grey peruvian sweater was also well liked by me.

I was actually psyched on the Olympic beanie until i found it to be real tight. Same goes for fine gauge and snowman (with the addition of those 2 being to short on my head).

Most of my camp cap purchases were later regret resells or had the box logo removed and worn plain.

I like both Kinda blue and Nefertiti. I went cheap skate with those and didnt buy.

Mtn parka will most likely be sold. It is nice but it only played to my love of jkts. This is an example of an item i wish was produced by Patagonia, North Face, Etc. A quality, color blocked, water proof jkt with a good patch would be bought in spades by me. Supreme while it had those qualities is actually not so water proof.

Posse snap back i liked but no more than the ones from 07.

there is a nice mountain parka by penfield on sale in their webstore for just over $100. might offer more technically than the supreme ones.

i'm the same way with jackets. i buy so many of them and wear maybe 2 consistently .. although the m-65 got alot of hate, i like mine. the fit is nice, and for the sale price it was a nice deal .. the inner lining does bother me, though.

i thought f/w08 was good. stuff i was stoked on:

-chinos: navy was a dope addition and it's nice to have them w/out the reinforced seat now...just wish they would have done grey as well

-grey peruvian sweater (sounds lame, but wish this had a tab on it)

-grey oxford

-tartan plaid button downs

-mini stripe work shirt

-grey/black madras check shirt

-flannels (cream tonal, navy plaid, navy 3-color, navy glen plaid)

-brown cord duffel coat

-navy down jacket (i really like this...it's lightweight and warm and the nylon they used on it is quite soft; the goose painting patch on the inside is sick as well, i just wish it had a tab on the jacket ha)

-loose guage beanies

-box caps (lots of good ones: plaid cord, cord/suede, ski lodge, jacquard stripe, camo check)

I actually use it on my keys. Not as a key chain but to always have an indestructible (within reason) flashlight with me.

Flannels are always great in terms of designs that aren't used widely, however i still wish they would go back to 06 with the length sizing for them (as well as every other item).

that's cool, i bought another mag lite when they restocked just to have an extra for the car. but the mini one seemed pretty useless unless you're one of those guys with a big wad of a million keys hitched like a high school janitor.

i agree on the flannels but aside from the 3 color ones they were pretty disappointing after the oversized ones from fw07 and eye popping ss08.

For me I enjoy the items that are either unique entirely to the brand or a good color or design of an already existing item. While the chore and duck jackets were both pretty stellar, i stuck with Carhartt for those items because other than the railroad stripes(? i know there is a proper term for this style), they were basically the same but more expensive. Had i liked the stripes, one of those would have been purchased.

hickory stripes. i would be happy to go with carhartt if they had anything that didn't look like a balloon on me

i just embrace the boxy look. However, there are a plethora of solid to above solid tailors on/around Orchard st(rivington and stanton as cross), that have stupid cheap prices. Given Carhartts price point and varied sales outlets, you can find a jacket to your liking and just have it brought in a little.