Lacoste

Mr Calvin Oscar

wut u think. iz lacoste kewl?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. wut u think. iz lacoste kewl?

• kewl
    • ok
    • no

If your friends / friend bought it for you then clearly they like it / think it fits in with how you dress so they're not going to care or think badly of you for wearing it. The only people who could give a fuck live on the internet. It's a polo. Wear it when you need to wear a polo. I prefer my Perry's but they're just as generic as any old Lacoste. Maybe a tad less associated with collars-popped-bro-dom but only just.

Lacoste is cool. In France it used to have a bad connotation since douchebags and thugs wore their tracksuit. But if you like it, just wear it, their polos are great.

they fit very well for a decently priced polo I'd say... better than anything I've ever had the chance of trying on that was under 70-80 bucks. Where I live you don't see a lot of them around though so I might be biased but shit, if it fits you and you like it, why not.

most of you are too young to remember this (i include myself, though i have heard of people finding these things in thrift shops way back when [1990s]):

63yxa2

Businessman Barry Gottlieb, 34, is the scourge of preppiedom. First he designed a belly-up alligator that poked fun at the celebrated reptile on Izod Lacoste shirts. Its name: the Croc O' Shirt. Unamused, Izod Lacoste sued, and Gottlieb's Mad Dog Productions (1983 sales: $300,000) agreed to withdraw its parody pullovers. Mad Dog is again on the run. The satire this time is Ralph Lauren's polo-player insignia. Gottlieb's Horse Shirt shows the rider being dragged behind the horse. Lauren sued, and Gottlieb has again promised to halt sales. Said he last week: "I was only poking a little satiric fun at the whole preppie movement. Everyone should be able to laugh." But not, in Gottlieb's case, on the way to the bank: he has now lost two of the three items his firm produces. The only one left is Silent Vigil foam-rubber wind chimes, introduced two months ago "for those who love the look but hate the sound." Silent Vigil sales to date: 2,000 toneless tintinnabulators.