Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good spot Sammy, think that explains why the new bag has the embossed logo too - don't know why they did it as a double box though.

cause jansport has their patch and the JS embossed on the leather.

what they should have done was put the box logo patch and embossed something different on the leather, like the creative director of jansport did lol

All the hoodies and crews from last season felt so fucking flimsy. I imagine the arc logo this season would probably weigh like half of a CYC one and look like shit after one wash. Pure speculation though, maybe it was just a one season thing?

i don't think it was a one-off unfortunately and you're probably right on the quality aspect. luckily dqm is still holding down cyc for the city

ps - mdc, eh? are you subtly suggesting that's the next supreme tee flip? haha

yeah, you're right - that just shows how much of my consciousness alife occupies.

union's last batch was with cyc but they apparently had a falling out, so doubt that will continue (not sure if this is related to the supreme situation)

Well doesn't Jebbia own Union too? That would probably explain why Supreme isn't using CYC anymore.

it be interesting what styl;e they go with then,if they just replicate cyc winter sweats in china factory or change design(no side ribing) if reigning champ come out with unbraded sweats this season il be on them always crying oout for those perfect sweats in plain colours.

Does anyone feel like CYC has become just another buzz word? I admit they do make a good product but is it really that good? I've had plenty of CYC and while the do use a heavy weight cotton, i dont see them has being all that superior to winter weight sweatshirt from China. The crest hoodie still felt pretty solid, as did the box crews from last winter, which correct me if I'm wrong, were China made.

I'm guessing the choice to drop CYC is purely from a financial/business standpoint. Production and shipping prices have gone up drastically in the past year or so. In order for Supreme to maintain their profit margins while maintaining its price point and exclusivity by putting out product in relatively low numbers, they need to cut costs somehow. It's either no CYC, or see the price of goods go up like 35-50%. But who knows what'll be in store for fall... Guess we'll find out next week.

Does anyone feel like CYC has become just another buzz word? I admit they do make a good product but is it really that good? I've had plenty of CYC and while the do use a heavy weight cotton, i dont see them has being all that superior to winter weight sweatshirt from China. The crest hoodie still felt pretty solid, as did the box crews from last winter, which correct me if I'm wrong, were China made.

Last year's box crews were made in Canada by CYC.

We'll have to wait to see if this season's sweats compare to previous ones.

i walked past supreme today at a little after 7 and they were brown-bagging the windows so supreme is done until the 4th.

the kid wearing the supreme fitted that works it supreme is an interesting dude. he's either wicked cool and helpful or just totally oblivious. i've seen the hat up close a few times and it's decent. you could probably catch him skating around union square or something if it's that important to get a look at it.

if anyone wants a light gray beanie from this past season for a nice price (25?) hit me up.

I'm going to guess that, judging by CYC's pricing on W+H stuff, they probably want way too much for a blank crew just like everything else they sell, so Supreme decided to use someone in China instead.

CYC's stuff is great, but the pricepoints get more ridiculous every season.

I'm guessing the choice to drop CYC is purely from a financial/business standpoint. Production and shipping prices have gone up drastically in the past year or so. In order for Supreme to maintain their profit margins while maintaining its price point and exclusivity by putting out product in relatively low numbers, they need to cut costs somehow. It's either no CYC, or see the price of goods go up like 35-50%. But who knows what'll be in store for fall... Guess we'll find out next week.

they're really going to have to knock this one out of the park designwise b/c denali's kind of suck.

Kinda the worst. i hope its something else and what i heard was only rumor. I dont really know what they could do to make the jacket better. You end up looking like you go to a college in the north east or hiking in the rockies.

Why couldn't it have been supreme x reyes ??? That would have been so dope. I mean everlast is OG, don't get me wrong, but not the best glove out there. Oh well, must cop anyway for the wall.

Because everyone knows Everlast, whether you follow boxing or you don't.

It's not like anyone's actually going to box in the gloves, so performance isn't really a factor.

Because everyone knows Everlast, whether you follow boxing or you don't.

It's not like anyone's actually going to box in the gloves, so performance isn't really a factor.

Fair, point taken. I just would have wanted one accessory that i can actually use, is that too much to ask for. I don't play basketball or baseball, so none of those worked for me.

FLO

www.whatsupflo.com