Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supertrash here we come....

a few editorial comments since this is ostensibly a fashion thread:

- ll bean factor is off the charts across the board. i do like a couple of the minor themes such as cooperstown & hunting lodge

- the fleeces all suck (regardless of cyc involvement)

- veritas crew is that "property of harvard athletic dept" t-shirt that the prep wannabes would sport during gym class (the same ones that, if they actually got into harvard, would say they go to school "in boston")

- the 5 panel caps actually look better than the new eras on the whole (3 S excluded) - i particularly like the "america's worst nightmare" detailing on the diamond patch and the halftone one looks semi promising.

- i appreciate that this year's varsity is not some patched-up, overbranded monstrosity.

- messenger bag also looks promising, plus a mini murse version. embossed logo not so obvious on other backpack colorways

- the jfk t-shirt creeps me out - i have mixed feelings about it; it's certainly the most provocative t-shirt design i've seen in a while so i guess kudos for that. hopefully it doesn't have any lame print on the back that destroys its ambiguity

- flannels are pretty disappointing considering the last two seasons.

a few shopping notes:

- i'm wondering if there's more to the webshop than the thumbnails in the same way as the previews, seems crazy there's no t-shirts or button downs up there.

- i am fully expecting a price hike across the board on all the cut and sewn

plus pay attention noobs:

- THE WEBSHOP WILL NOT LIKELY ACCEPT PAYPAL

- THE WEBSHOP WILL NOT LIKELY SHIP OUTSIDE THE US OR TO A DIFFERENT ADDRESS THAN THE BILLING ADDRESS ON THE CREDIT CARD

- WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO BUY OR HAVE BOUGHT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING INTERESTING TO SAY ABOUT IT, REALLY

im well happy with this season,i would wear nearly all of it

essentially, the same. except for some of the hats and the beanies. too flashy...

dobby hoody

veritas

varsity jacket

scarf

leather down jacket

leather bomber

light plaid

box plaid

chore jacket

backpack

stiped sweater

striped zip hoodie

field pants

jfk t

striped oxford

military shirts

cordury script hat

radar watchmans hat

pinstrip hat

triple s hat

all fucking fire. goddamn.

ll bean factor is off the charts across the board.

Actually kinda impressed by this in the outerwear peices like the chore and cruiser even mountain parka but then that's just my preference for simpler items

let's just hope the sizing is back to normal.

amen

varsity jacket

chore jacket

hooded field coat

world famous cap

cotton duck hoodie

posse hat

striped wool sweater

box new era

mountain parka

patch tartan camp cap

backpack

box hoodie

looks like maybe the wool cruiser jacket instead of the hooded field coat, and the striped (cotton) sweater instead of striped wool sweater?

surprised they've got so many jackets for the shop and no button-ups as someone mentioned

surprised they've got so many jackets for the shop and no button-ups as someone mentioned

Oh, you're just mad because you can't rock all the heavy gear down there in the dirty dirty.

New shit looks fresh as heck - much more inspired, IMO. Looks to me like Brendon put more of a personal touch on this season - very classic Americana/outdoors inspired along the lines of his work for ES and NOAH. Not LL so much as Filson, Carhart, Ivy League, etc. I really dig it.