top 3 hip hop albums

cheapmuthafukr

Quote:

i only have two albums i really really like:

Nas ILLMATIC- i cant stop listening to this one icon_smile.gif

Common- Be

--- Original message by 1995chardx on May 20, 2006 01:35 PM

If the only Common album you've heard is Be, you HAVE to listen to his old shit like One Day It'll All Make Sense and/or Resurrection...if you have listened to them, then cool, but if not, do that, you could replace Be with one of those real quick. Be's production is sick thanks to Kanye and J Dilla(RIP)...

but it gets old real fast.

Man i spent 400 bucks on this,

just to be like,

"nigga you ain't up on this"...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny.. I usually agree when its said that hiphop hasn't been as good as it used to be,

but still some of my all time favorite albums are from 2001 onwards. I got mad love for Reasonable

doubt, but I just have to pick blueprint because to me it feels even more complete.

Reflection Eternal is just simply my favorite hiphop album of all time, period. amazing production,

Kweli's precense couldnt be replaced by anyone.. all together the closest to a perfect album ever.

top 2:

Talib Kweli & Hitek: reflection eternal - train of thought

Jay-Z - Blueprint

I just cant pick a 3rd album with these, there are so many good ones but out of various reasons these stand out.

runners up: Illmatic, reasonable doubt, resurrection, Be, Ready To Die, College Dropout (yes I said it..), Like Water for Chocolate, Beats Rhymes and Life, Blackstar..

Hi teknology is allright but IMO not as complete as talibs albums (and of course blackstar). I actually thought Quality was f'in sick too even though it wasn't generally as liked as reflection. Beautiful struggle was allright but not close to the others.

in no peticular order:

jeru the damaja- the sun rises in the east

nas-illmatic

people under the stairs- the next step

props to rigga for holdin jeru down

we droppin that hot fashion, mashin, lyric-lashin, unmaskin fake kats in acts, smashin the fact in one second flat, you could lose your career steppin here. .madlib.<u> </u>

• 2 weeks later...
in no peticular order:

jeru the damaja- the sun rises in the east

nas-illmatic

people under the stairs- the next step

props to rigga for holdin jeru down

we droppin that hot fashion, mashin, lyric-lashin, unmaskin fake kats in acts, smashin the fact in one second flat, you could lose your career steppin here. .madlib.<u> </u>

I hung out with Jeru after E3 and had a few drinks with the dude; he wanted to work with the company I was at at the time; very nice guy.

as far as rap goes uhhh.....in no particular order....

1. Nas - Illmatic

2. Jay-Z - The Blueprint

3. AZ - Doe or Die

REAL hip-hop?? that's tough, as of today....

1. Tribe: midnight mauraders

2. De La Soul: stakes is high

3. Asheru: soon come (if your not up on this cat, pleeeease check him out!)

to the guy who mentioned tribe doing a reunion tour, they were supposed to start one last winter, dunno why it never panned out. I managed to catch one of the few shows they did alongside naughty by nature, and lemme say it was THE shit. phife's shortness is something to see, wasn't kidding when he said he was the five foot assassin.....

as far as rap goes uhhh.....in no particular order....

1. Nas - Illmatic

2. Jay-Z - The Blueprint

3. AZ - Doe or Die

REAL hip-hop?? that's tough, as of today....

1. Tribe: midnight mauraders

2. De La Soul: stakes is high

3. Asheru: soon come (if your not up on this cat, pleeeease check him out!)

to the guy who mentioned tribe doing a reunion tour, they were supposed to start one last winter, dunno why it never panned out. I managed to catch one of the few shows they did alongside naughty by nature, and lemme say it was THE shit. phife's shortness is something to see, wasn't kidding when he said he was the five foot assassin.....

5'0, 36" waist. damn... boy must be(or been in 92) fat as fuck.

The Cold Vein

Reasonable Doubt/Illmatic (its a tie, what can i say)

Black On Both Sides

...in no particular order.

ok this is EASY although i'm not sure the order

Dr Dre - Chronic 2001

50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Jay-Z - The Blueprint

btw if your list included kanye west, it's ok to not like rap (wait actually it isn't)

50 is the worst thing to happen to hip hop. period. actually, 50 is not hip hop, hes a rapper, and a wack one at that. this is the best HIP HOP albums. remember, mcs, djs, writers, b-boys... not steroid filled thugs who mumble over a beat.

sorry... i came up on krs and public enemy, native tongues. 50 is garbage. i like HIP HOP. i like the artistry, the culture, not some dude mumbling about hoes and crack.

and im not a "hippie trendster" who was on his dick... i always hated him.

I hung out with Jeru after E3 and had a few drinks with the dude; he wanted to work with the company I was at at the time; very nice guy.

a lot of the people in rap that you would think would be cool are dicks and a lot you would think would be tough or aloof are actually really cool. england, maybe you've come across this.

i'll just say this, having been around a lot of people in the rap game, a lot of the rappers that claim to be all about being conscious, drug free, or even anti-gay are just running game on cats. just take everything with a grain of salt guys.

sry but if you don't like Get Rich Or Die Tryin' you don't like rap! anything after that fine, but that album was classic. people who hate on 50 nowadays are the same hippie trendsters who were on his dick when that cd came out but hopped off when he got TOO popular

i like 50, he's an intelligent dude, more than how he comes across on records. always had respect for him even before he was "famous". his reputation carried a lot of weight in new york way before he got shot up. but to say that Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a classic is kind of a stretch. unless you define a classic by number of units sold--which these days is pretty much the case...

my favourite hip hop classics are

new york new york-grandmaster melle mel and the furious five(its written like this on the cover)

nas-made you look

ntm-thats my people(french rap)

krs one-step into a world

boulevard connection-live from copenhagen

ps: 50 cent may be a intelligent dude(what you can call "intelligent" under his circumstances)but he's jest a fool who like to sell his shit with a good way of marketing.hip hop is about the culture and people like this hot 97 bitches who pay 1000s od dollar for airplay will never earn respect from real people!i'm a graffiti artist sine 12 years and i was never after earning money with my passion!i'm from germany and we got the same problems down here,people like 50 cent have destroyed the commmunity,cause everyone is nowadays aboout consuming cause organize something or being a activist seens to exhausing!

my favourite hip hop classics are

new york new york-grandmaster melle mel and the furious five(its written like this on the cover)

nas-made you look

ntm-thats my people(french rap)

krs one-step into a world

boulevard connection-live from copenhagen

ps: 50 cent may be a intelligent dude(what you can call "intelligent" under his circumstances)but he's jest a fool who like to sell his shit with a good way of marketing.hip hop is about the culture and people like this hot 97 bitches who pay 1000s od dollar for airplay will never earn respect from real people!i'm a graffiti artist sine 12 years and i was never after earning money with my passion!i'm from germany and we got the same problems down here,people like 50 cent have destroyed the commmunity,cause everyone is nowadays aboout consuming cause organize something or being a activist seens to exhausing!

i agree with what you're saying, man. but, 50's no fool, though.

where are you from in germany? hamburg?