Minneapolis?

dutchxoven

• 2 weeks later...

Saw your post too late, but I guess I can leave some comments, hopefully it might be useful to others in the future.

My restaurant recommendations:

Chambers Kitchen - they describe the food as "Asian Fusion". It is located in the Chambers boutique Hotel.(Downtown)

Barbette - A small french restaurant located in Uptown

Origami - Perhaps the best Japanese restaurant in Minneapolis (Downtown)

Where did you end up staying/going while you were in Minneapolis?

i stayed at the graves 601 hotel. super nice by the way! ...again i was only there for little more than two nights and i was working as well.....but we ate at some random places.....pizza luce for lunch one afternoon (really good sandwiches) and i ate at wasabi near the univ one night (it was ehhh) ....but then we ate at 20.21, super good!! seriously good....and then some place called alma. that was super good too....minneapolis you guys have some good little restaurants for sure.

but ill be back hopefully in the next few weeks. what else should i look into? nightlife wise this time?

Pizza Luce is ill.

I don't know what's good club-wise but for rock shows check the Triple Rock Social Club and First Ave/7th St. Entry. I think all the other spots I used to hit have closed.

Triple Rock is also good for breakfast but I think they're only open weekends.

Next time you're here check out Uptown area during weekdays. Plenty of good food and bars. Often at the same place. Chino Latino, Figlio, Independent, Sushi Tango, Stella's fish cafe.

Find Azia on Nicollett, it's not too far from uptown. Try Bad Waitress for breakfast.

Nightlife on the weekend — depends on what you like. But you can just stroll down 1st avenue in downtown Minneapolis, all nightclubs are basically there. If you stayed at Graves and maybe plan to do it again — check out Seven. It's a lounge. Of the newer places with a nice roof top and a ridiculous dress code. First Avenue night club is always a good option. Right across from the hotel.