Things to do in Honolulu

Scais

haha ive been posting all over jetset cuz ive lived everywhere. if you havent been there yet, matsumoto's shaved ice. kinda touristy/famous, but i bet youll never have a better shaved ice. also.. unique to hawaii, spam musubis at your local 7/11. if you dont know what a spam musubi is go to the what are you eating today thread and i posted a pic of some like a week ago.

hahah my mom can make killer ones... but iven never seen any 7/11 with musubis except for hawaii. and i dont think the ones at 7/11 are bad at all when they are fresh, but thats just me. oh and to add 1 more thing, theres a fast food chain called zippies, you may hate, but i like it.

too bad jmatsu ain't around anymore to give suggestions.

zippy's burrito w/ chili is the bomb at 2am

waiola shave ice is just as good as matsumoto's, and its in town, so that's a big plus for me

rock-za / femme-nu - which is better? debateable...

and check out leathersoul for nice shoes/boots!

Guest jmatsu

the best thing to do is to pick up tourist bitches on vacation, fuck them, and say bye-bye.

lately i enjoy taormina sicilian eatery (cook b jap). the lamb and uni spagetti.

golf is one of fav things to do in hawaii during leisure time. the courses are beatiful and it is very easy to get t-times. various methods 2 do so.

anyhow feel free 2 ask away. i been here kinda long and know more than any local about the shit sufu people wanna know about. most locals b thinking about shit from an islander's perspective.

Guest jmatsu
well the thing is... i come to this place almost every year since my aunt lives here,and im wondering if theres anything i missed since this time im travelling with friends

scais,

u still here? let's do coke and rape some island girls or jap tourists!

Guest jmatsu
does it get boring really quickly?

sometimes, but it is what u make of it. i mean i do the same shit here i would do in tokyo minus the club events/concerts.

Fuck yeah!

Side Street Inn for dinner. It's the shiiiit!

Puka Dog for some delicious treats.

The saturday flea market by the college is pretty nice... but since it's semi-touristy, stuff is a bit on the expensive side.

You can skip Hanauma Bay for snorkeling and just go to the North Shore, cliff dive and the drive up about a 1/4-1/2 mile and snorkel the hell out of that reef.

Bring a knife and collect Opihi and sea urchins and eat them straight from the shell right there... goddamn perfect.

and Spam Musubi's are definitely the shit!!

A solid place to eat some good Hawaiian food is Ono Hawaiian as well...

aww shit jmat, if u had told me earlier i woulda brought more steezy clothes, im out here dressed like a tourist, minus the ugly shorts. im suffering through the heat with my iron hearts hahahhaa.

i only got food recs...

i fucking miss rainbow drive-in. the corned beef hash is so damn good ...ask for an extra egg tho.

for shave ice, waiola got the texture on point and it's close. like someone else said, they take a dump on matsumotos.

also already mentioned, side street inn is great. "KO" (??) rogue ale, fried rice, pork chops, shrimp scampi -can't beat it.

ono hi foods for the lau lau and kalua pork. this place is for fatboys.

macadamia nut pancakes w/bananas n' coconut syrup @ lulu's is good too. i like mine with a side of kalua pork.

Guest jmatsu
what do i do if i'm only 18??

going in november??

also can pass as 21 but no fake id??

dark,

you can't get a fake? anyway there are certain clubs you can get into, some you can sneak into, and i take u hostess club. if i there, u don't need it.

• 5 months later...