houston texas?

cubhands

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So which one of you fuckers actually lives in Houston?

Best Asian food, period, no questions asked is: Tan Tan in Bellaire. Second place is any restaurant in Bellaire. The street signs are in another language for crying out loud. Mai's is okay, but it's more of the place where Affliction/Ed Hardy-wearing douchebags and their plastic girlfriends go after they get out of some Midtown bar.

Best Greek food, probably best food joint, period: Niko Niko's in Montrose.

As far as a meet-up track, any body that suggests anything other than these two songs doesn't live in or has never been to Houston:

Best Asian food, period, no questions asked is: Tan Tan in Bellaire. Second place is any restaurant in Bellaire. The street signs are in another language for crying out loud. Mai's is okay, but it's more of the place where Affliction/Ed Hardy-wearing douchebags and their plastic girlfriends go after they get out of some Midtown bar.

Tan Tan is OK for what it is, but what it is is pan-Asian fast food. Good, but clearly not the best. Best Asian food will depend on your particular wants (as "Asian" is as broad a category as anything). For pho, for example, I think Pho Bihn on the southeast side is the best, hands down. It's run out of a trailer and closes at 3 pm every day. Also, the owners will occasionally take six-week jaunts to Vietnam and shut the place down for the entire duration.

i can agree with your song choices as they're a given aswell as the ones i provided. we all know and love the songs that we posted up.

i'm vietnamese myself and tan tan is NOT the best asian food in houston. it IS the most hype out of all places. i've been going to tan tan for as long as i can remember, way back before they knocked down those two bordering stores and when they had those damn chrismas lights posted up as decorations (i know you know what im taking about) but they've cut back on portions and charge the same. There service has always been mediocre (as most asian food places) and they are basically catering to the mass's and not to the individual anymore.

Personally, i respect the guy for making tan tan an asian food staple in houston. everytime im hungry or can't figure a place to eat i head down to tan tan cause i KNOW I CAN RELY ON THERE FOOD. doesn't mean its the best it just means it's reliable.

i love tan tan like i love my grandma but for the life of me i've never know the correct way to pronounce the name.

tan tan (like a fake and bake tan)

or

tan tan (like thun thun)

??

fuck, imma run and get me a bird's nest tonight.

best asian food

mai's on mylum. i know ive gotten lost the first couple times i went tehre through

its a fucking labrynth. but it is oohhh so good. each as hell with collosal portions.

collosal.

Your paragraph includes so many errors that even I cannot help you.

the best pho i've ever tasted was the one my uncle (a chef) cooked a few months ago. broth from chicken bones, no msg, beef, chicken, meatballs. it was soooo good and so healthy. i've never found a pho restaurant in houston to serve pho like the motherland. might check out pho binh though.

been going to Chinese Cafe on the other side of Tan Tan for a decade. Great chinese food (although the portions have been cut back) and byob. shits good and cheap.

and now for desserts!

may's ice cream in diho plaza (otherside of tan tan). been going there since i was a fetus. the origional owner was like a mother to me.

juicebox has been a recent favorite of mine lately.

if you can't tell i live in sw

the best pho i've ever tasted was the one my uncle (a chef) cooked a few months ago. broth from chicken bones, no msg, beef, chicken, meatballs. it was soooo good and so healthy. i've never found a pho restaurant in houston to serve pho like the motherland. might check out pho binh though.

been going to Chinese Cafe on the other side of Tan Tan for a decade. Great chinese food (although the portions have been cut back) and byob. shits good and cheap.

and now for desserts!

may's ice cream in diho plaza (otherside of tan tan). been going there since i was a fetus. the origional owner was like a mother to me.

juicebox has been a recent favorite of mine lately.

if you can't tell i live in sw

Best Pho in Houston period.

http://www.houstonpress.com/bestof/2007/award/best-pho-605094/

Pho Binh

fuck tan tan. take 3 hours for a nigga to get served. not everyone speaks viet...

since cubhands is a chic prepare to get dick down by me and the whole southside.

late night azn food head over to hollywood in the montrose area shit taste good but there be mad homos around. mai's on MILAN aint bad but is packed at night.

you wanna shop? go to starbucks and get online. galleria nice place to peep females.

Dog, I just said this!

Tan Tan is OK for what it is, but what it is is pan-Asian fast food. Good, but clearly not the best. Best Asian food will depend on your particular wants (as "Asian" is as broad a category as anything). For pho, for example, I think Pho Bihn on the southeast side is the best, hands down. It's run out of a trailer and closes at 3 pm every day. Also, the owners will occasionally take six-week jaunts to Vietnam and shut the place down for the entire duration.

for shoping the only thing i recommend is thrift store shopping. even though its over priced for what thrift store shopping should cost its still great.

they got these 6.5/7 og hurricane's sitting at the stands in buffalo exchange for 2 months now. was gonna cop but my feet won't fit.

wtf? who in houston knows what supreme is? much less sell to a thrift store!

fucking moron's. but ke-ke-keep hustlin.

hahaa im beginning to get the feeling houston doesnt have much...

and is everyone replying asian? cause all you seem to be talking about is asian food...but i guess that doesnt matter cause i myself am asian too

hahaa im beginning to get the feeling houston doesnt have much...

and is everyone replying asian? cause all you seem to be talking about is asian food...but i guess that doesnt matter cause i myself am asian too

o you azn? shit you'll it love down here. have all the fun you want up and down bellaire just stay the fuck away from me when you driving.

pretty much everything decent (which isn't much) has been covered. galleria is not tight for shopping. only if you need to pick something up that you could find anywhere else, and even then parking/dealing with the crowds is a hassle.

sloan/hall on kirby is pretty tight. they have lots of random shit: art books, jewelry, candles, some commes des garcons wallets and scents. shit like that. rothko chapel and the menil collection are both dope as shit too. brazos books on bissonet near kirby is good for art/fashion books and mags. issues (forget what street) has the best magazine collection in town by far.

agora and cafe brasil in montrose are good coffee spots. the ginger man in the rice village has a good beer selection. kubo for sushi, like someone said.

so yeah, maybe not much in the way of culture/shopping, but we do have...

bbq: goode co. on kirby or pappas (i think goode co. is the best)

texmex: chuy's on kirby, ninfas, pappasitos (prefer chuy's)

o you azn? shit you'll it love down here. have all the fun you want up and down bellaire just stay the fuck away from me when you driving.

HAHAHAAA

thats really funny....i myself hate fuckin asian drivers too, but dont worry, i dont drive like all dem crazies

well its usually the older asians who drive like hell...