Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my web order in. I gotta be honest, the quality just hasn't been up to par on the last few drops. I love the flannel colorways, but it's pretty thin, and the shirts are mad thin, plus still a little smedium compared to older ones.

A few of the older shirts I have are still lookin brand new, and mad thick, but the new shirts just seem way thinner to me. Eh, still gonna rock the Black Pres, whaetever

yeah the oxfords are still a bit young for a size L oh well

Just got my web order in. I gotta be honest, the quality just hasn't been up to par on the last few drops. I love the flannel colorways, but it's pretty thin, and the shirts are mad thin, plus still a little smedium compared to older ones.

I feel like the flannels are suppose to be light weight earlier in the season... They have heavy flannels coming later this season. (bottom right of scan)

supreme-2008-fw-lookbook-cooltrans-9.jpg

that 'heavy plaid' flannel looks exactly like the navy 'shadow plaid' flannel, maybe they're the same thing

same colorway, but the colors are layered different... the shadow almost creates lines of color rather than the chercker-board style of the heavy. I have the navy shadow, and it appears more red than the pictured heavy aswell.

I hope the heavy flannel is quiltted lined.

everyone see the other mag pics that went along w/that cool trans scan?:

http://hypebeast.com/2008/09/cool-trans-supreme-2008-fallwinter-lookbook/

good stuff

also Supreme opened a new shop in Nagoya and they've got a japanese online shop (www.supremenewyork.jp)

craze

also gotta say what up to readytoignite, dude is chill!, old guys unite, mbv, holla! :D

everyone see the other mag pics that went along w/that cool trans scan?:

http://hypebeast.com/2008/09/cool-trans-supreme-2008-fallwinter-lookbook/

good stuff

also Supreme opened a new shop in Nagoya and they've got a japanese online shop (www.supremenewyork.jp)

craze

also gotta say what up to readytoignite, dude is chill!, old guys unite, mbv, holla! :D

nice one, got back to business straightaway with quality info as always.

3 color buffalo flannel... someone's gonna get hurt.

can't believe the football tops were the first thing to sell out in japan

nice one, got back to business straightaway with quality info as always.

3 color buffalo flannel... someone's gonna get hurt.

can't believe the football tops were the first thing to sell out in japan

for real? that's one of my fav low-end items this season.

side note: that black and white striped l/s t from the cool trans feature looks really dope. it's a well styled feature.

i would say you cant get the exact same shirt, and probably not the exact same quality + cut from any other company...

using that argument is a slippery slope...but not one that hasn't been brought up on here before...

i think the consensus is that as superfuturians we pay a lot more money for certain "hyped" brands...though the hype may be deserved, due to better quality, materials, fit...

i would say you cant get the exact same shirt, and probably not the exact same quality + cut from any other company...

using that argument is a slippery slope...but not one that hasn't been brought up on here before...

i think the consensus is that as superfuturians we pay a lot more money for certain "hyped" brands...though the hype may be deserved, due to better quality, materials, fit...

The same exact colors or look I can agree. However Supremes quality is just as shitty as the next company. The "quality" statement i've found is said by older or more discerning consumers that dont want to admit they fall victim to hype or trend. Take any of their "waterproof" jackets. If you ever been in the rain these items saturate way to fast to be even considered the lowest grade of proofing.

Backpacks fall apart, threads come loose easily, etc.

I like a lot of the clothing but its always based on look. The quality thing i just have never seen.

the crewnecks are my favorite preme item, they are just so fucking thick

i have got a made in canada thermal that blows any other thermal away

i like the feeling of the flannels and button downs...

i agree with you on the jackets though, definitely not worth the exorbitant prices!

Carhartt and Champion both make a thick crewneck. Uniqlo, Gap, Banana Rep all make oxfords that are in the same style and colors as the ones supreme makes.

The flannel colors are always real sharp, but they feel the same as any.

Thermal is a thermal in my book.

The jackets always look good to me, as far as the ones im inclined to like. That is the reason i buy if i do.

I agree with Ms. Sally, I buy the stuff because I like the way it looks, and because the details are usually well thought out, but I'm not trying to convince myself that Supreme has some magical higher level of quality. Too many other brands are just as good or pretty damn close for less money. Doesn't mean I'll choose the cheaper alternative all the time, but let's not kid ourselves that we are getting too much more for the money.

new college series hoodies were in today: hood logo pullovers, script zip-ups, and veritas crewnecks. kind of like a rugged version of wings+horns tiger fleece, cyc-made and in really nice colors.

can't say i agree with the shitty quality argument on these pieces (and much of the sweats/cut and sews)...these were thick, detailed and cut well. worth it for me.