Street Fighter Thread

Ichigo100%

Daigo is slipping. The amount of talent that's coming out of the woodwork not only in Japan, but North America as well is fantastic to see. I don't dislike Daigo, he's an excellent player but man I love me some Fuudo and Itabashi Zangief. Then with the likes of Dieminion really stepping his game up tremendously, gives us more of a chance this time around.

I read this recent article that Choco Blanka posted on EG, and she speaks about how the scene in Japan is still going strong because of how big it is here in North America. I smell some fresh competition soon

maybe, i dunno. aside maybe zero 3 and vampire, he's never been the very best at any of the games he's played. people forget he got 4th in AE at evo, just because poongko blew him up. and latif was all of a sudden the best viper in the world (lol).

i don't think the japanese scene really cares about north america. most of the top SF4 players will never go to the US. if you look at games like ST & 3S, which still have very strong scenes in japan, it's the same way; most of the top players have never gone to the US. even cvs2 has only been half dead for many years. damdai gets props though for keeping a very small ST scene alive.

Edited by mass

Yea true, much of the games you mentioned are still consistently strong among the cream of the crop. Everyday I'm on youtube there's a new ST tournament video posted up. and of course theshend. I wouldn't go as far as to say the Japanese don't care much about the scene here, since as of late a lot of jpn newcomers from the scene are starting to pop up (some from the ae scene, etc) in major North American tournaments like EVO.

But I do see where you're coming from. With such a huge population of Japanese, it's such a small percentage that actually make it out of Japan lol.. with VF coming back into the scene now (i'm hearing the top brad player may show up at EVO) we may see a small influx. Personally, as long as there's competition the Japanese will always pop up.

Edited by xArtlessartx

it makes sense why they wouldn't want to come out. it's expensive and any tournament is dependent on seeding. i doubt most american tournament organizers know where to place international players in relation to american ones and since there are more road to evo events for seeding points in north america that skews the brackets too. i think more japanese players come to evo/america for the experience rather than the tournament itself, like americans going to tougeki.

daigo exhibition matches are starting at 10pm eastern tonight. invite yourself to the chat 'ceosufuchat' on aim.

please identify yourself with your sufu username when you enter.

side betting via paypal is encouraged

As part of the killer CEO 2012 weekend, MCZ|Daigo Umehara will be participating in a rematch exhibition against some of his greatest competitors, like EG|Justin Wong, TS|Arturo Sanchez, EG|Ricky Ortiz, CVPR|PR Balrog, coL.cc|Filipino Champ, RZR|Latif and more.

lol latif lost the rematch to daigo and then got eliminated by kazunoko

ricky ortiz, xian, eita, tokido (lost to mago), wolfkrone, clakey d are out

momochi (lost to mov), haitani, itazan, uryo, sako, kyabetsu, valle, are in losers

hsien chang just sent justin wong to losers

dieminion who i don't respect at all sent uryo and mago to losers

Edited by mass