us smash france

kauflust

that was awesome. i'm in a really good mood now. especially considering all of the frog trash talking beforehand.

this rivals :

Carter+olymdunk.jpg

XMrPjl-927Q

<someone teach me how to embed youtube vid of VC tea bagging freddy weis>

<edit - thanks m1sterko>

Guest No Handclaps Please

phelps face while he was looking at the board and his reaction was priceless

and phelps will only get better at the 100m, wouldnt be surprised if he swum it in 2012

T1_0810_phelpsrelay.jpg

God. It's not even fair for that guy to be standing next to phelps. Are they both the same species?

edit: i think tonight, we should all look at our bodies in the mirror, then this picture, then kill ourselves

kid is a BEAST. rarely see gold medal swimmers that short.

true, but phelps is also standing on the platform. a specimen none the less.

the race was in-fucking-credible. if australia could have kept up the pace their first dude put up, they would have killed it. it's also incredible that three top teams (USA, France, Australia) all CRUSHED the world record. lezak is an animal. the hope for phelps' eight golds is still alive!

USA ALL THE WAY!

Illegal dolphin kick on start and turn in Athens leads him to outtouch Hansen. Cheater.

got an article or video or anything on this?

Phelps split 47.51... American record and only .01 behind the WR before Sullivan smashed it. He went pretty well.

This makes up for fucking Kitajima's victory. Fucking cheater fuck.

Yeah, I meant his actual start off the blocks. He swam well though.

Anyway, was crazy seeing a black guy on the relay team, Cullen is legit.

That won't make much sense if you're not a swimmer, but right before the pulldown, he does a HUGE downward dolphin kick. It was illegal at the time, but legalized a few months later. His screams when he wins make me so mad.

yea i swam in high school. didnt know kitajima was the poster boy for this thing though.

Regardless of his dolphin kick or not, Kitajima is a beast. Less than 5'10" and swimming like that? Since you are/were a swimmer, you should still realize his ability for that. Fuck, being 5'7", I was already falling behind at the Sectionals level.

Hansen had a disappointing swim though :(

I don't have a TV....found it on youtube. yay.

hansen has a certain look about him that makes me have zero confidence in him. maybe he has sad eyes..idk but he looked defeated even before the race.

So just watched it. I'm kinda glad I didn't watch it live. I think I would have died of a heart attack.

And I was thinking...the French lead (Amaury Leveaux) was wearing a TYR suit and not the Speedo LAZR. Based on its track record at all the major meets this year, it's advantage over other suits is undeniable. Perhaps had he wore one, the .08s gap would have been a bit different, yea? Oh well, doesn't matter now.

I wonder what the backlash in the French press is like right now.

maybe one of our French members can enlighten us with the news in France

over this epic loss after guaranteeing a victory over the US?

basically, it's just some "we lost at nothing, blah blah blah" (nothing new haha)