Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the over-under on the jacket? i'm gonna say 700. the boots are nice too, but not my thing. the hats and beanies are just there - standard collab bs. question of the year: will there be a t-shirt?!?!? will vis stoop that low?

from what i've heard, the beanie will be around $300 (cashmere), the boots will be around $400, the cap will be around $80, and the jacket will be in the $1000 range.

from what i've heard, the beanie will be around $300 (cashmere), the boots will be around $400, the cap will be around $80, and the jacket will be in the $1000 range.

300 for a cashmire beanie. awesome.

and i think the boots are gonna be more. aren't the regular visvim serras around 400?

Japanese pricing is as follows...

93450 JPY for the Tradesman 3L jacket (approximately $1046 USD)

42000 JPY for the Serra Ascents (approximately $470 USD)

26250 JPY for theCashmere Knit Beane (approximately $294 USD)

7350 JPY for the Camp Cap (approximately $83 USD)

January 2nd release

Japanese pricing is as follows...

93450 JPY for the Tradesman 3L jacket (approximately $1046 USD)

42000 JPY for the Serra Ascents (approximately $470 USD)

26250 JPY for theCashmere Knit Beane (approximately $294 USD)

7350 JPY for the Camp Cap (approximately $83 USD)

January 2nd release

for the visvim produced stuff i would add 10-20% to get US retail. though maybe they'll sell below rrp because no way that stuff is going to move at those prices unless stupid limited.

no way that camp cap is going to be above $60 in the us.

Serra's seem like the only price-appropriate item, too bad they're ugly as fuck... All in all it's a pretty shitty collaboration, although I am interested in seeing how the jacket comes out.

yeah i'm going to have to agree with you. the jacket definitely looks promising, but as seenmy said eariler, the branding overkill is a little much.

if i do get anything from this drop it will be the box cap. the leather strap is a nice touch and it will be interesting to see what the cap is constructed of.

isn't all the branding (those small box logos everyone) just on the inside of the jacket? the box caps are going to be the only sell outs b/c it's the only thing remotely affordable. sucks that the drop is on a friday when every kid in new york doesn't have school.

isn't all the branding (those small box logos everyone) just on the inside of the jacket? the box caps are going to be the only sell outs b/c it's the only thing remotely affordable. sucks that the drop is on a friday when every kid in new york doesn't have school.

yeah, it looks that way, but it's still a little much imo.

i'm definitely going to see if i can get one of the box caps held for me so i don't have to deal with the insanity.

i'll speak to that since i live in a beach city near san diego.

hooded field coat has a fur ruff which means it's the male equivalent of ugg boots. you're going to look weird and inappropriate wearing it most of the time in southern california. the down jacket = are you crazy? i get to wear my down jacket for about one month a year (starting last week until about the second week of january when the santa ana kicks back up). i also have a penfield goose down jacket that i basically get to wear never.

the supreme m-65 jacket isn't particularly nice or good for southern california, especially compared to your various technical fabric or gore-tex options that you would be able to wear year round by switching up the layering.

i'd go for the wool cruiser. it's a dope trad style, it makes a nice statement without sticking out too much in so cal. you could put a thermal and a shirt under it and wear it with a pair of jeans or chinos for winter, alternately you try wearing it with a tee and shorts for a nighttime bonfire on a windy spring or fall night.

gotta disagree with that. not all that familiar with the weather out there, but the cruiser is probably the heaviest weight jacket this season. and just the fact that it's wool makes it look warmer than it is. same thing for the m65. same reasoning for the down. they all look warm and thus out of place in nice weather.

i'd get the mountain parka for that weather, with a hoodie, it would do you the best. but since that wasn't on your list...

the hooded field coat is your best bet. yes, you will look like a clown with the fur, but the fur comes off - it's connected to the hood via a few buttons. and of the jackets you listed, it's the lightest weight - a thin outer layer and a thin lining, nothing else. and it also looks the lightest, it's a chino material, as opposed to wool or down-puff.

on a tangent, why is everyone hatin on this year's m65. yes, it's not anywhere near as nice as the moleskin. i wish i got that when i had the chance. but it's no worse than the wool from last year. i know R is gonna bite my head off for this, but it's not - the wool is a little rougher, and some might not like that b/c it may feel of lesser quality. but i think it matches the military style more than a finer smooth wool. my only gripe on it is the lining. and the fit is so much better than last years, a little more smedium, but that's how i like it - fits me so much better than winter jackets from other years.

on a tangent, why is everyone hatin on this year's m65. yes, it's not anywhere near as nice as the moleskin. i wish i got that when i had the chance. but it's no worse than the wool from last year. i know R is gonna bite my head off for this, but it's not - the wool is a little rougher, and some might not like that b/c it may feel of lesser quality. but i think it matches the military style more than a finer smooth wool. my only gripe on it is the lining. and the fit is so much better than last years, a little more smedium, but that's how i like it - fits me so much better than winter jackets from other years.

i agree with you here. never bought the moleskin when i had the chance - wish i had, but i am totally happy with this seasons m65. i had heard from someone who had a chance to check it out before it dropped and he had told me that it wasn't that nice at all and that the fit was terrible. when i finally got a chance to check it out, i was thoroughly surprised. it's a nice jacket for sure, and it's a great deal at it's current sale price.

and i also agree about the cruiser. jacket is heavier than the m65 and if you wore that in even 60 degree weather you'd be sweating if you did anything remotely physical in it.

that jacket looks like it was made for homos. shit is wack and not worth more than 200 looks like a carhart car coat. whoever cops that thinking there the shit cause its limited and pricy is just a tool in my book.

cashmere beanies are pretty tight, but for that price? i dont think, i think they should have done another scarve and a winter vest wouldve been better.