Adidas super ape star 2004 model??

Funki

Hello, i'm a regular reader of these forums, but never bothered myself to make an account till now, because i have a question for the bape-experts i know are here.

I regularly search ebay for adidas bape, because i still want a pair of the camo superstars or the gray skates. Anyways, while searching, i run into this seller on the Dutch ebay, who claims to be selling a 2004 model of the superstars, for a quite low price ^^.

However, normally when i send some emails, they will never say the shoes are authentic, but this guy keeps saying they are (making him an law-offender by dutch law, afaik, if they are fake)

here is the link to the shoes: http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8126432004&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

and this is the conversation we had so far:

(keep in mind that i was trying to get answers from the guy, some things i say might be lies, and also sometimes it may seem i'm not so bright, but im not! :D )

my first email: Beste chris_fs,

Are you sure these are real?

I am a big BAPE fan, and i know many others. All over the world in magazines and weblogs, no one has heard of a new model of the super ape star yet. Also i have never seen bape's being shipped in normal blue adidas boxes.

Can you ensure me these are authentic, for example giving me links to distributor or any known magazine that talks about them?

to which his reply was:

ok, at this moment there are three place around world made bape stuff, tailand, japan, china. most of t shirt r made in japan and tailand,but the shoes i show u r made in china,i get this directly from the factory, cuz factory made order of this prodct, and each order have one ape+adidas box, so they are matched, but this two is the extra bape+ adidas shoes factory made by itself, to release to the market, its real for sure and its new, thats why i sell it in 59,euro. if u get it, that will be a big bargain, beleiveme, I just get three of them, I also crazy about bape, and leave one for my self and another two for u guys.

then without asking for anything, but using his ebay link, he sent this mail:

this is the link of a web which have this super bape star, u can check it!!!!!----the last shoe of that page http://www.aproxonline.com/en/mainclass221.asp

Anyways, what i'm trying to find out is:

- Is there a model released, that looks like the ones on the auction?

- If so, do these look real?

- On the link he gave me, is a pair of olive ape skates, isnt the lip supposed to say "bathing ape skate" instead of "super ape skate" ?

- if confirming answer on nr.3, could it be he is so stupid that he didnt know the site has fakes? :)

sorry, this post is 90% useless info, but plz tell me if there is such a model releasedicon_smile_shock.gif

Edited by Funki on Aug 22, 2004 at 03:03 AM

i'm gonna go out on a limb without actually examining them and say those are fake...

I chck almost every sneaker boards regularly and I have never seen those or noticed anyone mention a new adidas Bape.

plus the sneaker looks fake and quality and whenever a seller mentions factory in china, factory extras and the box seems wrong then just walk away... they're just a fake or osme non official varient.

Plus look at the Tongue image, notice how poor and chunky the screen print is??

and there is also no number on teh back where it say's "1 of... " it's just blank. Also i think the original Bapes came with a Bape lace clip on the bottom not an adidas one, but i'm not positive.

if any deal sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

Hey, I didn't look at the pictures but from his replies the shoes are definitely fakes. If they are real, and EVEN in they are taken directly from the factory, they will come with a box (unless someone stole them). Besides, the stuff he said seems very familiar, and I suspect I have read an explaination like this for a fakes auction on eBay about half a year ago.

Be careful, and Dolo, I agree with you.

This is all random.......

Quote:

i don't believe that the original bape x adidas had 'adidas' screenprinted around the shoe..

anyways, its already been said that it is fake.

--- Original message by raijin on Aug 22, 2004 11:54 AM

yeah the originals looked nothing like those at all.

but if you really want to know.. call adidas, get teh right customer service rep who knows who to ask and you'll get an answer. I've called sneaker companies before... They'll tell you if they did or are doing a new Bape collabo.

i am the guy who bidding on this bape shoes and i wanna say something here, first of all thanks for funki give me this site to discuss, and thanks for all the advices from u guys, actually i am a japanese student studying in hollands, i also know bape a lot cuz it is orginally from my country, i think for the version of this shoes i have no doubt, cuz i saw it exactly the same in Tokyo stores, and for the box i also doubt about it.

i've pay attention in this guy for a long tme, last time he sell bape camo shoes is in real box so this time i also mail him about the box, he gives me exactly question answer as u guys got, i think there is certain reason for him to sell it in lower price, one of my friends also doing business in China, he told me in chinese market there is a lot of "fake" is the left over from the factory which originally made this brand, like this product might be the lace is not complete the box is not real but rest of them hard to say, that's why i bidding on it, thanks again.

xtxd