bum/waist/fanny/belt bag[s]

• 4 weeks later...

My friend has that gucci bag and its badass. I actually just started sporting a side bag for pretty much the same reason as you. I am wearing a rock climbing chalk bag - might be a bit oc for what your looking for but its fun. On the plus side however, having some extra pocket space is really nice to have. Good luck in your search

i think i found the answer.. like most of my textile quests.. make my own... ahaha.. or get one of those japanese salon bags.. im gonna beg this missus to get me one!

i actually saw a girl today in starbucks [yeah whatever].. with one.. she was japanese.. maybe its already the groovey thing over there?

What in the hell are you carrying in your pockets that would neccesitate buying a "fanny pack?" I manage to fit my keys, change, my smokes, a zippo, my cell phone, a comb and wallet into my LVC '47's. I don't understand why anyone would need to carry any more than that on them, or wear pants that are any tighter than the '47's. Fanny packs are a total faux pas, ironic style is equally lame, and those hair stylists bags...who the hell wants to look like a hair dresser? That is, if you're not a chick or a fruit.

Quote:

Umm..some of us might carry stuff like an mp3 player, camera, etc...i'd rather have a small bag for that kind of shit than stick it all in my pocket.

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Nov 28, 2005 08:28 AM

exactly! !! that guy posting before is a bit of a 'tard.

well i personally would like a simple one because i work part time in a hospital in scrubs (sorry theyre not selvage). and they have one pocket at most. and esp since im running around the dam place alot, these look like they would be good to hold saline bottles, syringes, scissors, forceps, tape, etc..

Quote:

I keep my ipod in my shirt or jacket pocket, and the only camera that I always have on me is on my phone. Dude's shouldn't need a purse.

--- Original message by AmericanTemplar on Nov 28, 2005 08:45 AM

hahaha.. it all depends on the cut and fit of your clothes... like i said in the post that started this thread... if your in some baggy shit.. then of course it can fit fine.. but if you wearing fitted shirt, fitted jacket, fitted jeans... having a load of buldges in your pockets completely fucks up your sillouhette [typo?].. thats what im getting at.. and as for ''dudes shouldnt need a purse''... surely putting boundries into fashion is the only way to stop it evolving? you obviously dont care much for developing anything new.. so to be honest.. you opinion isnt particularly valued by me..

• 1 month later...

I wear fitted jeans and shirts so it drives me nuts having to carry my shit in my pockets. If I am with my wife I just throw all my stuff in her purse. I finally got over the whole man purse thing a few years ago after spending time in NY. Now I hardly ever leave home without out some kind of bag....but never a fanny pack. During the work week I carry a black small super deluxe courier bag from Courier Ware, http://www.courierwareusa.com . This company kicks ass...handmade bags and insainly durable. They line there bags with water proof nylon pack cloth so they stay flexable unlike most courier type bags like R.E.Load etc. On trips to NY and most recently Japan I carry a Manhattan Portage DJ Bag http://www.manhattanportage.com, but in Tokyo I picked up a Porter, Yoshida and Co, bag. I dig the Porter, but have no idea where to buy one stateside. I also own a medium walking bag from Courierware which I also carry quite a bit.

Edited by Hemidart on Jan 10, 2006 at 04:09 PM

Edited by Hemidart on Jan 10, 2006 at 04:11 PM

Porter can be had at the Stussy shop in NYC. Alas, the prices are inflated by 15%-20% compared to Japan. I rock Porter myself. Always have. I remember in college rocking my Porter tote bag and getting a lot of shit from guys. Now lots of guys rock tote bags and its fashionable. Go figure.

• 3 months later...