bum/waist/fanny/belt bag[s]

im wanting to get a belt bag.. obvious choice is the gucci one..

yhst-15000194228111_1869_112809730

i know ill probably get slated for putting this up.. but stil.. i wear jeans too tight to put things in the pockets, and i cant always be arsed to carry round a bag or wear jackets with big enough pockets, so i would find it useful..

anyone know any other bags similar to this? [better than this].. and also.. how can i make sure its authentic? im sure these have been faked alot..

cheers!

No offense Thomas but hip packs are very lame IMO very much a midwest geriatric tourist

look here in the states even if it's Gucci. I understand the no room in the pockets thing but

why don't you get a clean messenger bag? J Fold makes some very nice leather ones or

make sure your jacket has some good pockets.

For the love of god don't do the hip pack!!! PLEASE!!!!

My girl has that joint in black & it never leaves her shoulder (she does flip it over her shoulder most of the time) or waist. I think it's fresh as hell but maybe not for a dude. I mean I know Damon Wayans (hate to put him on blast but for reference) has the exact same one as well so you do the math.

I do understand that you have to keep in mind that if the "right" people were rockin' the thing then every fashion hip early adopter Herb would be telling you that they're fresh & then a year later when the masses were fucking with them they'd all jump ship with embarrasment like they had to do with their Von Dutch hats & Bapes.

It's definitely a Jay Manual move right now but screw perception & do your thing... All of that said, I use an undersized backpack at times.

-Dub

thomas

i quite like the whole batman thing of the belt. my girl has a nice black nappa leather one, it suits her. i wouldn't do it but seeing your look i think you could pull it off.

don't know about the gucci, but i come from a place where you assume any gucci, or LV is fake.

i think you have to remember that in a place where a 21cm opening on a jean is considered narrow, then masculinity/self image issues will prevent most from seeing the beauty of wearing something so wrong, that it's right.

i like the idea. not a fan of gucci monogramme [personal rule of thumb: if is well known enough for fakes to be around, then why bother.]

my girl has a nice black nappa leather one, or you could get something army surplus.

you have to remember, you're mainly asking guys who consider 21cm jeans to be too narrow so they prob wouldn't have the style/confidence to pull off wearing something that is as wrong as a belt bag. i reckon it would work for you.

teisco.gif

^

keep in mind that if the "right" people were rockin' the thing then every fashion hip early adopter Herb would be telling you that they're fresh & then a year later when the masses were fucking with them they'd all jump ship with embarrasment

See what I'm sayin'?

Do the thing thomas_highstreet!

-Dub

I'm with T-Highstreet in that I wish I had a bag that wasn't a damn messenger bag...just to hold my mp3 player, phone, camera, keys and that's it..

I saw one in Head Porter today...and it was fricking $185..

Dude, I say get the gucci one, if all else fails...just not the one that's pictured though....

yeah.. problem with the guccis is even if its real its gonna be associated with the fakes! :'( maybe i could just make one myself? thats probably the best option actually.. i am quit handy with a machine.. so shouldnt be too hard..

but with the gucci.. triniboy, you were sayin not the one pictured? why? its alot more low-key that the beige or grey monograms, so i thought it would work a bit better, and be less in your face..

you think that colourways a no-no?

has anyone got pics of all the shit that should come with a new gucci bag? it looks like the cheapest i can find for that is $269 .. [supposed to retail at $475].. but i was thinking ebay, but then again.. theres way to many fakes.. and i'd rather put together something myself than buy a fake..

Please anyone on this board, don't go out and buy a "brand-name" fany belt pack. It just reeks of "brand-whore"-ishness. Let me suggest something else. Something really hot right now in Japan is Salon-hair designer waist packs, essentially the waist belts that hair sylists use to put their scissors, etc in.

0630h.jpg

Go to some salons and ask where the stylists buy their bags. The ones here in Japan are all leather and look tight. Plus they won't break your wallet.

Please anyone on this board, don't go out and buy a "brand-name" fany belt pack. It just reeks of "brand-whore"-ishness. Let me suggest something else. Something really hot right now in Japan is Salon-hair designer waist packs, essentially the waist belts that hair sylists use to put their scissors, etc in.

0630h.jpg

Go to some salons and ask where the stylists buy their bags. The ones here in Japan are all leather and look tight. Plus they won't break your wallet.

Please don't take offense Thomas. It appears you are from the UK? Surely you realise the luxury waist bag is very higher end chav-esque?! Still I'm sure it depends entirely on how it compliments the clothes you wear not what they wear!

Personally I rock a bumbag but over my shoulder (so its spanning diagonally) on my chest or my back if that makes sense...!

Quote:

Alfredo Bannister. I also recommend a brand called TOUGH.

Here are more:

1836p1.jpg

1436p1.jpg

552897pb01_16005C.jpg

565935pm01_12005D.jpg

567513pb01_39005D.jpg

photo_style.jpg

img10081852157.jpeg

elk_body02.jpg

i-r1.jpg

i-r2.jpg

img10081453056.jpeg

0451_bodyback02.jpg

topphoto10.jpg

model.jpg

model1.jpg

592-07507-mo.jpg

Edited by djrajio on Oct 29, 2005 at 12:58 AM

--- Original message by djrajio on Oct 29, 2005 12:35 AM

do you have any links to any more? preferably nylon or cordura ones? i think thisd be perfect for my hospital stuff