Street Fighter Thread

Ichigo100%

I'm coming to the conclusion that I might have to drop Deadpool from my team :( Dormammu has been swapped out for Super Skrull (because Skrull is fucking bonkers) but Deadpool seems to have some serious timing issues. I can get up in the air from a combo and launcher on Skrull and Ammy no problem, but Deadpool always gives me problems and I usually miss the air character change with him. Add to that his Hyper Combos are funny but not all that usefull with the other two's Hypers and I think he might have to go.

Still a couple of things I don't 'get', like when assists are useful and I have a horrid feeling I'm going to end up using the same combos unless I start getting out of training and fighting people. I'll tell thee this for nowt, mind; Amaterasu has the potential to be fucking immense. She has a relatively small health pool but she's got amazing combos, can get across the screen, slow people down and her Y assist generates 25% Hyper bar. I'm sticking with her and building my team around her.

i think if x-factor would retain its heal redlife, no chip dmg, and cancel to nothing properties, it would be okay. maybe not have it last 20 whole seconds either (like 10 seconds) and no speed and no damage increases

it would make it more like a defensive tool to escape 100%s.. it'd balance out the game better imo

There was similar noise about Ultras after SFIV's release as I recall. I can see both sides but Capcom clearly wants its fighters to be more accessible and having a comeback mechanic like that encourages lower level players to stick with the game.

However,I think it is a very different situation from the Ultras in IV - that was more a complaint related to character balancing. Ultras can always be avoided, and if you don't make a mistake you don't get hit by them. The two main contenders for "unfair damage" were Sagats Ultra (particularly with a FADC'd SRK and two F+HKs tagged on) and Zangief Ultra - and the way to avoid both was fairly obvious - either don't jump in or don't get too close. It was the fairness of the damage output that was disputed basically the issue was "given that I have been hit by the Ultra - is it fair that it should take off so much life?" - they were not hard to avoid, but it was pretty galling to lose so much health when you did get tagged. Obviously it was deemed that it wasn't fair and damage output on Ultras was reduced across the board for Super - you could still get tagged by an Ultra just as easily as before, but they wouldn't hit so hard.

The situation with Xfactor is completely different. It's not like you are avoiding specific move, it's the whole character you basically don't want to deal with. They are stronger, move faster, recover health and have completely different recovery properties on their specials leading to setup which, avoiding the word broken, are cheap beyond belief.

As example Mike Ross' Ryu got chipped out by an Xfactor Morrigan who was just throwing fireballs. He blocked one and before he could recover from blockstun another was hitting him despite pushblocking - a proper blockstring from fullscreen with fireballs. The chip damage on each one was absolutely obscene and completely unscaled because it was outside of a combo - yet just as inescapable as a normal combo. He blocked a fireball once, which, like I said, I don't see as a mistake, and then there was nothing he could do to avoid dying - 100% life chip damage - to me that is a world apart from getting tagged by an Ultra.

Quite apart from the insane setups it produces it also means that an overpowered character becomes a godtier character for easily enough time to wipe out your whole team. Sentinal, for example, is pretty crazy anyway - amazing assists, huge health, huge damage combos, huge chip, flight, super armour sweep, hyper armour launcher (lol!) , that is pretty hardcore as it is, but when Xfactored, his one main flaw - his speed - is completely altered, he is suddenly fast as well as having all his other attribute buffed too along with constant healing! I am certain that will will make for pretty much unwinnable matchups if the Sentinal knows what he's doing. It's not a case of dying if you do the wrong thing, it's a case of dying unless you do exactly the right thing.

It's not really the "low level" players that are a concern, they, more than likely, won't be around in a few months to buy DLC anyway. Also the basic application of XFactor is not that worrying from an unexperienced player - the bigger worry is when the real lab fiends work out something really fucking broken. It's not to hard to believe that soon enough there will be unblockables leading into 100% life combos/blockstrings, which then might lead into legit 50/50 guessing games for the next character who comes in.

Rant over.

There was similar noise about Ultras after SFIV's release as I recall. I can see both sides but Capcom clearly wants its fighters to be more accessible and having a comeback mechanic like that encourages lower level players to stick with the game.

Dude, I was more in shock about Wolverine's ability to do a dive kick INTO a ground hit + air juggle + weapon x.

The way Wong played that wolvie, he decimated other characters with ridiculous assists - akuma's is bullshit, morrigan's assist is bullshit...

I get the feeling that this game is actually balanced but in a very wierd way. Like at the expert level, every win makes you want to throw your controller, because it's all bullshit, and eventually it's basically randomized and evened out.

like any other thread on superfuture if someone has a question they can post it they'll usually get an answer... not sure what you're expecting, this ain't a street fighter forum; there are better outlets for information

*edit you don't talk shit but none of that is serious, and it aint some condescending bullshit like 'i bet you these guys havent even spent a week in training mode for ssf4'

OK, here's some info which I found, you can execute Hsien Ko's Hyper Armour super then do a delayed hyper combo to swap her out, and she keeps the armour on while off screen. This lets you call in her big pendulum swing assist and she simply can't he hit out of it. Still takes red damage, but it's definitely a worthwhile trade.

Even better though, some guy was sitting right next to me on the bus listening to Michael Jackson's 'Scream' through his loud tinny earphones while everyone else was slumped in utter silence. Then it got to the chorus and he started belting it out himself, aggressively slapping on the headrest in front almost in rhythm. Amazing. I like that it really meant something to him.

Pringles etc.

Also check this vid out...