HAIR SALONS

tootwoot

Where are some good hair salons? I'm looking for one in LA or Orange County. My brother goes to Crew at the Lab, so I might give that place a shot, but where are some other good salons?? Even if you're not from southern California, tell me about ones you like so I can keep them in mind. Thanks. Oh, and keep in mind that I can't afford haircuts (cut+tip) over $100.

In LA I used to go to Epic Salon in Encino, even though I'm a city girl. It was around 80 for a haircut and theyre all award winning stylists and colorists, plus you don't have to deal with chi-chi beverly hills attitude. They do an amazing job and I've had a hard time getting my haircut anywhere else.. I always end up waiting til i'm back in LA to restyle.

edit- i'm positive mens haircuts are significantly less expensive.

Edited by shoegal on Oct 27, 2005 at 09:51 AM

i swear by my girl brooke at rudy's in the standard on sunset - she can do it ALL, boys, girls, straight curly - she used to be at fred segals before moving to the standard. i am a total hair snob, and before i found brooke, the last great haircut/color i had was at the ykc salon in saigon in july 2003. ever since i moved up to sf, i plan my trips home for the following reasons only:

a) marc jacobs/barneys/american rag sales (i like to hit up both mjs/rags!)

B) food festivals in westminster (i'm aZn like that)

c) brooke's availability.

that's how good she is.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
im bringing this thread from the grave.... i just moved to LA from orange county...

i need to find a good place to get haircuts, i actually got cut at the crew by nathaniel and it was top notch, can people recommend good places in LA area...really need a cut soon too, thanks

It totally depends on what you're looking for. I was a stylist in LA, but recently moved.

If you're looking for a high-end "hollywood" scene, I would go to Neil George, Chris McMillan or Warren Tricomi.

If you're not looking to spend over $100, I would reccomend the Santa Monica area. Taline at Dino Clark is excellent. You can also check out Alan Hipolito and The End salon. Both are on main street. (I've worked with both of them, and can vouch for their abilities). If you need more info, let me know.