april77 new batch bad?

PAID VACATION

Hey all,

I got a pair of the Joey "nerves" from SevenNYC (bought in person, tried on) about 2 weeks ago, i wore them the day after I got them and a day last week. I thought they felt a little cheap, softer than usual, less denim-y and more polyblend. I mean i've tried Lee westernwear pants before, and those are 70s stretchy and weird.

I thought it might just be a new thing for the joey.

so today I was folding them up to put them in a drawer and i noticed that BOTH of the back pockets are falling off. the gussets are ripping away from the jean at all the seams, they are just unwraveling. I am not a construction worker, I wore them around town and thats it. If i had snagged something, i might claim it as my own, but every one of the gussets is falling away from the jean. I compared them to my colordrives that are 10 months old, and they havent moved a centimeter in the way that the nerves have.

So i wanted to know if those who have also bought and worn the new ones, especially the nerve color, if yours are falling apart. Look at them and post here

Icarus always said they had terrible quality, but, i have 5 pairs of april77s (can prove with picture, i have 2 pairs joey blue colordrive, greydrive, whitedrive, tan cords)

and have had and worn them daily without problems for a year+.

The inside patch always used to say made in morrocco, now its tunisia.

I'm writing them to get my money back at least cheap mondays can hold it together for 2 weeks. For shame april77!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

i got the 'joey snow' (made in tunisia) a few weeks ago and have only worn them a handful of times but no issues yet. i'll let you know if my pockets start falling off too.

of note - my joey overdrives say made in tunisia too and i've had them since april '07 but the black colordrives i got just shortly after that say made in morocco.

I don't have a pair from this new season, but I've got a pair of colordrives that are over a year old and that pocket bullshit is just now starting. if these were a pair of high quality jeans or something i'd be upset at this happening after a year, but hey, they're a77's. at two weeks though, I'd have a problem. Call Seven up, see what they can do for you.

My Joey Hi-Standard isn't that great... third day of wearing one of the rivets that strengthen the stitching on the back pockets came of, then after a while the stitching on both front pockets is ripping... still wearable of course and I just paid 50 euro so what.