The Warhammer & Warhammer 40k Thread

jeepster

The best part:

All armies fully painted.

shit man. Photos?

I bet you've got some immaculate detailing going on as well.

Did you ever start your own chapter? Coming up w/ those custom paint schemes and the details/backstories is always fucking badass.

Considering I didn't do space marines for more than a few months, not chapters. I had some fluff for my Regiments, though. I used to pore over the IG codices and dream about their homeworlds, their regimental insignia, etc. I love the handbook!

Jeep, I'd throw up some photos if I had a decent light set-up, but I don't. I only have my chaos warrior/daemonettes/warhounds unpacked.

Jeep, I'd throw up some photos if I had a decent light set-up, but I don't. I only have my chaos warrior/daemonettes/warhounds unpacked.

Yo, bring them to NY and we can create set ups in Central Park and have sidney photograph them. Then we can all get Pinkberry.

my friend painted them with lead based paint and got poisoned.

started vomiting sporadically it was really weird.

didn't know how to react.

lesson: don't play with this shit.

dis ur frien?

nerdmax.jpg

oh man, i wasted too much time and money on these games but damn if it wasn't awesome while it lasted. started off in fantasy during fifth edition, then moved on to 40k towards the end of 2nd edition. i had an awesome rhino rush blood angels army in the days of third edition, so what if i never got around to actually getting them all painted...

fun times no less. i don't know how i managed to afford that at ages 14-17... all that's left is some scattered bits in my parents' place.

yeah, i think the 5th edition of 40k just came out. makes me feel so old.

• 3 weeks later...

Christ, this should be a subthread in superconfessional. Way back in the day (before Tau, or even the Chaos Space Marine codex) my brothers were into 40K. I really got into making and modifying a Blood Angel army. Tho I never actually 'played' the game much, I spent way too much time painting, etc. Was pretty damn good. Built some sweet characters, including a Captain figure that had a modified cape/pack blister. My favorite was the Veteran Assult squad I made out of regular jump troops, but did a custom gold mask scheme.

I mostly blame this squinting and painting tiny character obsession for why my eyes are so fucked now.

All that shit is back at my parents in Oregon, would post pics if I had them. Always competed over those Young Bloods pics in that Warhammer magazine....

Christ, this should be a subthread in superconfessional. Way back in the day (before Tau, or even the Chaos Space Marine codex) my brothers were into 40K. I really got into making and modifying a Blood Angel army. Tho I never actually 'played' the game much, I spent way too much time painting, etc. Was pretty damn good. Built some sweet characters, including a Captain figure that had a modified cape/pack blister. My favorite was the Veteran Assult squad I made out of regular jump troops, but did a custom gold mask scheme.

I mostly blame this squinting and painting tiny character obsession for why my eyes are so fucked now.

All that shit is back at my parents in Oregon, would post pics if I had them. Always competed over those Young Bloods pics in that Warhammer magazine....

eye damage is all genetics.

aah i have to admit i was into warhammer too... 1500 points worth of Empire, 750 Wood Elves, 500 orcs & goblins, 750 Space Marines and 1000 Tyranids...

fuck that was expensive. i stopped playing tho cus i always won every battle i played from day 1. MMMAASSSAAACCCRRRRREEEEE status.

yeah was mega into it had CSM armoured company and skaven hoarde I had a paper round and spent it all on these figures like $1.5G easy, shit was almost as expensive as japanese denim I played alot during 3rd edition then when 4th edition came out i realised i was A) too old and B) not liked because i tended to beat all the stupid nerds with my evil lists C) that i didn;t want to spend another $400 on books so i could keep playing the same game. Some of the models are super sweet though especially the uber-expensive forgeworld mega modelsthat cost like $400 each

Who knew there was such a direct link between (nerd) fashion and the most socialy stigmatised game around...